Liverpoo v Tottenham Hotspur - Premier League - 31.03.19.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’m good mate.

I know when I’ve nade my point stick.
It’s the moment people stop counter arguing their point and start talking about Sammy Sammy Sammy.

Every
Single
Time

People lack conviction and don’t like it when they are made to look rather silly.

If you wanted transfers last summer, then you must have wanted them in January

You all know this. That’s why you’ve all taken it off topic. Bless
I’ve no idea why you’re addressing this to me. Go re read my posts in Jan - I wanted signings more than anyone

The Liverpool game was shit for the most part, but the second half performance until we got our goals was the kind of stuff we saw a couple of seasons ago. The high-press football that is exciting to watch. Why have we pretty much stopped doing that?

Other than gaps in key positions, we lack an on-field leader who can literally drive the team forward almost through their personality. Lloris can't do it from GK. Kane can't do it from the front. We need someone in the middle of the field. I was hoping Dier could do it. Maybe Winks?

Other than gaps in key positions, we lack an on-field leader who can literally drive the team forward almost through their personality. Lloris can't do it from GK. Kane can't do it from the front. We need someone in the middle of the field. I was hoping Dier could do it. Maybe Winks?
Lloris doesnt have a personality.

If you wanted transfers last summer, then you must have wanted them in January

No (for about the 50th time).

You buy in the Summer and (barring emergencies) there's no need to buy in January. This has been explained about a hundred times and you can't seem to grasp it!

If you insist on buying in January, then buy and loan back so that the new signing does not cause disruption to a squad/team that is facing crucial post-Christmas games. You can't just parachute a new player into the squad into those post-Christmas games, they're all 'must-win'.

However this has been explained a hundred times...

No more!

Sammy Sammy Sammy Sammy

Nothing about Spurs

Again

Yeah I need to get out more.....but you’re the one all hurt and personally offended by some tit on a football forum. Sounds like you need counseling as I ruined your life.

Now that’s tragic....go get help if you really think this place is that serious. Dick head
You're a child.

My brethren in the North... I know we have been going through a terrible spell of late and has dropped the entire moral in here and around the world (I'm from South Africa) bit do not despair. We MUST continue to believe and dream of a great future. IMO poch has got to reflect and take stock of himself. The way has been setting up the team lately has been very very questionable. We have lost our spark and fire in possession especially going forward. And this is on him. Too defensively. At the end of the day we will get what we deserve. Players need to step up now and show what this club means to them.

COYS!!!

No (for about the 50th time).

You buy in the Summer and (barring emergencies) there's no need to buy in January. This has been explained about a hundred times and you can't seem to grasp it!

If you insist on buying in January, then buy and loan back so that the new signing does not cause disruption to a squad/team that is facing crucial post-Christmas games. You can't just parachute a new player into the squad into those post-Christmas games, they're all 'must-win'.

However this has been explained a hundred times...

No more!
January was an emergency

If we'd replaced Dembele, shipped out the dead wood and brought in a couple of prospects in Summer 2018, then no.

The situation was caused by the lack of Summer 2018 business.

Buy in summer, not January.
So......if we replaced Dembele and shipped out the deadwood and brought in a couple of prospects it would have been ok?

But we didn’t.

It makes no difference whether mistakes were made in the summer.
We had the chance to rectify them and put it right with another window and save the season.

Mistakes were made in January and they’ve proven to be fairly fatal ones. And there are no more windows to stop us playing EL football next season.

Last edited:
Yaaaawwwwn

Well so far there’s Eriksen and Trippier....probably Kane and Son too.

So 4.....to be as good as me, you should back more than 4 players

Do I have to love all the players I back unconditionally, jizz over their 2 minute youtube highlights and whatnot, even when those highlights are actually a bit meh, or can I just like them a bit, sometimes, be a bit annoyed with them sometimes with a soupçon of ambivalence at other times ?

mikes01666 and sammyspurs sammyspurs could we stop going around in circles here. I've read your argument over the last pages and can summarise it in the following way:

Mike believes that in an ideal scenario we should make signings in the summer, rather than in January.

Sammy believes that, seeing as we did not make any signings last summer, we should have got players in during the January transfer window.

Really don't see why this point is being debated over so many posts, quite simple really. While Mike is talking more about how we should act in general, Sammy is focussed solely on the isolated cases of the last two transfer windows.

Think we're all on the same page here. We all would like to bring in players when they can get the ideal preparation to be integrated in to the squad in the best possible way, sometimes, due to the circumstances we have to act differently.

Do I have to love all the players I back unconditionally, jizz over their 2 minute youtube highlights and whatnot, even when those highlights are actually a bit meh, or can I just like them a bit, sometimes, be a bit annoyed with them sometimes with a soupçon of ambivalence at other times ?
Depends what the graph tells you to think I guess

mikes01666 and sammyspurs sammyspurs could we stop going around in circles here. I've read your argument over the last pages and can summarise it in the following way:

Mike believes that in an ideal scenario we should make signings in the summer, rather than in January.

Sammy believes that, seeing as we did not make any signings last summer, we should have got players in during the January transfer window.

Really don't see why this point is being debated over so many posts, quite simple really. While Mike is talking more about how we should act in general, Sammy is focussed solely on the isolated cases of the last two transfer windows.

Think we're all on the same page here. We all would like to bring in players when they can get the ideal preparation to be integrated in to the squad in the best possible way, sometimes, due to the circumstances we have to act differently.
Agreed

#stop4cripps

Back
Top Bottom