Luka

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm confused. Didn't read the linked article before, just figured it was him saying he's now happy at Spurs. I'm past paying too much attention to what he says. But having seen this quote in the Guardian just now:

"I would always say that, theoretically, there is a small chance I could leave, if the club receive a suitable offer and it's one I wouldn't want to turn down, but the reality is that I expect to stay at Spurs until June, and then we will see."

Did this quote come from the article in the Croatian press? Doesn't sound much like he's saying he wants to stay at Tottenham to me.

The Guardian went with "Tottenham's Luka Modric admits a move to Chelsea 'is possible'" (I think I remember it being something like, "Modric puts Man U and Chelsea on red alert" originally), while the Evening Standard went with "Modric: I won't leave in January".

He isn't going to leave in January. That won't stop there being thousands of column inches in the press about it from now until Jan 31st though.

A prevalent explanation is that Judas betrayed Jesus for 30 pieces of silver (Matthew 26:14-16)

I hope we get 50 pieces of silver and hope that it is summer 2013. He won't be a Spurs player in 3 years.

Bah humbug.

cutlass said:
Sell him abroad. Never to domestic rivals (& they are all rivals, at this stage). Especially not Chelsea.

Chelsea are our rivals? We're not still vying for Europa spots are we? I thought we were aiming higher than that.

Back to Modric and the press... It is really f*cking me off how much the media are beating on about him leaving. Even the BBC, not usually prone to so much speculation, have mentioned the possibility of Modric moving to both Man Utd and Europa Cup hopefuls Chelsea in this article here.

We're above Chelsea by a fair margin and within touching distance of the top of the table, yet I don't see the BBC speculating that Rooney or Sturridge would bolster Spurs's attacking prowess. No, only Spurs players move to rival, or in Chelsea's case, inferior clubs.

The thing that hacks me off the most is that both Woolwich and Liverpool have proven over the last two years that they are much more selling clubs than Spurs, especially in Woolwich's case, yet I am not reading about Van Rapist going to Chelsea or Song filling in the gaping hole in Manure's central midfield.

Despite us clearly being a top three club, the so-called 'top four' prejudices still remain as far as the media is concerned. I blame anti-semitism.

Back
Top Bottom