Manchester City v Tottenham Hotspur, 17th April [0-1 AGG]

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we can get through this tie then we have as good a chance as any to win the damn thing - which is a crazy but beautiful thought.

I think Llorente’s experience could be very helpful in this one. If he can hold up play and disrupt the City back line, then Sonny and Lucas could do some damage off him. Whether that’s from the start, I’m not so sure - but injuries might mean it’s a forced option anyway.

We just need to believe and hold an almost perfect discipline for around 100 minutes. We have the quality to get a result.

The moon is Lillywhite.

COYS.

Lorente up front for me, with Dele, Eriksen and Son in behind. Moura on for one of them when we need some more energy.

I think this is the kind of game, where Lorente's experience could really help us out. He can hold the ball up, pull a foul and get on the end of set pieces. With the other 3 in and around him to pick up the 2nd ball, or make runs off him, I think we could get something out of this.

Torn on who plays. Son and Lucas can run circles around their backline, whereas I think Llorente is strong enough and smart enough to shithouse their backline to kingdom come as well.

But both Sonny and Lucas work well with Fernando in a classic big man+littler man partnership.

As I said, torn here.

People are getting a bit holier than thou about City's niggly fouling, we're just as bad/good at it...

O feel like we were..a couple of seasons ago...I remember reading an article about our midfield and the number of those fouls we concede to stop attacks (lamela being the best...love that busy cunt). Lately, we seem opposite to that imo...seems like the oppos midfield get through us way too easily...may be it's Eriksen who imo doesn't really seem to tackle per se and we don't have a dembele or a busy little bastard in there somewhat akin to kante...? Just my thoughts

O feel like we were..a couple of seasons ago...I remember reading an article about our midfield and the number of those fouls we concede to stop attacks (lamela being the best...love that busy cunt). Lately, we seem opposite to that imo...seems like the oppos midfield get through us way too easily...may be it's Eriksen who imo doesn't really seem to tackle per se and we don't have a dembele or a busy little bastard in there somewhat akin to kante...? Just my thoughts
I think a solid defensive midfielder is key to our style of play. Just as much as a good creative midfielder. One of them control our play whilst the other focuses on controlling the opponent.

With Wanyama and Dier in and out of the team with health issues we have not had that this season. Sissoko has done a good job filling in but the jury is still out on if he is a full on defensive midfielder or more of a regular CM.

Look at how few goals Chelsea let through when Kante was played as a DM or how few City concede when Fernandinho is on form.

Already getting butterflies for this. Would be magical if we can make it through! I'm hoping for a Dortmund away type performance, whether their storm, stay strong and nick one early second half. The realisation that they have to score 3 will suck the life out of their play.

We can fucking do this!

Last edited:
Thought Llorente was excellent on Saturday but it's Lucas who scored a hattrick and it's he who will be full of confidence. Furthermore I think we need a counter-attacking threat and the speed of Lucas and Son will have City mindful whereas if we have Llorente up there he will be a easier to nullify given City will have most of the ball.

ghost
Thought Llorente was excellent on Saturday but it's Lucas who scored a hattrick and it's he who will be full of confidence. Furthermore I think we need a counter-attacking threat and the speed of Lucas and Son will have City mindful whereas if we have Llorente up there he will be a easier to nullify given City will have most of the ball.

Then surely an outball to hold things up and take pressure off is a necessity? ....Enter Da Llorente.

Lucas/Nando/Son is a no brainer imo.

Sissoko/Winks/Dele behind if poss.... Sub on CE or Vic depending scoreline.

No high line, 3 in the centre and maintain 2 on each flank to snuff out the threat of Sane & Sterling.

Back
Top Bottom