Liverpool away - 11th Feb - 1730hrs kick off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Too soon for him. Needs a couple of years on loan or in the squad as a luxury bit part player to field when we're three up. He seems to get bullied easily at the moment

Again, what's your proof of Edwards being bullied easily? I've never seen him bullied in the U21s and he's only played for us in friendlies, where he got a free kick everytime he was fouled and Gillingham who's players couldn't get anywhere near him?

Again, what's your proof of Edwards being bullied easily? I've never seen him bullied in the U21s and he's only played for us in friendlies, where he got a free kick everytime he was fouled and Gillingham who's players couldn't get anywhere near him?
Look how light he is on the ball. I'm sure he got an outing against Juve in the summer. Sure he has a fashionable Messi-esque style with the ball but it could not have been easier to take it off him. From that evidence alone, I'm happy to say: unless he improves his physical strength considerably, he's not got the makings of a top player.

When I called it with Onomah I was met with similar disgust. I expect to be unpopular for pouring cold water on the Messi with and Afro fantasy. Sonny Pike with an Afro might be more appropriate. As with Onomah, I hope I'm wrong.

Liverpool are shit, said it before, I'll say it again.

Like City, the worry for me is whether we turn up. I dont think City were amazing the other week, it was jittery Spurs that turned up.

Turn up on point at Anfield, and we win.

Did he just say 6 of the Liverpool team have played for the first team? It would be hard to pick out 6 top players from their side.

I think he said 7.

Alexander-Arnold
Joe Gomez
Woodburn
Ojo
Randall
Stewart
Wilson

Have all played for Liverpool's first team. I can only think Woodburn and Gomez will make it.

Look how light he is on the ball. I'm sure he got an outing against Juve in the summer. Sure he has a fashionable Messi-esque style with the ball but it could not have been easier to take it off him. From that evidence alone, I'm happy to say: unless he improves his physical strength considerably, he's not got the makings of a top player.

When I called it with Onomah I was met with similar disgust. I expect to be unpopular for pouring cold water on the Messi with and Afro fantasy. Sonny Pike with an Afro might be more appropriate. As with Onomah, I hope I'm wrong.

You can't seriously be writing off teenagers before they've even played a dozen games ? I believe Edwards is 17 or was when he played in the first team I think it's pretty obvious that his physical performance will improve given that at his age he's not even fully developed.

You can't seriously be writing off teenagers before they've even played a dozen games ? I believe Edwards is 17 or was when he played in the first team I think it's pretty obvious that his physical performance will improve given that at his age he's not even fully developed.
Not writing him off, just giving a reading of his ability that isn't blinkered by the wonderkid hysteria. I did the same with Onomah and people went daft. Unfortunately Onomah's meekness is not receding as he gets more time in the first team. Now supporters are turning against him. It's a shame that he's not great, but a bigger shame that we blindly build these kids up contrary to the evidence.

Edwards against decent (relevant) opposition does not make for good viewing, if one is being honest. A show pony without strength or end product.

I sincerely hope he develops but first team action is probably too soon for him now.

Going against a wounded team at their place without our best XI and formation? Expect a draw, hope for a win.

Liverpool defense is so poor, and they will play wide open, if we were better on the counter I'd be more confident.

Who would you rather have?

Good question. I rate Coutinho very highly, and Liverpool collapsed when he was injured (I still get the impression he is not 100% - great for us).

Normally I would say Coutinho because he is more experienced/older.

But Dele is unique because he is already playing like a seasoned pro, and he raises his game vs the big boys. So I'm very happy with what we've got.

Not writing him off, just giving a reading of his ability that isn't blinkered by the wonderkid hysteria. I did the same with Onomah and people went daft. Unfortunately Onomah's meekness is not receding as he gets more time in the first team. Now supporters are turning against him. It's a shame that he's not great, but a bigger shame that we blindly build these kids up contrary to the evidence.

Edwards against decent (relevant) opposition does not make for good viewing, if one is being honest. A show pony without strength or end product.

I sincerely hope he develops but first team action is probably too soon for him now.

I think judging a 17 year old boy on his strength in men's football is a nonsense.

Back
Top Bottom