Man City (A) - The Adebayor Derby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Im tiring? Yet you quote me out of the blue and strike up a conversation?

You can back him, I dont care, but Im sick of people saying "he's the manager so I'll back him"

If you did the same under Gross, Graham, Hoddle, Ramos and Redknapp then fine.....if you lost faith in one or all of the above, then stop being so god damn fucking holy about other people losing faith in AVB.

What's the alternative?

Sit behind a screen and cunt off the team you're supposed to support?

You carry on.

Or may be I didn't have my anti-AVB specs on. What is your assessment of those 12 odd games?
ahh maybe you had your 'AVB can do no wrong' specs on instead?

I'm not gonna go through all those games and rate them but there's only been 2 or 3 games I've been impressed with. Like I said in that AVB out thread, I don't want him gone, I want him to stop being stubborn and change it up. If he doesn't change it up soon, then he'll get what's coming to him imo

u thinking a triangle of
dembele
holtby sandro
??
or u recon we should change the formation?

personally dont hink dembele scores enough or assists enough to be good there ether..

think we may have to go 4-4-1-1

with ade and soldado..

sandro and dembele in the middle, lamela on the right, townsend on the left..

Maybe at home we can even go 4-1-3-2 like city

Nowadays ... I just have no idea - my head hurts.
We need an ... epiphany.

What's the alternative?

Sit behind a screen and cunt off the team you're supposed to support?

You carry on.

Again mate, you are confusing AVB with THFC.

I can support the team, yet want the manager to change things drastically. I dont believe he will....therefore I want him gone now.

As I said, did you 100% support Gross, Graham or Ramos? Did you want them to change, or eventually want them replaced? If so did you still support Spurs during this time?

You said yourself that at this time "AVB is Tottenham".

Thats the real problem here, and if you truely believe that, you've got some real nerve talking to me about supporting the CLUB, when you are of the opinion that a man that has been here for 18 months is equal to our crest and our history.

Again mate, you are confusing AVB with THFC.

I can support the team, yet want the manager to change things drastically. I dont believe he will....therefore I want him gone now.

As I said, did you 100% support Gross, Graham or Ramos? Did you want them to change, or eventually want them replaced? If so did you still support Spurs during this time?

You said yourself that at this time "AVB is Tottenham".

Thats the real problem here, and if you truely believe that, you've got some real nerve talking to me about supporting the CLUB, when you are of the opinion that a man that has been here for 18 months is equal to our crest and our history.
I thought you'd like to know that this is the second time you have infuriated me by talking sense amongst your otherwise ridiculous ramblings.

- Palace - we dominated / deserved to win, imv
- Swansea - decent performance
- Cardiff - dominated, deserved to win
- Chelsea - game of 2 halves - could have nicked in the end
- Newcastle - 31 record shots (in the history of hte fucking PL!) - dominated throughout, unlicky to lose
- Everton - decent tactial performance to prevent them from scoring - they're a good side and Top 4 contender
- Woolwich - unlucky not to score against a very strong team
- Hull - average
- Villa - dominated
- Norwich - dominated
- West Ham - shite
- City - shite

So, all in all - hasn't been all that 'shit' has it?

- Palace - Dodgy penalty - 17 shots, 2 on target
- Swansea - dodgy penalty - 7 shots the whole game at home
- Cardiff - 29 shots - 12 on target - 93rd minute winner
- Chelsea - game of 2 halves - Agree
- Newcastle - 31 record shots - 8 on target - 0 goals - played like shit
- Everton - Huff puff started well but failed to score any of our 16 shots (of which 6 were on target)
- Woolwich - Tactically destroyed
- Hull - Shit. Dodgy penalty - 11 shots - 2 on target
- Villa - dominated - Agree. One of two decent performances this season
- Norwich - dominated - Agreed...the other
- West Ham - Shit
- City - Beyond doubt the worst performance in 20 odd years

So yes....its been shit, especially when you add the fact that Soldado has had about 8 shots on target all season due to our set up.

So are we just going to change the thread title to whoever the new manager is on his first day in the job? Would save a lot of hassle wouldn't it?

ahh maybe you had your 'AVB can do no wrong' specs on instead?

I'm not gonna go through all those games and rate them but there's only been 2 or 3 games I've been impressed with. Like I said in that AVB out thread, I don't want him gone, I want him to stop being stubborn and change it up. If he doesn't change it up soon, then he'll get what's coming to him imo
You cannot assume that it is AVB being stubborn!

what is it then? I genuinely can't think of anything else

Its better he is stubborn.....otherwise he's just fairly shit at his job.

I think he's stubborn, and this is the only system he knows....so why did he buy players that he feels the need to play out of position to make it work, and it still doesnt work.

That or he's a stand up guy who got fucked by our DoF and is keeping it in house, unlike Gus Poyet

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom