Man Citeh (Away)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

why don't you go and fuck yourself? Or are you really god, and you are allowed by divine right to tell other people how to behave on internet message boards?
The reason this sort of thing escalates and gets out of hand, is because people make inflammatory comments...........err, like the one you just made.

Go stick your dick in a mincer - either type will do.
watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

Right back at you

never ceases to amaze me that people who support the same club, get so fucked off at one another on the internet. If we all met in the Bell and Hare, we'd all get on like a house on fire, even if we disagreed - because we all share the same passion.

(you lot do like backscuttling women dressed as nuns whilst kitted out in a frogmans suit filled with astroglide and rice crispies.........am I right?)

It's a fucking warped image, yet spot on... how did you know...? Are we good or what here?

never ceases to amaze me that people who support the same club, get so fucked off at one another on the internet. If we all met in the Bell and Hare, we'd all get on like a house on fire, even if we disagreed - because we all share the same passion.
Anyone who takes things too seriously on the internet does indeed need to get a life.But here I am forced to wonder why you keep replying and keep throwing around insults if to you this is all meaningless and silly?

I think what is most annoying here is that Tucker Tucker and Tommy Harmer Tommy Harmer were on the brink of a good discussion...but then it all got a bit silly.

To be fair, you're both clearly intelligent fellas, you both make well articulated, valid points and share a love for Spurs...so where the fuck did it all go wrong?!!

Actually, don't answer that. :D

Anyone who takes things too seriously on the internet does indeed need to get a life.But here I am forced to wonder why you keep replying and keep throwing around insults if to you this is all meaningless and silly?
errm, because I have the time at my disposal - and I'm not throwing insults, just answering daft remarks with the same level of response, were you actually under the impression that I was serious?

Making threats and shouting insults on the internet is as big a waste of time as frogmen having a farting contest

errm, because I have the time at my disposal - and I'm not throwing insults, just answering daft remarks with the same level of response, were you actually under the impression that I was serious?

Making threats and shouting insults on the internet is as big a waste of time as frogmen having a farting contest
If insults are a big waste of time and you have minutes at your disposal why not start a new thread on a topic for constructive debate? Or how about drafting up and article and emailing it to the lads at TFC?

Otherwise your are operating under one of the most obvious contradictions you possibly can.

My spidey senses tell me some shit was being stirred here. Saved me a job I suppose. :baletroll:

Maybe that's why he didn't play........he couldn't decide which one to wear

We are through the looking glass now! this is why he never plays, he is too busy poncing around getting dressed.

AVB: "Is Hugo ready?" :avbcringe:

Billy G: "No he's still in his pants" :gallas:

AVB: "Fuck it, BRAD get warmed up" :avbshock:

If insults are a big waste of time and you have minutes at your disposal why not start a new thread on a topic for constructive debate? Or how about drafting up and article and emailing it to the lads at TFC?

Otherwise your are operating under one of the most obvious contradictions you possibly can.

If you are that keen, why don't you do it?
I don't do the "you know fuck all, you're a cunt" style of insults. But if pushed I will tell posters what I think of them, and its quite possible that they won't like what they are being told.

As for the last few posts, as I said, I simply joined in with what I saw as being a round of banter. When I have something to say, its quite clear and unequivocal.

I don't see that you are someone who struggles to understand what is being said, or gets overly confused with the messages in the posts I have made. To ensure there is no confusion, my approach is fairly simple. I'll happily discuss topics (that I feel strongly enough to participate in) in a polite and pleasant manner, I try to remain light hearted, and attempt levity where I see it being appropriate. If I get back the kind of insults I was getting from Tucker, I will stand my ground, but attempt to do so without the "you know fuck all, you're a cunt" approach.
If things don't chill out and become less heated I'll tell the poster that I want to back away, some folk just keep going though. Tucker started to be reasonable, so I started to reply and answer his points, and will continue to do so as long as we can discuss things reasonably and we both feel the conversation or discussion has come to a conclusion.

I can't see why that approach should be an issue, do you? As I said to him, why does an exchange of views have to be a matter of defeating the person you discuss issues with, why can't we exchange views, agree or disagree without the obscenities, or a testosterone fuelled slanging match over who's opinion is the most right?

The daft part for me was that I didn't particularly have any issues with the majority of the things he said, certainly not to "fight to the death" levels - only with his insults and hostility, coupled with his straw man argumentation technique.

I hope that answers the points you raised. Not that I believe for a minute you thought any of them would be taken up.

Back
Top Bottom