Lucas Moura

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thanks for uploading that. That was awesome to see.

It must be tough for him being so far away from where he grew up. I reckon seeing the Brazilian coverage and how much the commentators were pumped up seeing him win it gave him a tingling feeling in his bollocks that brought it all home for him. Fair play to the lad. He is proving himself to be a top, top player.

have t say i'm well chuffed for Lucas. I think he's been unfairly criticized this season. Reality is we've rarely clicked up top this year, and while Dele/Son/Eriksen have been able to live off the past few seasons, Lucas has just been called shit/not good enough by too many. That was goal number 15 for the season last night. he's scored some important goals and against big teams.

my only criticism is lack of assists - for a player of his type and obvious technical ability it's just weird.

Another player always giving his all, much like Sissoko, being rewarded for it.

I reckon Poch has learned from Bielsa with nightly visits, uncovering sheets to look at their "legs".
Because Moura, like Sissoko, seems to have massive, massive "legs".

my only criticism is lack of assists - for a player of his type and obvious technical ability it's just weird.
No it's not. Striking the ball at a static target (the goal) as hard as you can and putting it just in front of a running man are very different things. Eriksen and Kane are the only ones in our team capable of doing both consistently well.

No it's not. Striking the ball at a static target (the goal) as hard as you can and putting it just in front of a running man are very different things. Eriksen and Kane are the only ones in our team capable of doing both consistently well.
you don't think zero assists for lucas is odd? a forward/wide player who during his career has reasonable return in assists?

you don't think zero assists for lucas is odd? a forward/wide player who during his career has reasonable return in assists?
It does seem a bit extreme but it might have to do with how Poch wants him to play. If he could add assists to his game he would easily overtake Son in the starting 11.

I just found that tweet and was about to post it here,

Is there anyone that can give us a translation on what he said???
would love to know it

It's hard to speak, since I was a child I dreamed of playing in Champions League and win the Champions League, and now I have the chance to play a final.... And bring this joy to my family, to my friends and for my neighbourhood, where I've been born. God is wonderful he always surprise us, I always tought It was possible to Win, even after they made It 2x0, and I've been always praying and he gave me this wonderful game and3 goals. Very happy, very proud of my teammates, we fought, we battle It, our team is a team of warriors. I'm very happy, football is my life and football can give us moments like this.

Back
Top Bottom