Lucas Moura

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As one of his previous defenders, I have, alas, come to the conclusion that he might just be a bit shit.
Lucas is fine as a squad player, but he’s a bit limited. If we want to have a dynamic attack, it’s probably best served with him out of the team and with a replacement.
Yeah...

giphy.gif

He's proper shit...

Yeah...

giphy.gif

He's proper shit...

Likely my favourite Spurs evening ever, perhaps only equalled by Gazza's semi-final freekick. I'll always love him for this.

But he's limited John. He really can't hold the ball up or control it effectively. I think he's one of those players who's best when his instincts take over, when there's no time to think - like the Ajax evening. I'm not sure we can rely on him to take the team forward over the next two to three years.

But point taken.

And I still would have picked him for the final. Kane was crocked and maybe Lucas believed he was on a mission from God.

Anyone but me notice Lucas ends up with his ass on the ground on nearly every time he is on the ball? Usually with the opposition getting possession.
Sell
Nope but I’ve noticed him running full pelt for 93 minutes trying to make things happen while others, like Kane are “knackered” despite jogging around lightly all game and no one minds.

Nope but I’ve noticed him running full pelt for 93 minutes trying to make things happen while others, like Kane are “knackered” despite jogging around lightly all game and no one minds.

No doubt he plays hard. Between he and Lamela, there’s not many on the squad who put forth more effort, but there’s something amiss in his skill set that limits him substantially.

Alli won 5/12 ground duels yesterday. Good by his standards.
Moura won 10/18. Now that's what I call work-rate. And he is a fucking midget. So the rest have no excuses.

Winks won 3/5.
Eriksen won 1/3. (Football is a non-contact sport in Denmark, you know).

Son won 3/6.

Aurier won 1/3. Unusually low numbers for him.

Lamela won 4/12. Only played for 25 mins.
GLC won 1/4. Played for 25 mins.

Anyone but me notice Lucas ends up with his ass on the ground on nearly every time he is on the ball? Usually with the opposition getting possession.
Sell
That’s because he gets swarmed by the opposition. Think he did a good job of winning us fouls up the pitch yesterday, and offered enough to keep them honest at the back so they couldn’t camp fully in our half. He’s frustrating as hell because I don’t rate him one game and then he’s one of our best the next.

I think he would be far more effective if he was told to hog the touchline.

I know he presses well but centrally he gets a bit lost. I'd like to see him out wide taking on a full back at every opportunity.

Back
Top Bottom