Luis Nani anyone?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You dont think his contributions by comparison to Ronaldo are significant? I think they show a VERY productive player in this league.

He would strengthen the squad, without question - and while I admire people supporting Townsend there really is no comparison.

Id have him in like a shot. Others wouldnt, such is life.

Andros-Townsend-008.jpg

You dont think his contributions by comparison to Ronaldo are significant? I think they show a VERY productive player in this league.

Problem with stats is just that. They can make Nani look as good as Ronaldo. Its facts without context.

If Nani has 100 assists a season, from fumbled toe-pokes into the box it still doesnt mean he can cross the ball well.

Not saying thats the case, but you get my drift. And Townsend will never come through if we keep sending him out on loan. Imagine if we replaced Bale back in the day...?

I think we are buliding the right way, and imo, Nani is not the way to go. But like you say, c'est la vie.

Last edited:
Im well aware of how Nani plays, and am certain the stats are indicative of performance.

Id like Townsend to be a roaring success as much as anyone, but right now Im far from happy to hang my opes on him for this season.

Nani can be sensational, that much is true. But this happens very rarely from what I've seen. Unfortunately, he seems unable to be consistently good, he's either a world beater or a petulant disaster.

I personally think he's a cunt because of the Gomes incident and I wouldn't want a "sportsman" like that anywhere near our club.

I also believe, like other posters in this thread, that we have enough players close enough to his quality to not be bothered about him.

I'm saying he's worth more then 10m and people acting snooty towards him have been spoilt because of some of the players we've been chasing, he's like Lennon but a lot better with more to his game.

Not being snooty at all. I dont rate him as highly as some others, and think he's a cheating diving cunt with no dignity. I wouldnt want Modric back here, it doesnt mean I think we are too good for him.

Skill doesnt trump everything in my opinion, and I would rather go with Chadli, Townsend and if Bale goes, sign Eriksson or Willian IF still possible.

And seeing as AVB, Baldini and Levy have expressed zero interest in Nani.....ever......then what exactly is your point? They are being snotty about our level too?

Back
Top Bottom