Lucas Moura

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fergie was desperate to sign him for United but he chose PSG. He’s very talented, but PSG have other ideas having signed M’bappe and Neymar.

It’s a good sign that he’s chose us over money at the likes of United, Liverpool and Woolwich. He’ll learn a lot through Poch, Perez and co.

On a side note, he’s not in the PSG squad for tomorrow. I must admit, I’m not sure if he’s been in the squad in recent matches.
On the bench in 6 of their last 10. Barely seen a few minutes as many have mentioned

Have we swapped 26M for the player yet?

When will we just hurry up and put 26M into PSGs account in exchange for the player?

It will nice when we give them 26M and they give us the player.

#wearenotbuyinghim
#theyarenotsellinghim
#money/playerswapsies

When will we just hurry up and put 26M into PSGs account in exchange for the player?

#wearenotbuyinghim
#theyarenotsellinghim
#money/playerswapsies
Tell me, when you go to the supermarket and buy a bottle of wine, you proceed to give the cashier a fiver and get change. are you buying a bottle of wine or swapping money for wine?

Unless there's some early Marxist analysis of money as a commodity here I can't follow what you want in this "not buying argument'.

Tell me, when you go to the supermarket and buy a bottle of wine, you proceed to give the cashier a fiver and get change. are you buying a bottle of wine or swapping money for wine?

Unless there's some early Marxist analysis of money as a commodity here I can't follow what you want in this "not buying argument'.

It's not my argument.

If people think we are not spending money, then they must think we aren't buying a player.

You can't buy without spending.

I know, they are very stupid aren't they

#wearenotbuyinghim
#theyarenotsellinghim
#money/playerswapsies

It's not my argument.

tenor.gif

It's not my argument.

If people think we are not spending money, then they must think we aren't buying a player.

You can't buy without spending.

I know, they are very stupid aren't they
Did I wake up from my power nap and this board became Oxford in the 1940's with ordinary language philosophy arguments about the meaning of "chair"?

Semantically "spending" happens anytime you buy, you are of course right. Pragmatics come into play and then when someone says "I want us to spend" he doesn't mean in the broad literal sense but rather as compared to others or something else as an implicature. most of our human communication is done through pragmatics.
Getting into a 6 hours debate on the meaning of "spend" is both futile and the most British thing possible, seriously you all just need to drop it.

Did I wake up from my power nap and this board became Oxford in the 1940's with ordinary language philosophy arguments about the meaning of "chair"?

Semantically "spending" happens anytime you buy, you are of course right. Pragmatics come into play and then when someone says "I want us to spend" he doesn't mean in the broad literal sense but rather as compared to others or something else as an implicature. most of our human communication is done through pragmatics.
Getting into a 6 hours debate on the meaning of "spend" is both futile and the most British thing possible, seriously you all just need to drop it.
But if you sell your car for 10 grand, and buy another for 10 grand your 10 grand poorer cos you just spent 10 grand. Its in the oxford dictionary.

Back
Top Bottom