Liverpool v Tottenham Hotspur. Sunday 4 Feb. 16.30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They're fragile right now and the dippers are upset that they got no coutinho replacement. We need to capitalize. Play like we did against United, Dortmund and Pool the first time and we will win!

Liverpool are so attacking that they are perfectly set up for us to hit them on the counter. If we can get ahead, would love to see Moura come off the bench and have a run at them in the last 20 or so.

We need to do similar as with Utd. Convert the ball quickly for back to front exposed their poor defence. Our defence should cope with their front line and our front line should be strong against there defence. In the middle we need to be strong and creative-easy.

Agree, at our best we could win. Massive game needs a massive performance. Fingers crossed.

They'll perform almost identically to how they did at home to City. Literally look to choke us out. They've absolutely hammered us at Anfield in recent years because we haven't been able to cope with their speed and aggression.

Id be willing to have us honestly just sit back and counter here. Like we did against Dortmund. It'll frustrate them. Frustration causes mistakes. On the counter we are dangerous but it's going to be one hell of a game. Important we don't lose.

They're fragile right now and the dippers are upset that they got no coutinho replacement. We need to capitalize. Play like we did against United, Dortmund and Pool the first time and we will win!

Thought yesterday would be very difficult. In the end it seemed as though United had been given dodgy lasagne or that their wages would be halved so bereft were they.

Sunday will be a harder test and more pertinently is away from home which is our achilles heel.

Despite the win I would be a little surprised if Pochettino sticks with the same line-up but whoever plays it is about starting fast again and being at it all game.

Beating United was a great start to a hard set of games but we need to back it up.

Tricky trip to Anfield, but at our best we win. Time to build on yesterday’s result. They’ll be worried. Kane to give the £75m man a nightmare.
Spot on regarding Van Dic Vs Kane. Kane has dominated better. It's about time we get a result there, there is no reason why we can't. Agree at our best we can compete with anyone . COYS.

Our central midfield worries me at the moment.
We need a win, realistically I would take a draw.

The central midfield that just bossed the most expensive central midfielder in the world off the pitch? Only doubts are that they will be able to do that twice in a week. Personally i don't think we need to worry about Can, Henderson, Wijnaldum or Milner. In fact i would say its their weakest position, and half the reason they have the potential to ship so many goals.

All very good having the most expensive defender in the world, but if he looks behind him and has no confidence and then looks in front of him and has no confidence then it won't be long before he gets found out.

The central midfield that just bossed the most expensive central midfielder in the world off the pitch? Only doubts are that they will be able to do that twice in a week. Personally i don't think we need to worry about Can, Henderson, Wijnaldum or Milner. In fact i would say its their weakest position, and half the reason they have the potential to ship so many goals.

All very good having the most expensive defender in the world, but if he looks behind him and has no confidence and then looks in front of him and has no confidence then it won't be long before he gets found out.

TBH I just copy and pasted my first post in the last match thread for good luck.......

:pochlol:

:dembelelol:

Probably not seen enough of the grief stricken ones to judge too much how we win. But first and foremost it has to be the basics. One v one victories. Aggression. Match effort for effort and then we are fine. Get a win here and it’s unlikely to see us out of the top 4 again I feel. A draw keeps it all too close to call. A defeat with Shity and Cheatski to come makes things tricky ( fuck the Goons )

Hope we are proud again. If we win I think runners up spot might well be possible again

Any French on here? I am going to be on some farm in the arse end of nowhere on sunday. Does anyone know if this might be on normal french tv?

(Going for my uncles 60th birthday. He is having a party the weekend after but I told him to do-one as its the Woolwich game)

Any French on here? I am going to be on some farm in the arse end of nowhere on sunday. Does anyone know if this might be on normal french tv?

(Going for my uncles 60th birthday. He is having a party the weekend after but I told him to do-one as its the Woolwich game)
In France only on SFR Sport 1 apparently.

You can always check livesoccertv.com

Last edited:
I hate this game, the one I least look forward to. Our record at Anfield is awful.

If we play like we did last night then we are capable of turning anyone over. Poch will have a selection headache as if Alderweireld, Aurier and Rose are all fit, do they come back in after such a impressive performance against United?

Dembele and Dier are must starters and play the same way as last night. Also Kane just occupied two centre halves at United who are better than Liverpool’s, he should be able to do the same here.

It’s Liverpool’s front line that worries me, Firmino and Salah are in form. They have Mane, Lallana and Chamberlain around as well. We need to be on it to make sure we deprive them off chances.

- Lloris -
- Aurier - Sanchez - Vertonghen - Rose
- Dembele - Dier -
- Son - Dele - Eriksen -
- Kane -

Or

- Lloris -
- Alderweireld - Sanchez - Vertonghen -
- Aurier - Dembele - Dier - Rose -
- Dele - Eriksen -
- Kane -

Both teams capable of winning. A good problem for Poch to have. I just don’t want to see Sissoko anywhere near that 11.

Back
Top Bottom