Liverpoo v Tottenham Hotspur - Premier League - 31.03.19.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have listed players signed in January and you have used that list to claim in supports your view that players are only signed in the summer.

You’re either a troll or mentally ill

I claimed nothing of the sort. Your list to support your argument contained VvD (granted, a massive success), Sanchez (!) and a few others. My list had such successes as Carroll, Torres etc (all duds)

Buy in the Summer not in January is my proposal, which I shall always stand by (interestingly a view held by our current manager - thank you to the other poster)

As for being mentally ill...

So if we signed his replacement in January we’d be worse off than we are now?

If we signed Ronaldo in January it wouldn’t help because it wasn’t the summer?
Are you a spastic?
Genuine question
I'm afraid I lost my crystal ball at the weekend, so have no idea. We should have signed Dembele's replacement in Summer 18 as I've said on about 10 occasions.

I've no idea where Ronaldo came from!

I think you'll find that word is extremely offensive to the mentally ill and has no part in a public football forum.

As for you posing genuine questions... well, I could write a book.

Yeah, I hear ye but in the MF is where the most technical ability is needed not to mention defensive awareness. Neither of which he has or is likely to get.

take a look at this and there is no explanation for this touch. It is abysmal and it leads to a break where they could have scored if Salah wasn't so greedy. Toby did a decent job but didn't fully deny the passing lane (probably because he was concerned with salah's speed but he still should have denied the lane and forced the very 1 footed Salah to his right).

Can't embed so here's the link

I think people just don't see the very real harm his play has for us. And then don't realize what a fundamentally sound player would do in his stead. I'm thinking WAR type stuff here and does his play actually justify his position. A real MF knows that that is a place that you just cannot lose the ball there, under no circumstances. Last year there were multiple times he futzed around with the ball around the center circle and got dispossessed leading to goals. A real MF know you cannot lose the ball there and you sure as shit shouldn't lose it trying an unnecessary meg or other move. And if you do take the yellow.

Dele is 'comfortable' receiving the ball in 1 place and that is the left half-space. I don't know how that would help our MF.

Indeed that is a horrible touch. I do think we can find that same touch for Modric, Kroos and others if we wanted to. Errors are part of every players game and he def has had his share of some horrible mishaps. Eriksen also had a horrible touch in attack that they countered off, which means nothing other than that, it happens.

I do think one of his best games for us was last year when we wailed on Liverpool. He was on the left side of a 433. We dominated that game and I wonder why Poch doesn't do more of that.

As for the CM debate, I also think his most sound games were when he first came and was in a CM2. He still had his goals and kept it rather simple.

To each their own though. I guess my real point is that he is not someone we should be looking to move or really upgrade on. We have bigger needs.

To each their own though. I guess my real point is that he is not someone we should be looking to move or really upgrade on. We have bigger needs.
Agreed, big time.

By any chance did you catch the Sevilla-Valencia match this weekend? Two of my favorite all-around MFs in that game with Banega (ex-Valencia) and Parejo (Valencia capt). I hadn't seen it as it was right before Spurs but I found a link and queued it up for tonight's entertainment.

No the table from this calendar year shows that the January window was a disaster due to injuries and the sale of Dembele not being addressed.

Up to New Years we were 5pts off top, beating Everton 6-2 away, about 15pts above Utd and about 7pts above Woolwich and Chelsea.

We were in all the cups and had a semi final coming up after beating scum away.
Things were good. The summer window had been vindicated.

The January window has helped with the demise of our team due to injuries and form that have come about during the course of the season. And the sale of a player....in January.

It’s that simple and you can all pretend it’s not the case, but we all know you’re pretending you don’t get it don’t we

For crying out loud just accept we needed to do all that in the summer. You talk about the semi final but had we bought a replacement for Kane IN THE SUMMER, could we have won the semi, or the final? Could we have beaten palace in the fa cup? Maybe all those games took their toll? Maybe a bigger or better squad would make a difference. Maybe it would make players try harder to keep their place. Yes it was needed in Jan but if we didn't sign anyone in the fucking summer, would our targets be any more available in Jan or cost any less then compared to the summer. Things being good first half of the season doesn't mean a thing. Season ends in may. Ours appears to have ended already!

Agreed, big time.

By any chance did you catch the Sevilla-Valencia match this weekend? Two of my favorite all-around MFs in that game with Banega (ex-Valencia) and Parejo (Valencia capt). I hadn't seen it as it was right before Spurs but I found a link and queued it up for tonight's entertainment.

I didn't see it, but have been a Banega fan for years. bus-conductor bus-conductor can vouch for my unwavering desire to see him in the Lily white.

I haven't seen Parejo so can't say anything about him. If we could get Ever for his final years, I would be a happy camper as his type of game ages well.

I didn't see it, but have been a Banega fan for years. bus-conductor bus-conductor can vouch for my unwavering desire to see him in the Lily white.

I haven't seen Parejo so can't say anything about him. If we could get Ever for his final years, I would be a happy camper as his type of game ages well.

I can indeed. But with the problems we have had with fitness of midfielders, I really don't think a veteran, even a quality one, would be a prudent move.

I’ve been quoted over 40 times today, what’s it got to do with you if I answer people?

Why are you quoting me?
Stick to the subject or don’t quote me.....what is this an online intervention?
I’ll post as much as I want....don’t like it, then don’t ask me questions.
That just makes you a moron.
Stick to the subject, fuck me there is no subject with you just endless drivel and arguments. You ruin every thread on here with your bickering with anyone who will bite-its fucking pathetic.

"I've been quoted 40 times today" lol whatever gets your pecker up mate work away, thats me ignoring you now-it'll save me half an hour of sifting through inane bollocks every day at least.
You need to get out more

Sammy has been one of the best contributors to this forum for about 8 years.

You'd do well to remember that.

Without people like him here from the very start, you wouldn't have a forum to post on.
Yeah hes a real hero-open to others opinions and up for healthy discussions alright, exactly what forums need.

tenor.gif

Yeah hes a real hero-open to others opinions and up for healthy discussions alright, exactly what forums need.
You don't have to be a hero to be a valued member of a forum.

I just think it's a bit bollocks people who average a couple of posts a week telling those that contribute significantly what the forum is, what is best for it and how others should use it. Especially when one of those posts is telling another how to post.

Be the change you want to see.

You don't have to be a hero to be a valued member of a forum.

I just think it's a bit bollocks people who average a couple of posts a week telling those that contribute significantly what the forum is, what is best for it and how others should use it. Especially when one of those posts is telling another how to post.

Be the change you want to see.
I was on here a few years ago a lot and posters like that drove me away-I couldn't be arsed arguing with someone over utter bullshit and being called a cunt for my troubles when all I want to do on a spurs forum is talk about spurs with other fans.
Negativity and aggressiveness aimed at you for posting something on a football forum is pathetic-8 years of posting said shite doesn't make him any better a fan than me. Sammy must have a lot of time on his hands and he posts his opinions as if they are fact, he thinks hes mr tottenham and the internet is full of people who think the same about themselves.
He can't get on that way in real life cos he would be having his jaw wired on a regular basis so he does it online.
Its fucking tedious IMO

I was on here a few years ago a lot and posters like that drove me away-I couldn't be arsed arguing with someone over utter bullshit and being called a cunt for my troubles when all I want to do on a spurs forum is talk about spurs with other fans.
Negativity and aggressiveness aimed at you for posting something on a football forum is pathetic-8 years of posting said shite doesn't make him any better a fan than me. Sammy must have a lot of time on his hands and he posts his opinions as if they are fact, he thinks hes mr tottenham and the internet is full of people who think the same about themselves.
He can't get on that way in real life cos he would be having his jaw wired on a regular basis so he does it online.
Its fucking tedious IMO
Plenty of other forum that offer exactly that.

If you've been on here for years, you know what this place is.

No one has mentioned anything about being a better fan. But a contributor to a forum.

Trust me, this place has little to do with being a supporter.

Its fucking tedious IMO
Sammy Sammy Sammy Sammy

Nothing about Spurs

Again

Yeah I need to get out more.....but you’re the one all hurt and personally offended by some tit on a football forum. Sounds like you need counseling as I ruined your life.

Now that’s tragic....go get help if you really think this place is that serious. Dick head

The Liverpool game was shit for the most part, but the second half performance until we got our goals was the kind of stuff we saw a couple of seasons ago. The high-press football that is exciting to watch. Why have we pretty much stopped doing that?

Sammy gone turbo again - bless his socks
I’m good mate.

I know when I’ve nade my point stick.
It’s the moment people stop counter arguing their point and start talking about Sammy Sammy Sammy.

Every
Single
Time

People lack conviction and don’t like it when they are made to look rather silly.

If you wanted transfers last summer, then you must have wanted them in January

You all know this. That’s why you’ve all taken it off topic. Bless

Back
Top Bottom