Lucas Moura

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Oh come on it dosen't "happen all the time" it's pretty rare on the whole.
Loads of examples.

That's no the point anyway. The point is, we have a order of priority when it comes to penalty takers.

Trippier didn't take one because anyone else bottled it. Trippier took one because he was the defined penalty taker for the game.

As I said, this isn't up for discussion. It's a fact.

Before every game of professional football, teams are well aware of their designated penalty takers for the game ahead. It will be defined at the pre-game meeting if the usual taker (Kane for us), isn't playing.

I have been starting to worry that he is not the player i'd hoped he would be. He just seems to take too many on and runs directly into trouble.

He has had some good moments for us but I hope he can become more consistent. Agreed with the other posters who say squad player.

The comparison with Lennon is interesting. Lennon is and always was an out and out winger. Perhaps if he played on the wing he'd more often than not only have 1 player to beat (a full back) rather than the crowds he inevitably has to get through in the centre.

There is still time to come good and i hope he can do it.

I have been starting to worry that he is not the player i'd hoped he would be. He just seems to take too many on and runs directly into trouble.

He has had some good moments for us but I hope he can become more consistent. Agreed with the other posters who say squad player.

The comparison with Lennon is interesting. Lennon is and always was an out and out winger. Perhaps if he played on the wing he'd more often than not only have 1 player to beat (a full back) rather than the crowds he inevitably has to get through in the centre.

There is still time to come good and i hope he can do it.
Lucas had his main success at PSG as a winger. But Poch wants him converted to a striker/secondary striker to accommodate Trippier. Lamela suffers from the same problem. And Son suffered as well but he has adapted and learnt how to play more centrally.

We are crippling two attacking threats to accommodate our fullbacks.

Lucas had his main success at PSG as a winger. But Poch wants him converted to a striker/secondary striker to accommodate Trippier. Lamela suffers from the same problem. And Son suffered as well but he has adapted and learnt how to play more centrally.

That's a damn shame but we are unlikely to change as we don't play with natural wingers anyway. Moura, Son and Lamela all like to come inside when we played a 4-2-3-1.

I think you can accommodate for a winger and an attacking full back as Walker/Lennon used to be fantastic together bombing down the wing, Rose and Bale as well on the left. (going back in time a bit there).

Can't see us going back to a 442 somehow though.

That's a damn shame but we are unlikely to change as we don't play with natural wingers anyway. Moura, Son and Lamela all like to come inside when we played a 4-2-3-1.

I think you can accommodate for a winger and an attacking full back as Walker/Lennon used to be fantastic together bombing down the wing, Rose and Bale as well on the left. (going back in time a bit there).

Can't see us going back to a 442 somehow though.
If it is smart to nullify two of our attacking players best strengths to accommodate two defenders is a discussion I leave to the manager. Hopefully Lamela and Lucas comes good in their new positions.

He's still, what, 25?
Really good player, not sure we're using him properly. Today he was start of everything, but playing short passes with Llorente and Nkoudu is damn hard cuz they are shite at it.

He's still, what, 25?
Really good player, not sure we're using him properly. Today he was start of everything, but playing short passes with Llorente and Nkoudu is damn hard cuz they are shite at it.
He’s a bit of relic, suited for a 4-4-2 as a winger. Big sides don’t play like this anymore

Anyhow he’s not a flop in my books.

As it stands, the guy is a flop. Gives me no pleasure whatsoever to say it. I was hoping he could be our Mane.
I think the term flop is harsh. If all players are fit he's absolutely not in that side but as a player to have on the bench he makes us stronger. I'd put him in the same category as Sissoko, a great option to bring off the bench or dropped into a game here and there across the season as a starter against weaker oppo etc. Every team needs these type of players.

What I do like about him is he is a hard worker and has addressed the part of his game, defensive work, that he wasn't good at. What he hasn't been able to do is combine his ability to run at players on the ball whilst also contributing when defending.

When he first joined us, he was a joy to watch (all be it his end product could have been called into question at times) but he would take us up the pitch turning the oppo towards their own goal, his runs causing huge holes in their defence for Kane, Son, Dele etc to exploit. These runs were 4 or 5 dribbles per game, struggling to think of the last time he did this (at least as prolifically as previous).

Defensively however he has improved massively, last year players were running off him so easily, were it not for his defensive contribution against Woolwich the result could have been different.

Heres hoping he can get both elements of his game together, I do recall Eriksen saying it took 2yrs to understand his role that Poch wanted from him.

A final point is he is also a highly tradeable player, we will make money on him should this ever become an option. But no, I wouldn't call him a flop.

I dont think he is ever gonna be a first 11 player. He is a decent squad player at best, well that is if you are a big club actually trying to win trophies. Which we as supporters know we are and levy just says we are but doesn't act or behave like we are..

I agree with you on lucas, but son's challenge was the other way round. Son played as a second striker back in germany and had to adapt to playing more outside in poch's formation. thats why you can observe son's movement as a striker the way he plays now, like playing off the shoulder etc. Every player has to make their fair share of adapting when they change teams.

Even as a winger, lucas does have his relevance. i thought he is more defensively sound on the wings, covers ground pretty fast. But maybe playing with lorente on top adds to the challenge also. Lorente isn't prolific, has poor movements, very static. Hence lucas ended up making blind direct runs to nowhere, because there is no one to play between the lines which alli, kane, or son often does.

Earned his pay last night. His directness helped open up Watford and even if he himself did not score we needed him last night to open up space for Son and Fernando

Started to worry me now, surely u would have expected him to adapt by now? An absolute shame after his amazing start for us

Back
Top Bottom