Lucas Moura

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Great read, I do think he has played better in Champions League and deserves a starting spot. He is full of confidence and his energy will be sky high for the final. After reading his quotes it would also be tragic if he didn’t feature.

Great read, I do think he has played better in Champions League and deserves a starting spot. He is full of confidence and his energy will be sky high for the final. After reading his quotes it would also be tragic if he didn’t feature.
Honestly doesn't both me who starts and who doesn't, we are in the final and almost every player in our squad has played a part in us getting there. I think it's a waste of energy worrying about the selection, this season more than any other (what with injuries, International Tournaments, form & suspensions) has meant we've been compromised with selections, yet here we are.

"Of course I was upset, I wanted to be starting the game. But I was even more upset about losing, right? I really believed in our win, winning this title. Really believed that we'd be able to be the champions. And dude, it was hard. I cried a lot after the game, we were so close. But if I was a starter... I can't really tell if we would have won or not, what would have happened. That's hard to answer."

Then the interviewer jokes that he should have answered that he would have scored three goals again and would have won the title for Poch. To which Lucas says:

"It's how managers think, right? No one really understands them and we should just respect them and accept it."

Then the interviewer asks whether Poch talked to him at all about not playing him as a starter and his reasonings, and Lucas says:

"No, he didn't say anything to me. Just showed us the starting roster and that's it."

The interviewer says that maybe in these situations it wouldn't hurt if the manager actually approached the player and talked to him about it. Maybe it would lighten the mood. And Lucas says:

"Yeah, everyone has his own style. Some are tougher, some talk to you more. Poch in this situation didn't say anything. He doesn't really have to do it, but it could have been better, right? He didn't talk to me, whatever."

Regarding VVD, the interviewer asks if he's the real deal and Lucas says:

"Yeah, he's really good. He's 2 meters tall, strong and Liverpool's team is really good. He had a really good season, was chosen as the best in the league."

Then the interviewer asks about that stat that people can't dribble VVD. Lucas says:

"Dude, I don't really know about that one. To say that he hasn't been dribbled in what, months? I mean, if a player just gets past him, he's already dribbling him right? I'm not sure whether I've gotten past him, but I think maybe some people have right? I know that I've scored a goal against Liverpool. We lost, but I scored and I got past him. But he's a beast."

The interviewer asks "Is he really the best in the world? Best CB in the world like everyone says?"

"Well, best in the world... There are a lot of people, but going by the season he had he's for sure top 3"

"Of course I was upset, I wanted to be starting the game. But I was even more upset about losing, right? I really believed in our win, winning this title. Really believed that we'd be able to be the champions. And dude, it was hard. I cried a lot after the game, we were so close. But if I was a starter... I can't really tell if we would have won or not, what would have happened. That's hard to answer."

Then the interviewer jokes that he should have answered that he would have scored three goals again and would have won the title for Poch. To which Lucas says:

"It's how managers think, right? No one really understands them and we should just respect them and accept it."

Then the interviewer asks whether Poch talked to him at all about not playing him as a starter and his reasonings, and Lucas says:

"No, he didn't say anything to me. Just showed us the starting roster and that's it."

The interviewer says that maybe in these situations it wouldn't hurt if the manager actually approached the player and talked to him about it. Maybe it would lighten the mood. And Lucas says:

"Yeah, everyone has his own style. Some are tougher, some talk to you more. Poch in this situation didn't say anything. He doesn't really have to do it, but it could have been better, right? He didn't talk to me, whatever."

Regarding VVD, the interviewer asks if he's the real deal and Lucas says:

"Yeah, he's really good. He's 2 meters tall, strong and Liverpool's team is really good. He had a really good season, was chosen as the best in the league."

Then the interviewer asks about that stat that people can't dribble VVD. Lucas says:

"Dude, I don't really know about that one. To say that he hasn't been dribbled in what, months? I mean, if a player just gets past him, he's already dribbling him right? I'm not sure whether I've gotten past him, but I think maybe some people have right? I know that I've scored a goal against Liverpool. We lost, but I scored and I got past him. But he's a beast."

The interviewer asks "Is he really the best in the world? Best CB in the world like everyone says?"

"Well, best in the world... There are a lot of people, but going by the season he had he's for sure top 3"

There is no doubt that it sucked for him not to start but at least he respects Poch and his decisions on the lineup he chose. Although it sounds poor on the face of it, Poch can't just have a conversation with everyone who didn't start and discuss the reasons why. I am looking forward to next season for Lucas because he could be immense for us.

There is no doubt that it sucked for him not to start but at least he respects Poch and his decisions on the lineup he chose. Although it sounds poor on the face of it, Poch can't just have a conversation with everyone who didn't start and discuss the reasons why. I am looking forward to next season for Lucas because he could be immense for us.

I am not saying Moura starting would have won us the game but it was a shocking decision by Pochettino not to find a starting place for him.

Poor mamagement for me.

I think this guy is gonna have an unreal season. He's really settled with us now! I think he can get 15/20 league goal this year

It will be interesting to see if he can get into the starting XI, based on last season and what we saw in the first pre season game, the 442 diamond is here to stay. He will have to displace either Kane or Son to start matches in that system.

It will be interesting to see if he can get into the starting XI, based on last season and what we saw in the first pre season game, the 442 diamond is here to stay. He will have to displace either Kane or Son to start matches in that system.

One thing Poch seems to be changing (imo) is using subs earlier or changing things up at half time. I'm all about running them ragged for 60 mins and bringing on a super sub with fresh legs to fuck shit up. Which I believe is the technical term.

Being a slab headed defender and watching the sub limbering up on the sideline next to the 4th official would be a shitfight. It wouldn't matter if it were Son, Lucas or Kane.

The days of a first 11 are over. As last season showed us we need depth.

Poch can't just have a conversation with everyone who didn't start and discuss the reasons why.

Why not? It would've killed him to have a 5 minute conversation with each of the people who didn't start the biggest game in the history of Tottenham football? And realistically, there were only a handful of people that probably thought they might have started but weren't selected. He couldn't take 30 minutes total to talk to those people and explain his reasoning? Seems

Really hope he gets game time next season he’s waited been no fuss with him and the CL final was shabby the way it worked out he deserved to start that game!

Back
Top Bottom