Man Shitty vs Lolerpool - which result do we want?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Which result suits Spurs?

• Shitty win

Votes: 110 59.1%
  • Lolerpool win

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 74 39.8%

• Total voters
My preferences are:
1. Draw
2. City
3. Liverpool

Both losing points is better than only one. Though liverpool seem like the bigger threat now, we need city to drop points wherever they can. Results like the palace game are like 25/1 and happen once a season.

League table for all outcomes if all 3 clubs win maximum points up until the game:

City win:

1. Liverpool - 54
2. Man City - 53
3. Tottenham - 51

Draw:

1. Liverpool - 55
2. Man City - 51
3. Tottenham - 51

Liverpool win:

1. Liverpool - 57
2. Tottenham - 51
3. Man City - 50

--

Don't know about you, but I'd rather be 3 points off top than 4 or 7.

Game theory wise opting for a draw is irrational. If Liverpool are first you want to move ahead of them, a draw gives them another point, even if city win they won't leapfrog pool, and to leapfrog pool we'll have to leapfrog City anyhow. So a win is what we want.

*we should be indifferent right now as to who's second

Game theory wise opting for a draw is irrational. If Liverpool are first you want to move ahead of them, a draw gives them another point, even if city win they won't leapfrog pool, and to leapfrog pool we'll have to leapfrog City anyhow. So a win is what we want.

*we should be indifferent right now as to who's second
Exactly

Wanting a draw is pretty absurd

Really who cares it’s only gonna end in a media love in with pep and feckin klopp! O and they might just might throw in a mention of our manager and Man.utd depending on who’s commentating runt Neville and it’s guaranteed so nope I’ll check the score when done and dusted and concentrate on the mighty Tottenham Hotspur merry Xmas....:thumbup:

This is one of the few games where it's actually guaranteed the opposition are going to at least try to beat Liverpool. Aside from us and Manchester United I don't think any other team than City will approach their match against Liverpool like they can or even want to win. So yeah, City really need to beat them.

The thing is Man City are still favourites to win the league. They have been without their best player most the season and have a better squad/team and more experience. Liverpool have been flying but unlikely they can continue like this for a whole a season.

Champions league results could prove to be more important to our title hopes than this match but it looks like everyone is in agreement that a Pool win is not good for us!

I went for a a draw as we could gain 2 points on both but after looking at the league table after a City win I am in doubt.

Better question, which result do we want for Liverpool vs Woolwich?

:pochlol:

If it was a guarantee that City would beat Liverpool then I'd hope Liverpool smashed Woolwich to oblivion.

But I'd honestly be happy with a draw in that one. Don't think I could take an Woolwich win.

My preferences are:
1. Draw
2. City
3. Liverpool

Both losing points is better than only one. Though liverpool seem like the bigger threat now, we need city to drop points wherever they can. Results like the palace game are like 25/1 and happen once a season.
I think city will win the league anyway, so gaining 2 points on both teams seems like a better idea than gaining 3 on liverpool and not catching up city at all.

I think city will win the league anyway, so gaining 2 points on both teams seems like a better idea than gaining 3 on liverpool and not catching up city at all.
After Leicester winning the league and the dippers reaching the CL final I'm a bit wary of writing pool off, especially if other teams buy into the non fairytale fairytale and roll over.

After Leicester winning the league and the dippers reaching the CL final I'm a bit wary of writing pool off, especially if other teams buy into the non fairytale fairytale and roll over.
True. Just that logically speaking, both of them are ahead of us, so its better to catch up with both . Instead of catching up with liverpool and finding out we are still a few points behind mancity. Finishing 2nd doesnt sound very interesting.

True. Just that logically speaking, both of them are ahead of us, so its better to catch up with both . Instead of catching up with liverpool and finding out we are still a few points behind mancity. Finishing 2nd doesnt sound very interesting.
If they were level on points I'd agree

For me forget who is who. Just reduce the gap between us and 1st.

Pointless imo to want either one of pool/shitty to lose points because you think they'll make up for it later. Anything can happen. Focus on 1st and let those cunts finish wherever they finish.

If it was a guarantee that City would beat Liverpool then I'd hope Liverpool smashed Woolwich to oblivion.

But I'd honestly be happy with a draw in that one. Don't think I could take an Woolwich win.

We need Liverpool to lose six points at this point. It could be more by the City game if we have a blip and we don’t want to be in a situation where we are relying on our result against them. So probably a draw here.

If they were level on points I'd agree

For me forget who is who. Just reduce the gap between us and 1st.

Pointless imo to want either one of pool/shitty to lose points because you think they'll make up for it later. Anything can happen. Focus on 1st and let those cunts finish wherever they finish.

It is sound logic, but this is a two birds with one stone. A draw between them does of course give them both a point, but it gets us (theoretically) two points closer to both. In one hit.

Back
Top Bottom