Liverpool away - 11th Feb - 1730hrs kick off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If I was the manager of this Tottenham team I wouldn't park the bus in a million years , can't believe anybody would be in favour of this tactic , it doesn't work.

you still haven't answered the question!

IF it meant 3pts you'd take it though?

you still haven't answered the question!

IF it meant 3pts you'd take it though?

I'm never against tactical flexibility, and having a more defensive set-up against certain teams, at certain times, and for certain reasons, like key injuries.
But "park the bus" is a completely different proposition. It's alien to everything our club represents. It would be an identity crisis on such a massive scale that the continued existence of our very universe may be called into question.

I'm never against tactical flexibility, and having a more defensive set-up against certain teams, at certain times, and for certain reasons, like key injuries.
But "park the bus" is a completely different proposition. It's alien to everything our club represents. It would be an identity crisis on such a massive scale that the continued existence of our very universe may be called into question.

for the record our team would be incapable of doing it. couldnt even keep the ball in boro's half in the last minute yesterday.
so it's a moot point.

just that when push comes to shove you'd do whatever was necessary.

those 3pts could be the difference

Apparently, we haven't won a single game against them since November of 2012:

FRs2mlZ.png

Sad as fuck stat.
Time to smash them for all those years.

I wanna put five past them in revenge Brendan "Five Fingers" Rogers.

Fuck it, I want Poch to grow another finger so we can put six past em.

Call me a romantic, but I think "parking the bus" does work, and that's why Spurs and other teams with attacking, entertaining traditions are so crucial.
The history of football follows a cycle: entertaining sides win, then defensive, cynical sides break them down and dominate, at which point it takes a visionary like Arthur Rowe or the Dutch to develop new entertaining styles to start winning again.
Those cunts down the kings road won a shitload of trophies by parking the bus. And who can forget the glory days of 1-0 to the unmentionables!

again your answering a different question.

OK in answer to this absolutely ridiculous question which I think is

If you had a crystal ball and you knew the outcome of the the result depending on the performance would you A) win the match by playing 10 at the back or B) lose playing like Barcelona.

well obviously I'd choose guaranteed success.

meanwhile in the real world without the crystal ball I think we will surrender any chance of winning if we park the bus.

OK in answer to this absolutely ridiculous question which I think is

If you had a crystal ball and you knew the outcome of the the result depending on the performance would you A) win the match by playing 10 at the back or B) lose playing like Barcelona.

well obviously I'd choose guaranteed success.

meanwhile in the real world without the crystal ball I think we will surrender any chance of winning if we park the bus.

no need to get sarky sweetcheeks, i asked you a pretty fair question.
which you deliberately chose not to answer.

Back
Top Bottom