Lucas Moura

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Am I the only one that don´t want him? I see him get a few minutes in a few games before we all start crying N`Moura

Not really knowing much about Moura, I Googled 'is Lucas Moura any good' and amongst a plethora of articles was this from The Guardian, dated September 2014. It's a worry that the negative comments that are levelled against him now (not much any product, poor crossing ability, failure to track back) are the very same criticisms that he receives in the article. I'm fairly ambivalent regarding his arrival, but hope that my misgivings are unfounded.

Lucas Moura continues to frustrate at PSG despite his ability | Igor Mladenovic

This is the bit I don’t get with Levy.
We know that this Moura chap is highly regarded but PSG want him out for FFP.
Why haggle too much over the fee? We seem to have struck up a nice “relationship” with PSG having bagged Aurier at a very reasonable price & there are probably a couple more players who are surplus to their requirements that we may want to take a look at. It really isn’t the time to be quibbling over whether it’s €22 million or €25 million imo. Different story if the valuations are poles apart, but from what I’ve read it isn’t going to be.
Just seems to me that Danny boy loves the thrill of the chase but rinsing every penny out of every deal isn’t necessarily going to do us favours if we lose targets or piss off a club that has been willing to trade reasonably with us.

Not match fit though, and Prem match fit is different to Ligue 1 (especially for PSG) match fit. Talk about thrown in the deep end. He's a definitive upgrade on GKN though and as you say should get bench minutes. But it'd be unfair to expect his performances like last season immediately for us, especially in little cameos. It's quite possible he looks well off the pace initially.

Just want to dampen the expectations initially. Especially from those who piss on the club whenever the opportunity arises.

I think Poch will be perfect for him and am excited to see what he can do next season more than this though.

Don't agree. He's being bought to make a difference this season and help make sure we're playing CL football at the new stadium, and hopefully to help us get as far as possible in this season's CL. We don't have enough forward quality outside DEKS (Dele, Eriksen, Kane and Son) and he'll give us more options. Malcom would be a signing with next season in mind and if we buy him and don't sell any of DEKS in the Summer I'm not sure Moura will still fit in. I think we bought him because he was available and it's not a massive outlay for someone who could help us secure CL football, with all that brings. And he's Brazilian so the "sell to the Chinese" option is always there. Obviously it depends on how he does but he's not a kid, he's a fully developed player so we should expect him to make an impact, especially in CL games, which he's played plenty of.

This is the bit I don’t get with Levy.
We know that this Moura chap is highly regarded but PSG want him out for FFP.
Why haggle too much over the fee? We seem to have struck up a nice “relationship” with PSG having bagged Aurier at a very reasonable price & there are probably a couple more players who are surplus to their requirements that we may want to take a look at. It really isn’t the time to be quibbling over whether it’s €22 million or €25 million imo. Different story if the valuations are poles apart, but from what I’ve read it isn’t going to be.
Just seems to me that Danny boy loves the thrill of the chase but rinsing every penny out of every deal isn’t necessarily going to do us favours if we lose targets or piss off a club that has been willing to trade reasonably with us.

PSG have to sell, they've fucked themselves - Levy will take full advantage

The guy has played 72 minutes all season.

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY

latest

Don't agree. He's being bought to make a difference this season and help make sure we're playing CL football at the new stadium, and hopefully to help us get as far as possible in this season's CL. We don't have enough forward quality outside DEKS (Dele, Eriksen, Kane and Son) and he'll give us more options. Malcom would be a signing with next season in mind and if we buy him and don't sell any of DEKS in the Summer I'm not sure Moura will still fit in. I think we bought him because he was available and it's not a massive outlay for someone who could help us secure CL football, with all that brings. And he's Brazilian so the "sell to the Chinese" option is always there. Obviously it depends on how he does but he's not a kid, he's a fully developed player so we should expect him to make an impact, especially in CL games, which he's played plenty of.
He's played 72 minutes all season. 30 in the last 3 months. He cannot be expected to hit the ground running. It would be nice and is within his capability, but should not be expected.

I'm worried to idiots who like to slam the club will get on his case immediately when they see he's rusty initially and ruin his confidence. Which is probably through the floor thanks to Emery currently anyway.

Their initial asking price was something crazy like 80m Euros
Where did you see that?
All I’ve seen is reports of between €22 million & €30 million, but seems common ground in the press they’d accept €26 million.
If we dither and someone pops in & does a Willian on us, we will look daft if it’s down to Levy trying to rinse the last penny out of a deal.

Where did you see that?
All I’ve seen is reports of between €22 million & €30 million, but seems common ground in the press they’d accept €26 million.
If we dither and someone pops in & does a Willian on us, we will look daft if it’s down to Levy trying to rinse the last penny out of a deal.

80m Euros is supposedly what they need to offset fees spent for FFP, that's the figure they were initially asking for for all of their players.

Where did you see that?

I don't think there is much dithering here. He came to view the facilities and all that yesterday. Apparently the contract is set with him for 3.5 years and they just have to agree on the fee. That seems like pretty solid business?

(Of course, I have no idea whether this is accurate...but that seems to be the word of the day!)

I don't think there is much dithering here. He came to view the facilities and all that yesterday. Apparently the contract is set with him for 3.5 years and they just have to agree on the fee. That seems like pretty solid business?

(Of course, I have no idea whether this is accurate...but that seems to be the word of the day!)
We’ve seen Levy and his definition of “agreeing a fee” though. Just seems pointless to risk losing out on a target (& keeping the goodwill going with a club who we may seek to do further business with in the near future) quibbling over the fee. Why make it drag on? If he’s the target, then pay the money & get the job done. I don’t think we’d have wasted time showing him round & agreeing personal terms if we weren’t serious or he was out of our price range from the outset. That would be a Sullivan/Gold production.
It seems the club’s aren’t Poles apart on the fee, so it shouldn’t be delayed at all.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom