Look up not down

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In the hypothetical "If we sustained injuries analagous to the Woolwich would we be shit?" scenario - the answer is a resounding NO. First off I give no credit to the scum hypothetical or otherwise. They are what they are. "Ooooh, but look at how well they've coped. So impressive. We could only hope to do so well. They're still dangerous....." Fuck that. They've got a squad as do we. Ours is superior. Fact.

If Benny and Kyle were injured, and then Rose and Charlie went out as well -- we would likely play Townsend (or BALE for Christ's sake) on the left and recall Kyle Naughton to play on the right, or some other combination including Bassong and Kaboul. Still better than Woolwich - who are shit.

If we sold vdV and Modric in the same window (which we never would because we are not scummy twats who can hardly claim to be a proper English club) we would still have a selection of Huddlestone, Kranjcar, Carroll, Parker, Sandro, and Livermore or even Jenas to recall from loan (if they can be hypothetically injured they can be theoretically uninjured as well) in the middle. Bale - Hudd - Parker - Lennon in the midfield...still better than Woolwich...who are shit.

I agree with the sentiment here. Up not down. The scum are fading lights in our rear view that I get to laugh at.

WilsonJet said:
In the hypothetical "If we sustained injuries analagous to the a***nal would we be shit?" scenario - the answer is a resounding NO. First off I give no credit to the scum hypothetical or otherwise. They are what they are. "Ooooh, but look at how well they've coped. So impressive. We could only hope to do so well. They're still dangerous....." Fuck that. They've got a squad as do we. Ours is superior. Fact.

If Benny and Kyle were injured, and then Rose and Charlie went out as well -- we would likely play Townsend (or BALE for Christ's sake) on the left and recall Kyle Naughton to play on the right, or some other combination including Bassong and Kaboul. Still better than a***nal - who are shit.

If we sold vdV and Modric in the same window (which we never would because we are not scummy twats who can hardly claim to be a proper English club) we would still have a selection of Huddlestone, Kranjcar, Carroll, Parker, Sandro, and Livermore or even Jenas to recall from loan (if they can be hypothetically injured they can be theoretically uninjured as well) in the middle. Bale - Hudd - Parker - Lennon in the midfield...still better than a***nal...who are shit.

I agree with the sentiment here. Up not down. The scum are fading lights in our rear view that I get to laugh at.

:ledleylick:

thedutchman said:
I'm going to start this with a confession. I wanted A*****l to score at the end of the game against Citeh. In fact, I wouldn't have minded had they won.

sorry dutch, while i appreciate ur sentiments, NOTHING gives me greater pleasure than seeing those arsewipes lose. NOTHING; not even spurs winning.

As much as I hate the arse and like to see them lose, a draw would have been best for us a two of our rivals drop points instead of just one.

But if Gore Vidal was a yiddo he would have said "It's not enough for Spurs to succeed. Woolwich must fail.

Woolwich’s goalkeeper ScxxxeeH378246zxxzxzxz said yesterday that their aim now is to finish above us. But so fucking what? Our aim is to finish above everybody. And the difference in those aims and how they’ve changed is another indication of the way the wind is blowing.

I agree with what you're saying about our squad depth Wilson but can you recall players on season-long loans? I think Naughton, Bentley and Jenas are all on season-long loans. I don't know the rules tbh.

ZoC said:
sorry dutch, while i appreciate ur sentiments, NOTHING gives me greater pleasure than seeing those arsewipes lose. NOTHING; not even spurs winning.

I'm sorry but you'd rather A*****l lose than Spurs win? That's not being a Spurs fan that's being anti-A*****l which is basically supporting 91 other clubs...

Was pointing out that, frankly, I don't care what the scum do now, we're above them, better than them and if they can help us win the league well that would make it a little bit sweeter. Because as much as it's fun today to laugh at them for losing yesterday (and basically celebrating it in some places) it would be a lot more fun to parade the league title under their noses for a whole year.

Normally, especially in years gone by, I'd be desperate for them to lose every time they're on the pitch, I still am...but if they can do us a favour here and there sure it may make me feel a little dirty but I'll take it!

Anyway, front page? :gazza:

And to get back to my point. WE'RE GOING TO WIN THE LEAGUE (until we mess it up on Thursday, of course!!!)

thedutchman said:
ZoC said:

I'm sorry but you'd rather A*****l lose than Spurs win?

yep. i'm full of hate.

thedutchman said:
That's not being a Spurs fan that's being anti-A*****l

too right. those barbaric, cannon-wielding invaders of our ancestral north london homelands; those ethnic cleansers of the indigenous, civilised, peace-loving, north london population. they spread their idolatrous, cheating, heathen woolwich-ways, desecrate islington, haringey, enfield and barnet with their red and white pagan symbols; converting innocent children. they disgust me. better dead than red.

ZoC said:
thedutchman said:
ZoC said:

I'm sorry but you'd rather A*****l lose than Spurs win?

yep. i'm full of hate.

thedutchman said:
That's not being a Spurs fan that's being anti-A*****l

too right. those barbaric, cannon-wielding invaders of our ancestral north london homelands; those ethnic cleansers of the indigenous, civilised, peace-loving, north london population. they spread their idolatrous, cheating, heathen woolwich-ways, desecrate islington, haringey, enfield and barnet with their red and white pagan symbols; converting innocent children. they disgust me. better dead than red.
that gave me wood

98_372_wink-smiley-02_thumb_l.gif

cheers, mr filth... i rate u on the podcast. v. knowledgeable. that gooner-gobbling flav needs to curb his arse-enthusiasm, though. i nearly threw up. anyone would think he needs a cannon up his rear-end!

paddyspurs said:
I agree with what you're saying about our squad depth Wilson but can you recall players on season-long loans? I think Naughton, Bentley and Jenas are all on season-long loans. I don't know the rules tbh.

We make our own rules.

Besides, I'm making all this up as we go along.

Back
Top Bottom