Lyon v Tottenham 2nd Leg!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

All the build up to inter will be about how they will prepare for Gareth bale and countless replays if him raping them.

Would be hilarious if AVB mindfucked them by leaving him on the bench.

(we'd lose though)

As for those legendery Euopean nights at Anfiled -
:chicco:

I'm surprised ITV haven't ordered a National day of mourning now that their beloved Liverpool are out! ,...I fully expect a Europa League blackout now, no more European games will be shown on ITV this season, out of respect to the pretentious banner waving, scarf wearing Liverpool fans who are missing out on their famous flag-nights now!

You really did get the feeling that OUR game last night was an inconvenience to ITV, as it prevented them broadcasting a full 2hour build up of the Liverpool match..,,
jeez, they even cut to Anfield halfway thorough our game cos a BUS was arriving, and they were scared they might miss Stevie Gerrard adjusting his tie!!

Imagine if we'd have scored during that? There would've been carnage!

Anyone else thinks that Dembele's poor run of form recently is due to the fact that Holtby demands more of the ball and Moose had to adapt to that , oh and not having the beast himself next to him means he needs to do a lot more challenging and running around. Don't get me wrong , i think Holtby is a very good addition to the team.

KOL-logopsd.jpg

Still buzzing now...amazing what a last minute goal does for you!

Some big results away from ours last night, namely Athletico Madrid going out. Beat Inter and it might just start to open up for us.

Now, what is there to do in Amsterdam..........???

i'm quite worried that bale is only 1 yellow again from a european suspension. hopefully we can smash inter about 4 - 0 at the lane and bale can get himself booked in the 93rd minute

Anyone else thinks that Dembele's poor run of form recently is due to the fact that Holtby demands more of the ball and Moose had to adapt to that , oh and not having the beast himself next to him means he needs to do a lot more challenging and running around. Don't get me wrong , i think Holtby is a very good addition to the team.
Not really. Whilst I applaud both Parker and Dembele for trying to make positive, probing passes last night, they were shockingly loose in possession for much of the game last night... Nobody to put that on but yourself.

I actually like that Holtby is constantly moving into space for people, one of our problems last season was the ball carrier only having one, maybe two options. Dembele and Holtby both like to show for the ball, instead of leaving the player on the ball to create the passing angle... That can only be a help to whoever is in midfield.

I agree that the dynamic between him and Parker is different to him and Sandro... But all in all, I just think he is a little off his earlier form.

Holtby looks a little lost at the moment... But then who wouldn't be when the striker you're trying to provide does so little. Honestly, Ade has been back from injury long enough now, I'm getting pretty bored of seeing every pass into his feet go two foot upwards or away from him.

All in all, it was so compressed in the midfield last night, I don't think it's much of a game to try and judge or be critical of. My one major gripe was that, if Lyon were going to put up the wall, I thought Bale, BAE, Walker and Lennon should have just kept hitting the byline and pulling corners until we scored. Lyon were pretty deep, sure, but they were pretty narrow too. If we're struggling to get a shot off, we might as well carve out set pieces for ourselves.

I'm with WookieD WookieD on this. You get the feeling Defoe would be slaughtered for such feeble performances. Adebayor's touch was decidedly Pav-esque last night. Other than his pass for Bale, he didn't make a huge difference to the game, and we simply can't survive with passengers at the moment.

In all honesty I think it's just down to Scott Parker. Their 'partnership' in the middle is the least inspiring one going.

So..we scored, I strangely took ALL my clothes off and ran into my garden..stood barefoot in dog shit. It was worth it though. And that was one of my favourite moments supporting this club!

I thinks its more to do with his midfield partner. Parker is playing poorly, he's missing a lot of easy passes and just looks fucked now. Sandro on the other hand is a BEAST next to Dembele and just gives Mousa more freedom in midfield.

I'm worried about Parker in midfield with the run in we've got.

Egg_Cup Egg_Cup care to tell me why you disliked this, by telling me when he had a good game since his return from injury? because I missed it if he did.
He's had plenty of good games in my opinion, kept the midfield ticking over while at the same time screening in front of the back four. I thought Sandro would be a massive loss but Scotty has steadied the ship in his absence.

He's had plenty of good games in my opinion, kept the midfield ticking over while at the same time screening in front of the back four. I thought Sandro would be a massive loss but Scotty has steadied the ship in his absence.

Have to completely disagree, he's been very poor imo, not even a shadow of the player we saw last season. The amount he is giving the ball away is obscene and he isn't showing the terrier quality that made him player of the season. I'm beginning to think that his last injury may be the one that's done for him, but I hope he can turn it around this season because we need him to

Dembele has been poor in recent games but I'm also still remembering he is carrying an injury to his hip that I doubt will get sorted until end of the season.
As for parker last year he was feeding modric dembele is a totally different type of player so think that part of the issue they are not firing together.

Nothing to do with Holtby, the issue is that he's playing alongside Parker rather than Sandro.

Nothing to do with Holtby, the issue is that he's playing alongside Parker rather than Sandro.

Or the fact that his hip is in constant pain.....

I just hope his dedication to playing for the team won't cause additional harm. I will make a sigh of relief when the season ends so he can go and get his treatment.

Was my first European away game and what an experience (in spite of some over zealous lyonnaise policing - which I'm told is par for te course in Europe).
Won't go over match thoughts as these have been done to death other than to say there was a neutral there with me who hasn't watched any spurs this season and he couldn't understand how Parker was so highly rated given he felt he was our weakest link!!

Anyway, does anyone know whether Fulham at home is being rearranged due to Inter away the previous Thursday???

Back
Top Bottom