Lucas Moura

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Really ?
I mean he's great at pressing higher up the pitch, but IMO doesn't like tracking back.
I can only assume that Poch wants him higher up the pitch using his pace etc.

This season he has tracked properly

Made a key header in the box to defend vs a counter attack recently, the clip was great.

I think both Lucas and Son are relatively poor defensively (one of the main reasons I would never start both) but in a 433 it's not entirely important

Lucas is a fantastic player and clearly has the ability to turn a game. However, he’s a few years behind Sonny and Lamela in terms of PL experience and it shows. He’ll keep improving but he’s not got the astuteness or awareness to consistently compete with the others at the moment, in my opinion. It sounds harsh, but he’s an off the bench luxury option until he fully gets to grips with the league.

Lucas comes alive when he gets the ball. He's an old school winger. His dribbling is unbelievable. Once he gets fully adept at the off the ball movement and connects with the others he'll be electric.

Sonny is a different kind of wide man. He is the perfect archetype for a modern forward with his speed and movement. He can use both feet to dribble and shoot, he is a great in and around the box. He is a livewire and has a special spark of individualism in his locker.

Hopefully we get to see both of them together firing at some point. It's a great dilemma to have though to leave one out.

Lucas Moura this season - 20 games played, 6 goals 0 assists

Erik Lamela - 15 games played, 6 goals, 2 assists

Heung-Min Son - 17 games played, 4 goals, 3 assists

I said at the start of the season all three should be striving for a combined 15 goals & assists each across all competitions this season, all on track to smash that. I can't think of too many rotation players in the league that can chip in like these boys do every now and then & it wouldn't surprise me if all of them break the 20+ goal & assist barrier with 25% of the first half of the season still to play, the FA Cup games &s the European knockout games.

Definitely doing their bit as we chug on

Lucas Moura this season - 20 games played, 6 goals 0 assists

Erik Lamela - 15 games played, 6 goals, 2 assists

Heung-Min Son - 17 games played, 4 goals, 3 assists

I said at the start of the season all three should be striving for a combined 15 goals & assists each across all competitions this season, all on track to smash that. I can't think of too many rotation players in the league that can chip in like these boys do every now and then & it wouldn't surprise me if all of them break the 20+ goal & assist barrier with 25% of the first half of the season still to play, the FA Cup games &s the European knockout games.

Definitely doing their bit as we chug on
I think it's also always interesting to see the minutes played / (goals + assists), although it doesn't tell the whole story:

Lucas: 1466 / 6 = 244
Lamela: 803 / 8 = 100 (!)
Son: 1005 / 7 = 144

I think it's also always interesting to see the minutes played / (goals + assists), although it doesn't tell the whole story:

Lucas: 1466 / 6 = 244
Lamela: 803 / 8 = 100 (!)
Son: 1005 / 7 = 144

I try to lean away from stats as being absolute markers for player performance but at the business end of the pitch these guys are definitely playing a big part in how the squad does this year.

Really impressive numbers, especially from Lamela & Lucas. It'll keep others on their toes for sure

Two years ago, at Camp Nou, the improbable happened, and I came out crying from the stadium. It was practically the end of my trajectory at the PSG. Today, on the same stage, it happened again the unlikely, but today I come out crying for joy... +

It's practically the beginning of my career in Tottenham. God specializes in writing new stories. His plans are not the same as ours, and his time is the same as ours. He knows all things and has always the best for us... +

He looked so emotional after scoring. As if he was overwhelmed by the moment, and its significance in his career.

Love the guy. He’s an extraordinary talent that we’re lucky to have. Still can’t believe we actually signed him.

He looked so emotional after scoring. As if he was overwhelmed by the moment, and its significance in his career.

Love the guy. He’s an extraordinary talent that we’re lucky to have. Still can’t believe we actually signed him.

Did you see his tweet (I think) contrasting his last trip to Camp Nou with his most recent? I think he just feels like he has found somewhere he’s comfortable and happy. He obviously wasn’t at PSG. Seems to me he’s just grateful someone took the chance on him and he’s only to pleased to be able repay that faith.

Back
Top Bottom