Lucas Moura

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ridiculous situation to which the guy has responded with a totally positive attitude off and on the pitch.
The Liverpool game and not starting must have confirmed his concerns though and I would be handing in a transfer request first thing this morning.
Poch has insulted him enough, time to make a stand. Such a shame and yet another player wasted due to some quirk of the manager.

Where would you have played him against Liverpool?

We played something like this; with Eriksen sitting deep to help out Aurier.

Gazza
Aurier - Toby - Sachez - Rose
Eriksen - Sissoko - Winks
Son - Alli
Kane

Son was given freedom to switch sides and Alli was tasked with closing down their midfield.

Had Moura been on; who would it have been in place of? He's not as effective at breaking up play as Alli, and defensively he would have been less comfortable than Eriksen helping out Aurier. His instinct would have been to run forward and this would leave our full backs even more exposed than they were and would force Son to be the one to drop back and defend.

Kane and Son did just fine up top and actually created some good chances. We should have been 2 up had it not been for the crossbar being lowered a few inches at half time by Liverpool.

Gazza
Son - Alli
Kane

Son was given freedom to switch sides and Alli was tasked with closing down their midfield.

Had Moura been on; who would it have been in place of? He's not as effective at breaking up play as Alli, and defensively he would have been less comfortable than Eriksen helping out Aurier. His instinct would have been to run forward and this would leave our full backs even more exposed than they were and would force Son to be the one to drop back and defend.

Kane and Son did just fine up top and actually created some good chances. We should have been 2 up had it not been for the crossbar being lowered a few inches at half time by Liverpool.

What?
So good players are left out, shit ones get full games, and it’s not the managers fault for not finding a system that can incorporate the good ones?

Leaving good players out means we need to go and buy more good players in January because there is nowhere for the good players on our bench to play?

Because the shit ones are playing?

Nice one

Eriksen helping out Aurier.

:eriksenlol::eriksenlol::eriksenlol::eriksenlol::eriksenlol:

You mean letting EVERY cross on his side get into the box?
Letting every attacker waltz past him into the box?
Or losing the ball 80 meters up the pitch and leaving Aurier to deal with Mane in a one on one sprint?

:eriksenlol::eriksenlol::eriksenlol::eriksenlol::eriksenlol:

You mean letting EVERY cross on his side get into the box?
Letting every attacker waltz past him into the box?
Or losing the ball 80 meters up the pitch and leaving Aurier to deal with Mane in a one on one sprint?

I didn't say he was any good at it :)

I actually think he put in a good performance and worked hard. Its not really a position he should have been playing in the first place but I suspect Poch picked him due to his excellent energy and fitness levels (he was still running right up until he was taken off).

Had we played Moura instead, Mane may have had a lot more room to run into. Also Moura would not have been able to play the ball out from the back as Eriksen was able to do.

I didn't say he was any good at it :)

I actually think he put in a good performance and worked hard. Its not really a position he should have been playing in the first place but I suspect Poch picked him due to his excellent energy and fitness levels (he was still running right up until he was taken off).

Had we played Moura instead, Mane may have had a lot more room to run into. Also Moura would not have been able to play the ball out from the back as Eriksen was able to do.

You are overlooking the fact that Poch is not competent enough to play a system that gets the best out of Moura, so his answer is Eriksen covering Aurier, despite Eriksen getting anhialated time and time and time again by Robertson.

Why no DM at half time, when it was OBVIOUS to evryone but Poch that Liverpool were going to equalise, and when they did, there would be only one winner?

By the way, yesterday we pretty much set up exactly for the counter attack.

Poch, once again, benches the player that can exploit it.

But I’m glad Dele got his full quota. Wouldn’t want his feelings hurt.

I feel sorry for Lucas as I think he is a good, honest player, but a tad inconsistent. That may very well be, because he doesn't get enough playing time to build his consistency level up.

Gazza
Son - Alli
Kane

Could have set up:
Gazza
Aurier- Toby- Sanchez- Rose
Sissoko- Dele- Winks
Son- Lucas
Kane
That way we could have had Son and Lucas with speed and could have pinned back their fullbacks a bit

Could have set up:
Gazza
Aurier- Toby- Sanchez- Rose
Sissoko- Dele- Winks
Son- Lucas
Kane
That way we could have had Son and Lucas with speed and could have pinned back their fullbacks a bit

Indeed....If we're gonna counter attack, why wouldn't you play BOTH your fastest attacking players?

Anybody know when Moura's mandatory 18 months to two year "so far from where he needs to be" ban ends so he can get a game?

Come to Spurs. Ruin your career. :D
Perhaps Poch could get all the players date stamped...."Best before", "Do not use until" and "Use by" then the fans would understand his team selections better.

Gazza
Son - Alli
Kane

Its Pochs job to find the best possible system to fit his best players. You don't leave your best players on the bench for guys with the mentality of Eriksen or Aurier.

Its Pochs job to find the best possible system to fit his best players. You don't leave your best players on the bench for guys with the mentality of Eriksen or Aurier.

Playing Kane, Son AND Moura means you have to drop Eriksen and either

a) have Son back to help in defence

Son vs Eriksen defending is debatable, but Eriksen clearly has better distribution of the ball to get it up the pitch quickly.

b) Have an extra attacking player

This would mean Sissoko would have to help out Aurier; which would leave space for Mane / Firmino in the middle.

My preference would have been to have Ndombele start in place of Eriksen; but Poch clearly thinks he isn't ready.

I'm sure had Lamela been fit he would have started.

Playing Kane, Son AND Moura means you have to drop Eriksen and either

a) have Son back to help in defence

Son vs Eriksen defending is debatable, but Eriksen clearly has better distribution of the ball to get it up the pitch quickly.

b) Have an extra attacking player

This would mean Sissoko would have to help out Aurier; which would leave space for Mane / Firmino in the middle.

My preference would have been to have Ndombele start in place of Eriksen; but Poch clearly thinks he isn't ready.

I'm sure had Lamela been fit he would have started.
Can we please forget that Eriksen exists. I don't want to see him on the pitch again for Spurs.

Can we please forget that Eriksen exists. I don't want to see him on the pitch again for Spurs.

Eriksen covered the most distance of any Spurs player in the game.

For our opening goal, Eriksen had run into space and, had Son squared it he would have scored.

Around the 20 minute mark an excellent cross field pass from Eriksen to Kane set up Alli for a tap in. It was slight out of reach. Eriksen delivered another ball into the box that Kane narrowly missed for a tap in.

Eriksen again was in a good position to score in the 2nd half but Son took the opportunity to shoot himself.

Of all the dangerous shots on target from Liverpool, 1 of them was from Eriksen being beaten by Robinson.

For the Henderson goal, it was Winks who was slow to close down and Rose who got caught napping (and then blocked Sanchez's view).

Eriksen covered the most distance of any Spurs player in the game.

For our opening goal, Eriksen had run into space and, had Son squared it he would have scored.

Around the 20 minute mark an excellent cross field pass from Eriksen to Kane set up Alli for a tap in. It was slight out of reach. Eriksen delivered another ball into the box that Kane narrowly missed for a tap in.

Eriksen again was in a good position to score in the 2nd half but Son took the opportunity to shoot himself.

Of all the dangerous shots on target from Liverpool, 1 of them was from Eriksen being beaten by Robinson.

For the Henderson goal, it was Winks who was slow to close down and Rose who got caught napping (and then blocked Sanchez's view).

What benefit to the team was there from Eriksen covering the most ground? I remember one time he blocked a cross but he was easily beaten every single other time.

You claim they only had one dangerous shot on target from Robertson beating Eriksen, why are you discounting everything that they couldn’t get on target or wasn’t considered dangerous due to their poor finishing?

You laughably claim Eriksen “delivered another ball into the box that Kane narrowly missed”, if I’m not mistaken that was a shot from Eriksen that went wide, so clutching at straws to call that a delivery into the box.

That basically leaves your praise for Eriksen’s performance as one pass and twice getting into space where there’s no guarantee he would’ve scored. The counter argument looks at him having 16 touches over 88 minutes, not closing down or stopping Robertson at all bar one occasion, losing the ball countless times, including for their 2nd goal and offering no shots on target.

What a top professional we have on our hands here. If he's patient his moment will come but I'm so impressed with his attitude at a time where results are poor yet he still doesn't get a look in.

Give the lad a few starts, let him have a chance to get the wind into his sails

Back
Top Bottom