Liverpool (h) 18/19 ratings thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Vorm

• Total voters
It's the kind of drivel that the stats morons crack one off to
Me, I like to keep my head up and watch the football.

This is the kind of drivel that moronic simpletons crack one off to. Me, I like to keep my head up, watch the game, then when it's finished, get my head down and look at some stats.

Each to their own moronic masturbatory machinations I guess?

I'm sorry mate but I just don’t know how you could come away from that game with that perspective. They had an XG (expected goals) of 3. That was the highest of any team bar ManC on Saturday. This is their shot map:

wiOzUhc.jpg

They got through our midfield continually. Contrast this to the Watford game, with a midfield of Dembele(Winks), Eriksen and Alli, where we only allowed Watford an XG of 0.44. They just happened to take two set piece chances.

Also contrast with the game at Wembley last year, when we allowed Liverpool an XG of 0.67 with a midfield three of Winks, Eriksen and Alli.

The thing you are right about is how offensively inept we were, despite being defensively shambolic. And this is because Poch insisted on shoe horning Dier into a peculiar 8/RM role, as well as playing Dembele as the anchor.

Does XG not count set piece opportunities? How does that work?

We were rickety at the back leading to more opportunities than should have been the case. But still, it was not a game of their front players streaming through on dangerous counterattacks over and over the way I feared. That's how I saw it anyway.

But no doubt we played them much much better last year without clogging the center of midfield and breaking up the flow of our play, against Liverpool and other top sides as well.

And yeah, Dier playing in front of Dembele was a head-scratcher.

Vorm: 3
Trippier: 5
Toby: 8
Verts: 13
Rose: 21
Dier: ?
Dembele: 1
Winks: 4
Eriksen: 9
Lucas: 16
Kane: ?
A prize for the winner
I'm going to have to reveal the answers this week; maybe I started out a bit hard, I'll take note of my audience and dumb it down for next week
Dier = 34
Kane = 25

Vorm 5
Trippier 5
Aldeweireld 6
Vertonghen 6
Rose 6
Dier 0
Dembele 1
Winks 3
Eriksen 4
Lucas 7
Kane 1

Lamela 7
Son 6
Wanyama 6

Vorm 3
Trippier 5
Alderwireld 5
Vertonghen 5
Rose 6
Dier 1
Dembele 1
Winks 5
Eriksen 3
Lucas 7
Kane 5

Lamela 8
Son 6
Wanyama 5

Oliver -5

Lamela starting might have made all the difference!!!

Vorm 3
Trippier 5
Alderwireld 5
Vertonghen 5
Rose 6
Dier 1
Dembele 1
Winks 5
Eriksen 3
Lucas 7
Kane 5

Lamela 8
Son 6
Wanyama 5

Oliver -5

Lamela starting might have made all the difference!!!
Vorm actually made some decent saves to keep us in the game. 5 is fair imo.

Also Kane was 2/10 at best. Easily second worst player on the pitch after Dier.

Vorm actually made some decent saves to keep us in the game. 5 is fair imo.

Also Kane was 2/10 at best. Easily second worst player on the pitch after Dier.

I know Vorm made a couple of saves but the first goal was crucial and he made a total arse of it

Kane not himself no argument there but he’s getting crap service

I'm going to have to reveal the answers this week; maybe I started out a bit hard, I'll take note of my audience and dumb it down for next week
Dier = 34
Kane = 25

I actually put that in the first reply I sent to you.

But I really was worried you were a career market trader looking to offload dodgy shit to unsuspecting forum posters so I kept quiet......

I actually put that in the first reply I sent to you.

But I really was worried you were a career market trader looking to offload dodgy shit to unsuspecting forum posters so I kept quiet......
Oh, sorry, I missed your covert editing.
Congratulations! You are the winner of a free lap dance!
moving%2Bimages%2Bpole%2Bdance%2Bcow.gif

According to some he doesn’t run around enough

Ffs

You may be of the Cooper “stats are just for joyless, soulless morons” camp, if so I apologise in advance for inflicting this stat on you, but Kane completed 7 sprints on Saturday, in the same game last year he made 45.

His shot count has also halved. There’s a possibility the two things could be linked?

Kane is definitely not to blame for all our ills, but he’s definitely not performing anywhere like his best, not even close.

You may be of the Cooper “stats are just for joyless, soulless morons” camp, if so I apologise in advance for inflicting this stat on you, but Kane completed 7 sprints on Saturday, in the same game last year he made 45.

His shot count has also halved. There’s a possibility the two things could be linked?

Kane is definitely not to blame for all our ills, but he’s definitely not performing anywhere like his best, not even close.

I never said that he was performing at his best but I stand by my rating

Virtually the whole team including the manager had a bad day at the office on Saturday so it’s ridiculous to compare any players performance to last years game

I really couldn’t give a fuck that he had 7 sprints or whatever
Not many people apart from you do

Maybe that’s what Mick is trying to tell you but apology accepted

I never said that he was performing at his best but I stand by my rating

Virtually the whole team including the manager had a bad day at the office on Saturday so it’s ridiculous to compare any players performance to last years game

I really couldn’t give a fuck that he had 7 sprints or whatever
Not many people apart from you do

Maybe that’s what Mick is trying to tell you but apology accepted

But you/we give a fuck about Spurs, and Kane’s performance has a big impact on Spurs. I just gave you a quantified example of his performance level being vastly down. It’s the same for his shots and goal scoring stats.

So whilst you and agent cooper can mud wrestle each other in your not give a fuckedness, I’m pretty sure quite a few people, fans, coaching staff, his team mates, maybe even himself, are probably giving a degree of fuck.

But you/we give a fuck about Spurs, and Kane’s performance has a big impact on Spurs. I just gave you a quantified example of his performance level being vastly down. It’s the same for his shots and goal scoring stats.

So whilst you and agent cooper can mud wrestle each other in your not give a fuckedness, I’m pretty sure quite a few people, fans, coaching staff, his team mates, maybe even himself, are probably giving a degree of fuck.

Only cravenspurs so far

You still can’t compare the two levels of performance as they were two vastly different games

So you wouldn’t play Harry tonight then??

And how do you know that Mick and I enjoy the odd mud wrestle??

Only cravenspurs so far

You still can’t compare the two levels of performance as they were two vastly different games

So you wouldn’t play Harry tonight then??

And how do you know that Mick and I enjoy the odd mud wrestle??

Yes, I would rest Kane tonight, or at best have him on the bench. I would rest him for longer, because I think we might as well have a 100% Son orAlli out there for two or three weeks if that meant we get 80-100% Kane for the rest of the season, instead of the 50% we’ve been getting for months.

It’s not just about his goal tally, a fit and firing Kane effects the whole dynamic of the team. The defence starts with him, the press starts with him, the fact that other teams are creating so many chances is partly because as a collective we’re not functioning properly, and Kane’s a huge part of that. When Kane’s in top nick, even when he’s not scoring he’s working.

Yes, I would rest Kane tonight, or at best have him on the bench. I would rest him for longer, because I think we might as well have a 100% Son orAlli out there for two or three weeks if that meant we get 80-100% Kane for the rest of the season, instead of the 50% we’ve been getting for months.

It’s not just about his goal tally, a fit and firing Kane effects the whole dynamic of the team. The defence starts with him, the press starts with him, the fact that other teams are creating so many chances is partly because as a collective we’re not functioning properly, and Kane’s a huge part of that. When Kane’s in top nick, even when he’s not scoring he’s working.

For me he starts tonight and gets rested this weekend

Back
Top Bottom