Lucas Moura

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He played like someone who was on strike last night. He was exceptionally dozy and lazy. Lazy and dozy in his pressing. And downright dozy and perhaps lazy in his off-the-ball movement. Picked up on Alli bollocking him for not bothering his arse to make a run in the box in the 34th minute. He is such a dim-witted player.

He played like someone who was on strike last night. He was exceptionally dozy and lazy. Lazy and dozy in his pressing. And downright dozy and perhaps lazy in his off-the-ball movement. Picked up on Alli bollocking him for not bothering his arse to make a run in the box in the 34th minute. He is such a dim-witted player.
Yup, expecting him to do anything defensively minded is asking the improbable. I personally think he's an impact sub. Someone to bring on in the last 20 minutes if you're chasing a game. To run at and bamboozle a potentially tiring defence. Not sure how long you can motivate someone being used in that way long term though. He just doesn't seem to cut it generally in games he starts.

Might as well sell him in the summer and sign Ryan Fraser - 15 assists last season - on a free. :troll:

The only position I can see working for Moura is just off the striker in a little and big partnership. Two of the three goals against Ajax personified what he’s good at and that is latching on to through balls and speeding away.

I think he has a very narrow skill set and he gets pushed off the ball very easily. All he wants to do is take that ball and run with it. A team could setup to play with him and he could be a decent finisher but Kane (and now Delli) are better all rounders so that will never happen. He is an impact sub, pure and simple. I want to keep him at the club but he should be brought at the 70+ min mark when the other team is tiring and we’re scrambling for a goal.

Shouldn't be starting. We need someone that picks their head up and is creative with the ball. Lucas has one skill. Slalom running with the ball. Unfortunately we don't need that. We need Lo Celso or Lamela out there putting in through balls. Playing 1-2s. And actually playing some defence.

Shouldn't be starting. We need someone that picks their head up and is creative with the ball. Lucas has one skill. Slalom running with the ball. Unfortunately we don't need that. We need Lo Celso or Lamela out there putting in through balls. Playing 1-2s. And actually playing some defence.

yeh he has not been great. I am confused with Lo Celso, he has the Lamela style aggression in defence and is very creative going forward, I thought when Mourinho got the job Lo Celso would be a big beneficiary, he seems like the Mourinho type player.

I wouldn’t even want him to be subbed on with the way he played against United. Breaking our attacks, bad passes everywhere, and simply lazy to run.

That young kid of his is probably teething, give the guy a break.....🤗

He’s out of form in my opinion but I feel this wave of criticism is a bit undeserved considering it came after the Man Utd game when everyone was awful.
Let’s not forget that he’s been used mostly out of position last season and still scored some important goals - Barcelona away, Man Utd away and obviously the big one in Amsterdam.

He’s out of form in my opinion but I feel this wave of criticism is a bit undeserved considering it came after the Man Utd game when everyone was awful.
Let’s not forget that he’s been used mostly out of position last season and still scored some important goals - Barcelona away, Man Utd away and obviously the big one in Amsterdam.

He's come out and said he's a winger or a wide man yet absolutely cannot play as one.

He can't cross or pass particularly well and tends to get lost in the game. His best games have come as a centre forward and even then I feel like he hinders those around him by just getting in the way. Because it means Kane has to drop deep and Lucas is no Sterling.

So I'm not really sure what his position is - and that's why he shouldn't be starting ever. Unless we are rotating for cup games etc. - a great impact sub though due to his pace.

Back
Top Bottom