Liverpoo v Tottenham Hotspur - Premier League - 31.03.19.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

---------------------------------------------------Lloris-------------------------------------------------------
---------------------Alderweireld----------Vertonghen------------Davies--------------------------
------Aurier-------------------------------------Dier----------------------------------Rose--------
------------------------Sissoko------------------Alli------------------Eriksen-----------------------
---------------------------------------------------Kane----------------------------------------------

Subs : Gazzaniga, Sanchez, Trippier, Winks, Lamela, Moura, Son.

:smesh:

Lloris
Trippier Alderweireld Vertonghen Davies
Dier Winks
Eriksen Alli Son
Kane

Let’s go back to what we know works. It’s a bit harsh to drop Sissoko but his limited ability to play football is starting to hurt us when opponents play aggressively against us and get in his face. Rose and Davinson have to be dropped after the equaliser against Southampton. Jan is lucky that he isn’t dropped too, but that mistake was out of character for him.

Lloris
Trippier Alderweireld Vertonghen Davies
Dier Winks
Eriksen Alli Son
Kane

1-1

But this won't happen and Poch will use the diamond again and we get fucked. 3-1.

Lloris
Alderweireld, Sanchez, Vertonghen
Aurier, Sissoko, Dier , Eriksen, Davies
Dele
Kane

If we use a diamond they will murder us on the flanks. Need to be tactically sound in our decision making. Dele needs to drop back when defending similar to Son against Dortmund to make it a 5-4-1

Son, Lucas, Lamela, Llorente can come off the bench if needed. Winks, Trippier, and Gazzaniga to round out the subs.

Wouldn't be against us lining up and performing how we did against Dortmund to be honest.

Lloris
Aurier - Toby - Sanchez - Jan - Rose
Eriksen - Sissoko - Dele - Son
Kane
Have all five of those defenders stay tight and all of those midfielders compact and make it hard for Liverpool to break us down.

It worked incredibly well against a Dortmund side and without a true creator in the Liverpool midfield, I think it'd work very well against them too.

Sissoko powering through from midfield when needed. Son using his pace outwide and Aurier and Rose picking their moments to get forward instead of staying upfield.

We simply can't be as stubborn as we've been at Anfield in the past, especially without a Dembele in there to help us beat the press like he has in the past.

Both teams have something to fight for. It's highly likely Liverpool will be back in 2nd place come kick off and it is possible we could be in 6th so we have just as much to play for.

I think we COULD get something if we are smart, patient and take our chances. Won't be easy and will likely be a tough watch but hey, anythings possible.

COYS

Wouldn't be against us lining up and performing how we did against Dortmund to be honest.

Lloris
Aurier - Toby - Sanchez - Jan - Rose
Eriksen - Sissoko - Dele - Son
Kane
Have all five of those defenders stay tight and all of those midfielders compact and make it hard for Liverpool to break us down.

It worked incredibly well against a Dortmund side and without a true creator in the Liverpool midfield, I think it'd work very well against them too.

Sissoko powering through from midfield when needed. Son using his pace outwide and Aurier and Rose picking their moments to get forward instead of staying upfield.

We simply can't be as stubborn as we've been at Anfield in the past, especially without a Dembele in there to help us beat the press like he has in the past.

Both teams have something to fight for. It's highly likely Liverpool will be back in 2nd place come kick off and it is possible we could be in 6th so we have just as much to play for.

I think we COULD get something if we are smart, patient and take our chances. Won't be easy and will likely be a tough watch but hey, anythings possible.

COYS
We can't be sixth though, Woolwich won't play until the Monday. 5th worst possible?

Cannot really look at team selections until we know who has got back safely from International duty and who is injured or suffering after a long journey. Either way I have been let down so much in this fixture dating back to the sixties when liverpool got promoted to the top league. Cannot expect anything but the worst and will be more than happy with a draw even if we have to park the bus as against dortmund.

We can turn around our season AGAIN, with a win. Everything is possible. They aren't that much better.
They are on form and we aren't. I am fed up from ppl talking big. I will take a point now.

We have only beaten Liverpool ONCE in the PL since 2013 home and away. Lost 8 times and drawn 3 times. Very poor record.

We had better record against Liverpool in the 80s when we had Mabbut, Sedgly, Howel, Ian walker, Gary steven, Paul Allen, Robert, Ardilles, Hodds, Hazard, Falcao and ofcourse Mr P ( Mrs Perryman Mrs Perryman ) and co.

Last edited:
Anfield is a fortress couldn't even remember last time they lost had to google it, the last time liverpool lost at home in premier league was april 2017 to Crystal Palace.

Best we can hope for is a point based our last result there not on our current form because our current form in PL is diabolical.

Anfield is a fortress couldn't even remember last time they lost had to google it, the last time liverpool lost at home in premier league was april 2017 to Crystal Palace.

Best we can hope for is a point based our last result there not on our current form because our current form in PL is diabolical.

S'funny.... My take away from that stat was slightly different.

p.s. We haven't lost at WHL in circa 3yrs. :angryscouser:

Back
Top Bottom