Man City (A) - The Adebayor Derby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Did you watch Sky's analysis of the game just now? It was interesting to see how none of our back line were prepared for the kick-off and Kaboul was caught unawares by the ball coming to him, which resulted in the rushed back-pass to Lloris and the bad clearance. And they talked about the positioning of the full-backs so far up the pitch leaving the CBs exposed, especially in a really difficult away game and on such a big pitch. They concluded that Soldado doesn't make enough runs and isn't suited to the lone CF role, and that we are too slow in moving the ball and don't have the right balance to the team.

Sky analysis is spot on..

yep, thats what I said. Good comment.
I'll just stop supporting the club that I have followed for 46 years, so I can support a manager who has moved on.

Or I can take part in a conversation about the current manager, and and the myopic blind support that he gets, despite having overseen the shambles of yesterdays result.

The captain of a ship that founders on rocks doesn't get to keep his job, because he hadn't hit any before - but some supporters of this club are happy to see no fault or problem with someone who has been given 120 million quids worth of footballers and has produced a team that cant score goals, and now apparently can't defend or compete.
We have 20 points from beating teams at the bottom of the league and 3 of the wins came from questionable penalties. Against top teams we have one point from a home draw and have conceded 8 goals in 3 matches.

I'd say that it was reasonable to reference the previous managers skillset to the current one, given the quality of the the performances of late, the abysmal scoring record we have and turgid performance we saw on Sunday.

You however deal with the discussion by telling a committed Spurs fan (one who has seen a substantial number of live games over the years, not just a JCL telly clapper) to go support QPR.
Nice.
If you are such a dedicated 46 year fan and your not the only one in the world mate, then stop bollocking the club we love and bloody support it and the current manager who is in charge of our team!! We are not privy to what is occouring and others who are inside the tent have placed their trust in AVB, who incidently does not look as if he has foundered on the rocks.! Such negativity belongs elsewhere like QPR!

I'm not even going to read a single post of this thread because I know if I scroll up all I'll see is civil war and hellfire. I've said most of what I would argue here anyway.

But Lamela and Ade. They were diamonds in the pile of shite yesterday. Despite being on the wrong side of the pitch, Lamela beat as many players through dribbles (3) than any City player and basically equalled Fernandinho and Yaya in passing frequency and accuracy. It's time for him to start regularly.

I genuinely think we were a bit unlucky with the first two goals. The finish for the first was outstanding and the second was harsh on Sandro. But the rest of the goals were dreadful and avoidable.

However, as far as AVB is concerned, this shit he's got us serving up just can't be defended any more; it simply isn't good enough. It's dull, it's ineffective and the players look both lost and demotivated. He may be a highly intelligent continental coach, but he's also looking far from a competent manager.

If you are such a dedicated 46 year fan and your not the only one in the world mate, then stop bollocking the club we love and bloody support it and the current manager who is in charge of our team!! We are not privy to what is occouring and others who are inside the tent have placed their trust in AVB, who incidently does not look as if he has foundered on the rocks.! Such negativity belongs elsewhere like QPR!

What a pile of shite. You'd be happy in North Korea where everyone is forced to praise the leaders, wave flags, smile and pretend that everything is rosy. The whole idea that any form of criticism belongs elsewhere is total crap. This is a fans' forum; it's exactly the place to discuss what's going well and what isn't. If you can't deal with criticism and debate, then maybe you should go somewhere else.

And by the way, AVB looked totally shell-shocked yesterday. He looked as lost as the players. He's had 18 months in charge, two full pre-seasons, 3 transfer windows and we're still a fucking mess. We've got to back him this season because of the investment, but nobody can try and pretend that we're not looking a bit of a shambles right now.

I kept myself away from the internet yesterday, I don`t want to be banned after 10 posts. At halftime I thought if AVB still wants to win this game we are f***** . So back in the pub first look on the tv i have to see Ade coming on for Holtby. And that was the end of my hopes faith believe whatever in our coach. At least he realised after another two goals that we might not be on the winning side that day. Maybe he just cares about the points and no matter if you lose 0-1 or 0-9
you get 0 points. But what about the players and supporters it makes a difference for them. He willl lose the team in just about a few days if we get hammered by Manu. What I really wanna say is I did not and do not want to see :adestare: in our shirt again ship him to China some clubs there pay good money for guys like him.

I kept myself away from the internet yesterday, I don`t want to be banned after 10 posts. At halftime I thought if AVB still wants to win this game we are f***** . So back in the pub first look on the tv i have to see Ade coming on for Holtby. And that was the end of my hopes faith believe whatever in our coach. At least he realised after another two goals that we might not be on the winning side that day. Maybe he just cares about the points and no matter if you lose 0-1 or 0-9
you get 0 points. But what about the players and supporters it makes a difference for them. He willl lose the team in just about a few days if we get hammered by Manu. What I really wanna say is I did not and do not want to see :adestare: in our shirt again ship him to China some clubs there pay good money for guys like him.

Adebayor will be crucial this season whether you like it or not.

I'm the exact opposite; I think Adebayor offers a different dimension of forward play to Soldado or Defoe AND I think that the battering was going to hurt either way. 6-0 stings pretty fierce but, to me, 3-0 (or at least 4-0 - we would've shipped one in the second half no matter what IMO) would've been just as bad. The only thing keeping me singing at times was the genuine hope that we'd win 6-5.

I'm the exact opposite; I think Adebayor offers a different dimension of forward play to Soldado or Defoe AND I think that the battering was going to hurt either way. 6-0 stings pretty fierce but, to me, 3-0 (or at least 4-0 - we would've shipped one in the second half no matter what IMO) would've been just as bad. The only thing keeping me singing at times was the genuine hope that we'd win 6-5.

The lower tier still believed!

The lower tier still believed!

I might get slated for this but I was immensely proud that we outsang their episodically interested support despite the dire showing onfield. Made the price worth it.

We used to be a behemoth in terms of decibels generated by fans (admittedly before my time); it was good to see that away again.

Do you actually believe that if we all think positively, that everything will turn out right? Do you think that if we all have a positive opinion of the current manager, he will suddenly start picking motivated and inspired players - and get them to play to a system that makes the best use of their talents?
Do you believe in Santa as well?

Because I don't. I'm all grown up now and I do not believe that any discussion (here) about players, tactics, formations - or guesswork about AVBs abilities or Redknapps for that matter, will influence, change or determine what happens next.

One thing is for sure, nothing said on here will change what I saw at the weekend, or all of this season to date - and neither will it change my opinion that at the moment the team is a rudderless, uninspired and demotivated collection of individuals, who are either unwilling or incapable of playing as a team.
We can get away with it against the lesser teams, because of the qualities of the individuals, but the minute we play against motivated groups of people playing to a system and working for each other, we unravel like a ball of wool in a cattery.

Its an opinion, based on my experience of watching professional football over a long period of time.

It does not mean I want him to fail. I want more than anything in the world (of football) for him to get it to slot into place, and work. I want him to find out what is wrong, and what is preventing his manifesto from coming to fruition, and get the defence back together and the attack to start scoring. I want AVB to be the next Bill Nicholson - I have no issues with him personally, I want him to be an outrageous success.

But neither do I want to watch him fiddle whilst Spurs burn.

I genuinely think we were a bit unlucky with the first two goals. The finish for the first was outstanding and the second was harsh on Sandro. But the rest of the goals were dreadful and avoidable.

However, as far as AVB is concerned, this shit he's got us serving up just can't be defended any more; it simply isn't good enough. It's dull, it's ineffective and the players look both lost and demotivated. He may be a highly intelligent continental coach, but he's also looking far from a competent manager.

What a pile of shite. You'd be happy in North Korea where everyone is forced to praise the leaders, wave flags, smile and pretend that everything is rosy. The whole idea that any form of criticism belongs elsewhere is total crap. This is a fans' forum; it's exactly the place to discuss what's going well and what isn't. If you can't deal with criticism and debate, then maybe you should go somewhere else.

And by the way, AVB looked totally shell-shocked yesterday. He looked as lost as the players. He's had 18 months in charge, two full pre-seasons, 3 transfer windows and we're still a fucking mess. We've got to back him this season because of the investment, but nobody can try and pretend that we're not looking a bit of a shambles right now.
Its the entrenched negativity by a few people that is not appriciated, I have no problem with a diversion of views being expressed on any forum, except North Korea's that is!! I can deal with whatever "pile of shite" you want to throw. Read what I posted and try and use your intellect to anaylise a bit better rather than apply broad sweeping interpretations on things. I think we all want the same result dont we.?

"The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."

man shity used style and a flourish to rip us a new asshole

but they acquired it by spending about a billion quid

do you think Danny Blanchflower had any idea of how fucked the game would be these days when he said that?

AVB, The Players, best group possible we have ever had will succeed this season with CL qualification. No question! Lesson have and will be learned. The players we have, have character and pride! They all held their
hands up. Regardless of anything we are sitting 2 points behind City. 9 points we will see from Utd, Fulham and
Liverpool. Each being a up tempo convincing wins! Then we will all love him again! He needs and wants to get this right. And He will!

:avblol:

Thats why it was highlighted even more when Dembele came on he seemed to get some sort of control in the midfield and was made to look great compared to what was before him by doing some actual forward passes out wide and in middle

Dembele was a revelation after Paulinho's horror show

Back
Top Bottom