Lucas Moura

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I couldn't give a rat's gash who Lucas Moura votes for, I hadn't given the matter a milisecond's thought until I saw this thread.

For all I know, Harry Kane votes Tory, it wouldn't bother me in the slightest

Allow me to represent this with a Venn diagram:

dK6ce0R.png

Why are there always ' supporters ' on here looking for shit to stir ?

I couldn't give a rat's gash who Lucas Moura votes for, I hadn't given the matter a milisecond's thought until I saw this thread.

For all I know, Harry Kane votes Tory, it wouldn't bother me in the slightest

Allow me to represent this with a Venn diagram:

dK6ce0R.png
I think we should only sign players if they have been vetted for their political beliefs. I think it would make the team play better if we did this.

Our fanbase is fucking weird.

The bin dipper's keeper Alison Becker also supports and follows Bolsonaro on instragram yet you won't here a peep from the media about that. Only when it's one of our own that it gets plastered all over the interwebs.
I'm fairness, I only saw about this because I follow Lucas on Twitter.

I'm sure the excellent British footballing press will change that if they catch wind of it.

Alt right..... some people are just Right.

No idea where this Alt comes from these days.
Is it because they don’t want to describe themselves as ‘far’ right?

"Alt"-right is simply a term invented by the leftward-centrist leaning liberals to explain a right-wing bloc in America that rejects the leadership of the typical republican-centrists. It's slowly morphed into a way to say that someone supports Hitler/Nazi's, supports white supremacy, is a conspiracy theorist, is crazy, etc. It's become a lazy man's catch-all label for anyone that disagrees with the sayer's personal politics.

Lucas may be a committed Catholic, but he is definitely not "alt-right". I'm not sure "alt-right" even has any sort of meaning at all in the context of Brazilian politics.

I don't know anything about politics there, but it's easy to get why these liberals are on his back. Don't you dare to have opinion opposit of theirs. Calling Lucas facist, scumbags. They actually believe someone who is raised as religious wanna harm other people. Fuck them all.
I understand you're defending Moura because he is Spurs, but at the end of the day the guy he is supporting wants poor people to be sterilised, gays and blacks killed etc

I understand you're defending Moura because he is Spurs, but at the end of the day the guy he is supporting wants poor people to be sterilised, gays and blacks killed etc
I'm sure there's many brits who think Katie Hopkins has a point with some of her vile comments too.
And even then that's different because we don't know the exact issues Lucas supports him on do we?
I get why people still have an issue with it in the sense that better than bad ain't good.

But you gotta break a few eggs to make an omelette.

I think it's a bit similar to Trump really.

Many people who supported him did so because they wanted the republican party without the church involved or things along those lines. Doesn't mean they endorse pussy grabbing etc.

Without proper translations and knowledge we're probably all wasting our time though.

The church is heavily involved in Trump’s campaign and presidency. His base is Evangelical Christians, most of his appointments to important positions are religious zealots who thinks Christian’s are being opposed and their policies reflect that.
He also has regular meetings with an Evangelical Advisory Board.

- The Washington Post

Anyway, I don’t want to make this thread about Trump so that is all I will post about that.

I don't know anything about politics there, but it's easy to get why these liberals are on his back. Don't you dare to have opinion opposit of theirs. Calling Lucas facist, scumbags. They actually believe someone who is raised as religious wanna harm other people. Fuck them all.
ah man, this post is so sad

Go through any of those liberals pages and see what happens when they themselves have opinions. The rightwing soldiers jump on it and calling them snowflakes, traitors, wishing them rape and death etc

This is exactly the them vs us type of reasoning that gets us nowhere, the irony is that you are doing exactly what they are doing and you dont even realise it

Stereotypes are ridiculous, from both sides of the spectrum

I think we should only sign players if they have been vetted for their political beliefs. I think it would make the team play better if we did this.

Our fanbase is fucking weird.
But you need a balanced team with right wingers, left wingers and a few centralists...not forgetting a midfield general...

Last edited:
I think at some stage and soon, we will see Moura, Kane and Son in a front 3, with Dier, maybe Winks or Wanyama and Eriksen in the middle.

It is one of the options I feel we can explore and one that gives us pace up top.

Aside from that option is one where Son is the front man with Moura or Alli just behind him in a 4-4-1-1.

"Alt"-right is simply a term invented by the leftward-centrist leaning liberals to explain a right-wing bloc in America that rejects the leadership of the typical republican-centrists. It's slowly morphed into a way to say that someone supports Hitler/Nazi's, supports white supremacy, is a conspiracy theorist, is crazy, etc. It's become a lazy man's catch-all label for anyone that disagrees with the sayer's personal politics.
This is the bloc which holds torch-light rallies to defend Confederate monuments, chanting "The Jews will not replace us!" and Nazi slogans, ramming cars into and murdering counter-protesters, and making slanderous accusations against the dead, then makes baseless accusations that their political enemies are running child sex-trafficking operations in the non-existent basement of a Washington pizzeria?

Is that the bloc you're referring to? Because that definitely happened, and our illustrious President tacitly approved of it.

"Alt"-right is simply a term invented by the leftward-centrist leaning liberals to explain a right-wing bloc in America that rejects the leadership of the typical republican-centrists. .
The term was coined by the right. And it is a euphemism for white nationalists.

But that has nothing to do with Lucas. Sorry, thread!

This is the bloc which holds torch-light rallies to defend Confederate monuments, chanting "The Jews will not replace us!" and Nazi slogans, ramming cars into and murdering counter-protesters, and making slanderous accusations against the dead, then makes baseless accusations that their political enemies are running child sex-trafficking operations in the non-existent basement of a Washington pizzeria?

Is that the bloc you're referring to? Because that definitely happened, and our illustrious President tacitly approved of it.

I think you are helping make my point- even though not every Trump voter or supporter describe themselves as "alt-right", even though these individuals may support some or none of those things you've mentioned, even though the actions you describe were only engaged in by certain individuals, it's now become a standard catch-all accusation against anyone who supports Trump generally: Trump voter/supporter = alt-right = nazi worship/white supremacy/conspiracy theorist. It's a lazy way to vilify a whole group of people who do not share the same political views as you- "Don't bother with X- they're an alt-right troll!"

There was only one instance of a car running over a counter protester. It was pretty uniformly denounced by all (sane) people involved yet you've included it as a standard feature of an entire "bloc" of people. That is the danger of broad and lazy labeling I am talking about.

The term was coined by the right. And it is a euphemism for white nationalists.

But that has nothing to do with Lucas. Sorry, thread!

Yea but it's grown way beyond that. It's taken on a life of it's own.
It's less informative a term than it is informative.

It makes me shudder to see people toss it around so casually, just as with "lefty" or "communist" or whatever other useless label they come up with.

Let's get back to Lucas though please, I agree.

Is he supporting a fascist in the same way that people who support Donald Trump are also supporting a fascist? Or is this guy literally a fascist? Genuine question.

Because according to the hard left "verified gang" on twitter, anybody who opposes their viewpoints are nazi loving homophobes and sexists who love facism and want everybody dead, this has been a trend on the left wing for quite some time now sadly, it's one of the reasons I don't consider myself on either side of the political spectrum anymore, it's become a mud flinging contest.

I think people need to get off social media and start living in the real world, it's an epidemic of hot takes on there, always someone lined up for the chopping blocks under these so called "social justice" types.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom