Lucas Moura

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They are both the same height (1.7m) and build....but it's the manner in which Lucas puts himself about that puts me in mind of Defoe. Very similar style in my view.

I can see where you are coming from! There is some truth to it!

But I would not be quite as harsh. Because let's face it - we liked Defoe, quite a good servant to the team. But at the same time when we look at where we have come to... he wouldn't really cut it in current Spurs team. Well, mainly ofc because of Kane. He could be like Llorenteesque player from the bench if other options are used, but not much more.

I think Moura has pace on his side, he works quite hard on the field (tracking back) and i HOPE that his decision making / reaction speed could be coached bit better :) . I mean the tecnique and abiltiy should be there - he is Brazilian still :D

I can see where you are coming from! There is some truth to it!

But I would not be quite as harsh. Because let's face it - we liked Defoe, quite a good servant to the team. But at the same time when we look at where we have come to... he wouldn't really cut it in current Spurs team. Well, mainly ofc because of Kane. He could be like Llorenteesque player from the bench if other options are used, but not much more.

I think Moura has pace on his side, he works quite hard on the field (tracking back) and i HOPE that his decision making / reaction speed could be coached bit better :) . I mean the tecnique and abiltiy should be there - he is Brazilian still :D
I was not being in any way critical. I liked Defoe very much and as you say, a good servant to the club.

If you can find me a single clip of Son / Moura delivering a decent cross I'd be surprised. Their instinct is to cut inside and every defender knows this. The threat comes in the over lapping runs from out full backs who get space since defenders are covering the cut inside from Lucas / Son.

Our issue is that the players in our squad to make those runs are bobbins at crossing too!!! Rose, KWP, Sissoko, Davis. No threat. That is why Trippier worked so well for a couple of seasons. Once teams got wise to the threat they worked out his style and were able to stop him.

True, but are Sane and Salah good at crossing? What makes them special is pace.

You’re right that we don’t have good fullbacks for this. That’s what makes Pool so good - they support their wings with great FB.

source.gif

Absolutely behind you 100%. When you are playing second fiddle to Kane then chances of playing are limited. With the team 4-0 up and Harry just back from England duty the second half was an ideal opportunity for Lucas to stretch his legs and maybe grab a goal. To put him on with 5 minutes left was nothing short of a fucking insult.

I love Moura but we were so in control today that I don't think we needed him. First half masterclass then cantering around saving energy in the second. He'll get his chance soon enough and no doubt cause the opposition all kinds of grief.

I love Moura but we were so in control today that I don't think we needed him. First half masterclass then cantering around saving energy in the second. He'll get his chance soon enough and no doubt cause the opposition all kinds of grief.
That’s the whole reason to bring him on. We were in total control.

Shouldn’t this be on the Moura thread though ?

It’s like politics threads

Loads of them springing up

Back
Top Bottom