Lucas Moura

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In his last 2 seasons with PSG he got 10 and 5 assists, he was an out and out winger with decent crossing accuracy. He has it in him, but his game seems to have regressed since joining us, become more simplistic.

Maybe he's not cut out to be this 2nd striker that a diamond demands of him then.

It's too congested for him centrally in most games (particularly as part of a 2 with a CAM close behind them). I see little diff. between him and Son aside from the fact that Son has had longer (and more games) to establish himself and has spent much of it actually being able to attack from a wide positions.

For me he's a WF in a 4231 or 433 all day long.

Last edited:
He should be starting every game. He gives 100%, yes he can be inconsistent but at least he is committed long term unlike others and to see Eriksen in there ahead of him is just baffling. This is why Poch is losing respect in the dressing room and amongst fans.

He should be starting every game. He gives 100%, yes he can be inconsistent but at least he is committed long term unlike others and to see Eriksen in there ahead of him is just baffling. This is why Poch is losing respect in the dressing room and amongst fans.
Him and Eriksen play different positions. He and Son play the same role and he's just not as good as Son. Playing all 3 creates a deficiency elsewhere, unless we play a more traditional 4-3-3.

Him and Eriksen play different positions. He and Son play the same role and he's just not as good as Son. Playing all 3 creates a deficiency elsewhere, unless we play a more traditional 4-3-3.

I know they play in different positions, but we can play a differently

Sissoko Winks
Moura Ndombele Son
Kane
I wouldn't have Sissoko there but our central mid options are horrendous. Again, shocking from Poch that he didn't identify and bring in a proper defensive mid in the summer.

That reminds me, a little bit, of the story told by Jimmy Greaves when he was at Chelski.

He was an England U21 but was dropped for a match, in which Chelski got battered.

Ted Drake turned on the team in the dressing room and tore strips off each and every one of them.
Jimmy was thinking "Thank fuck I wasn't involved in that shit show" (paraphrasing) when Drake turned to him and said;

"AS FOR YOU MR FUCKING ENGLAND U21, YOU CAN'T EVEN GET IN THIS FUCKING TEAM"

This guy was signed in January 2018. He was our early summer signing in the window "we signed no one waaahhhhhhh"

During said window, most cunts on here were crying about how they wanted Zaha and Martial.

They didnt give a FUCK about Moura.

Some of us were saying things like this about him back in January

Demand signings, get a guy with undoubted ability who’s got more goals than Dele and Eriksen in about 15 less games, then want to fuck him off for some kid who will take about 4 years to reach his potential, IF he ever does.

Never heard so much bollocks in my life as Sessengon is better than Moura

and getting slated for it.

Every time he comes in, he gives 1000% and more often than not causes a threat and produces.
And every week he ends up on the bench, and people are backing that decision while cry wanking for a manager who has been let down by players who dont give a fuck about playing for him.

Sometimes I think some of our fans deserve the fucking shit this club throws at them.

Well, generally I am not the biggest fan of Moura as I don't think that he is diverse / complete footballer enough to be consistent starter for us.

But in our current situation, when we have issues with commitment from players I think Moura would be exactly what we could use. He always seems to be fighting for the badge.

Yet he barely plays for us now...

So generally we have some players who do not seem to be commited, and they play.
And we have Moura who seems to be very commited, and he sits.

I don't get it.

I think it's time to start him, even if he comes off after an hour. He's such a nice bloke and he always puts a shift in so give him a chance to show what he can do.

Ridiculous situation to which the guy has responded with a totally positive attitude off and on the pitch.
The Liverpool game and not starting must have confirmed his concerns though and I would be handing in a transfer request first thing this morning.
Poch has insulted him enough, time to make a stand. Such a shame and yet another player wasted due to some quirk of the manager.

Back
Top Bottom