Lucas Moura

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Considering that hasn't happened so far I can only assume Poch isn't capable of that or isn't interested in using that system.

Well it isn't happening for one reason or another....

Still think it'd be excellent though.

Just catching up on the threads:
All those calling for Lucas to start and how criminal it was to see him on the bench, you must have been thrilled to see him net a hat-trick against Colchester!?

It's all gone a bit quite from you all.

Just catching up on the threads:
All those calling for Lucas to start and how criminal it was to see him on the bench, you must have been thrilled to see him net a hat-trick against Colchester!?

It's all gone a bit quite from you all.

Yeah it must be so motivating and easy keeping his momentum getting the Janssen treatment despite being our biggest threat

Yeah it must be so motivating and easy keeping his momentum getting the Janssen treatment despite being our biggest threat
Our biggest threat!? No, he absolutely isn't that, I'm sure our biggest threat would have licked his lips and filled his boots against the bottom of the table league two side.

I like Lucas, but he's not suited against a side that sits deep with 10 behind the ball, he doesn't link well, in fact he's quite shit at laying anything on for his teammates & whilst he has improved, without the ball he's not great.

He's great at running at differences, committing them and getting them out of shape as a result. He is a very good finisher, especially getting on the end of a move. But seeing the majority of teams in the Laegue we play against will sit deep that kind of limits the opportunities he will get.

Our biggest threat!? No, he absolutely isn't that, I'm sure our biggest threat would have licked his lips and filled his boots against the bottom of the table league two side.

I like Lucas, but he's not suited against a side that sits deep with 10 behind the ball, he doesn't link well, in fact he's quite shit at laying anything on for his teammates & whilst he has improved, without the ball he's not great.

He's great at running at differences, committing them and getting them out of shape as a result. He is a very good finisher, especially getting on the end of a move. But seeing the majority of teams in the Laegue we play against will sit deep that kind of limits the opportunities he will get.

And like I said, it can’t be easy when playing well means you’re dropped, playing poor means you’re dropped, playing average means you’re dropped.

Benchwarmers don’t always hit the ground running when they get a game no matter who they are playing.

Must be thrilling for him see the team struggling up front and the manager leaving him on the bench for Wanyama

And like I said, it can’t be easy when playing well means you’re dropped, playing poor means you’re dropped, playing average means you’re dropped.

Benchwarmers don’t always hit the ground running when they get a game no matter who they are playing.

Must be thrilling for him see the team struggling up front and the manager leaving him on the bench for Wanyama
Then whay have a player as flaky as that in your squad? I don't think he's flaky, just not as good as others think he is, he's a player that only works in certain environments, he has limitations that means he's not 1st choice for many games.

Then whay have a player as flaky as that in your squad? I don't think he's flaky, just not as good as others think he is, he's a player that only works in certain environments, he has limitations that means he's not 1st choice for many games.

His limitations?
Or the managers short sightedness, OCD like tendencies with his little pet peeves, and insistence on not playing anyone who might have the audacity to run into Kanes space

He is an enigma, got dumped on in the CL final but js still undoubtedly searching for inconsistency.

The issue as I see it, if he is not scoring does he do enough?

All I ask because I love the effort in the guy.

He’s a fucking winger not Pirlo.

Did you give a fuck how shit he was off the ball in Holland?

:defoe:
I.Love.Lucas!!

I think he's great running at defences, he causes all sorts of panic and pulls them out of shape. I think he's a very competent finisher, getting on the end of moves, namely counter attacks. None of these attributes work against a low block though, he can't link up with one-two's around a packed box, can't provide the ball to unpick a defence, that's why he doesn't get many mins.

I think he'll be just the ticket vs BM tomorrow.

I find it odd that the entire team is shite in that situation but that’s why Moura gets dropped?
Well, he is a forward, isn't he?

Against a low block Son is better, Kane is better, Lamela is better, Dele's better and Ndombele has shown he can time a late run better than Lucas. There is more to their games than Lucas in this situation and given we play many teams that sit deep he's not going to get the mins you think he deserves.

I'd play Lucas against a side that doesn't put 10 behind the ball, get him running at the oppo just need to keep our fingers crossed that if he's not shooting that he can find a teammate with ab accurate pass, which he struggles to do.

Well, he is a forward, isn't he?

Against a low block Son is better, Kane is better, Lamela is better, Dele's better and Ndombele has shown he can time a late run better than Lucas. There is more to their games than Lucas in this situation and given we play many teams that sit deep he's not going to get the mins you think he deserves.

I'd play Lucas against a side that doesn't put 10 behind the ball, get him running at the oppo just need to keep our fingers crossed that if he's not shooting that he can find a teammate with ab accurate pass, which he struggles to do.

I get what you’re saying on the general view of Lucas.... I’ve said it before that when looking at the CL final, as we were effectively 0-1 after 22secs, and Liverpool then just sat in, Kane was a better bet.... i.e. it would have made no difference if Lucas started as they’d have been no space for him to attack.

But also love Lucas!

:hugoshock: No Lucas emoji despite Amsterdam??!!

I see him as a reserve striker, he’s just too limited to be a consistent starter. He would never have been able to pull off the move that Son and Eriksen did for the second goal at the weekend. He just doesn’t play with his head up in the same way.

He gets his head down and tries to score a goal, that’s pretty much his only move. I think he’s notched just two assists in his time here? He doesn’t really link up properly with anyone, he needs space to run into otherwise he disappears like against Colchester and Newcastle. He doesn’t have the skill or vision to really do anything as a wide player against a parked bus.

Back
Top Bottom