Liverpool VS Tottenham Hotspur 2019-10-27 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss the latest matches, our players and any transfer news surrounding Spurs.

Registration only takes a minute and removes most of the adverts. You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

I found yesterday pretty depressing thinking about the evolution of both teams over the past few seasons. If we hadn't got that early goal, reckon we could have got a serious tonking. Bin Dippers had over 70% possession. I was reading this morning when we went there and drew 2-2 two seasons back, we had 66% possession and even last season when we lost unluckily 2-1 we had 51% possession. Fabinho had 91 passes yesterday which was seemingly more than the combined total of Eriksen, Winks and Sissoko.

We finished above them in the league 8 out of 9 seasons prior to last season. Summer before last they went out and signed Fabinho for £40 million, Allison for £55 million and Van Dijk for £70. £165 million that has transformed them into a big trophy winning team largely financed by the sale for £105 million of Coutinho who many perceived to be their best player and madness to sell. That was the summer we didn't sign anyone. Throw in a 20 year old youth academy graduate Trent Alexander-Arnold who was given a proper go at right back and the Bin Dippers are a transformed team.

Register to remove

we spurs fans have to ride this wave of uncertainty, and hope its sorted out soon, we can repair the damage, but not if this situation continues into new year with poch playing silly buggers.

Register to remove

Mixed feelings. Didn’t expect anything. Got to half time ahead, but then the usual shower of a second half.

The 84th minute sub for Moura is genuinely taking the piss though. I genuinely don’t know what the FUCK he is thinking.

Anyway, bottom half. Goodison next. No idea what team we’ll put out.

This team is finished.
Temporarily hopefully.

reasons, winks, he is a young player, and he will get better the more experience he gains.
kwp , same as winks, davies a good backup player, lamela has played good when called on, lo celso will get better and better, and become one of our top players, dier coming back from long injury, looks heavy and sluggish at present, but with game time he will be decent again, foyth a very promising player will be a good defender for us, lloris good keeper, fantastic saves, but is prone to lapses, but still good for squad.

Bit late to the party but for me Dele is a player that is woefully out of form and massively short of confidence after injuries. He should be dropped to the bench and played in cup games/end of matches where we're winning comfortably but selling him would be a mistake. He's only 22/23(?) and is so far ahead of previous top players in terms of age and career. His value at the moment won't be great so the benefits of keeping him far outweigh just getting rid. Whether he's peaked or not is anyone's guess.

Register to remove

Bit late to the party but for me Dele is a player that is woefully out of form and massively short of confidence after injuries. He should be dropped to the bench and played in cup games/end of matches where we're winning comfortably but selling him would be a mistake. He's only 22/23(?) and is so far ahead of previous top players in terms of age and career. His value at the moment won't be great so the benefits of keeping him far outweigh just getting rid. Whether he's peaked or not is anyone's guess.
He has looked better in the last 2 games, I agree selling him would be a huge mistake. I think he would go for a lot of money, but we should definitely be keeping him. He was always going to have a dip in form at some point.

Top Bottom