Liverpoo v Tottenham Hotspur - Premier League - 31.03.19.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know it's still ages until the match but where do people tend to drink in Liverpool before a match? This 3 week break is turning out to be quite painful and I need something to look forward to.:pochfacepalm:

I hate Liverpool and there’s no hiding that....But it shouldn’t be about them, it should be about us. Our top 4 hopes are hanging in the balance, our biggest rivals are celebrating like they are having the season of their lives...whoopee, they have a chance to get back in the top 4 after years in exile, they are in the 1/4 finals of Europe’s booby prize and they think we are a joke right now....So let’s not win this to derail Liverpool’s title hopes like a deranged Chelsea team, let’s do it for our own fucking badge, let’s rescue this season lads, and move into the new Lane with a positive end to the season.....COYS

Now a free game in many respects.

I'd like to see us probe Liverpools weaknesses. They need a win, we need to be artful and focus our game plan on the fact 3 points is more vital for them than it is for us. Time waste, milk injuries to prolong the stops in play, frustrate the crowd and their players, get them biting their fingernails, get them steaming and their minds a little scattered and panicking and once the doubt starts creeping in, counter and take our chances.

The one thing we cannot do is not play backs to the wall. If we go in as nonchalant as we've seen some of our defending been we may as well not turn up. Got to go into it taking as much satisfaction getting 3 points as we do stopping them from getting 3. Shithousery required as it exploits their weakness in desperation moreso.

Time to grow up and do a thoroughly professional job on them in every department.

No experiments with the back line, experience a must against their little know me down with a feather front line....
No farting about in midfield, move the ball “forward” quickly...
Kane, just shoot shoot shoot!!

Lloris
Aurier
Alderweireld
Vertonghen
Davies
Dier
Winks
Dele
Eriksen
Son
Kane

Gazzaniga
Trippier
Sanchez
Rose
Sissoko
Lamela
Llorente

A little harsh on Wanyama, Foyth, Lucas etc to not make the squad but it's all about 3 points and I think this is the strongest squad and options we can have going into this one. Touch and go if I should go for Lucas or Llorente, I just feel more comfortable with Fernando coming off the bench if we need added height to attack or defend set pieces.

Feeling weirdly optimistic now about this, if the players have anything about them they'll be well up for this one.
Yeah same, it’s weird because our form is telling me that it’s a nailed on loss, but something in me is telling me that we will get a result out of one of the city and Liverpool games and if it’s going to be one t will probably be at Anfield, city are just streaks ahead.

This is a free hit, the shackles should be off, we are playing “the greatest team the work has ever seen” who have already won the league and who are looking forward to the semi final against Barca in the CL, they are on a great run at home, but the thing is we love how this team likes to end winning runs, for once the whole country barring a few thousand theving bastards will acutally be behind us, as if we win this not only will we be doing our own top 4 hopes a favour we will be doing the whole world a favour by putting a huge dent in there title chances, this is one of the biggest games in a while I remember as a spurs fan! I feel like this is the game we can turn our season around, VVD showed yesterday he has a mistake in him, Kane and Dele need to expose that again, the 4-1 at Wembley was not a fluke, more of the same please! We got this! :tobyarm:

Plus Suarez is a racist cunt and they all came out supporting HIM. If I was racist at work I’d be sacked. And struggle to find work. And also be a terrible human being.

Fucking cunts the lot of them.
We had Jonathan Woodgate, also a racist and convicted criminal, but we bought him knowing who he was. We can beat them with other sticks but not the supporting a racist cunt one.

I'd like to see us probe Liverpools weaknesses. They need a win, we need to be artful and focus our game plan on the fact 3 points is more vital for them than it is for us. Time waste, milk injuries to prolong the stops in play, frustrate the crowd and their players, get them biting their fingernails, get them steaming and their minds a little scattered and panicking and once the doubt starts creeping in, counter and take our chances.

The one thing we cannot do is not play backs to the wall. If we go in as nonchalant as we've seen some of our defending been we may as well not turn up. Got to go into it taking as much satisfaction getting 3 points as we do stopping them from getting 3. Shithousery required as it exploits their weakness in desperation moreso.

Time to grow up and do a thoroughly professional job on them in every department.

Would be nice but you know the likely story.

Either we start brightly and then gift them a goal or they start quickly and we panic.

We should now be mature enough to be able to know ALL or most of the pressure is on Liverpool but we are mentally weak.

And until we show we are collectively able I hold little hope in such moments.

But Chelsea losing means 15 points and they have to probably get at least 19 from 8 games, and United now the same unless we get spanked by Liverpool or City.

5 wins from 8 will be enough I feel. 16 points most definitely.

Last edited:
Would be nice but you know the likely story.

Either we start brightly and then gift them a goal or they start quickly and we panic.

We should now be mature enough to be able to know ALL or most of the pressure is on Liverpool but we are mentally weak.

And until we show we are collectively able I hold little hope in such moments.

Buy Chelsea losing means 15 points and they have to probably get at least 19 from 8 games, and United now the same unless we get spanked by Liverpool or City.

5 wins from 8 will be enough I feel. 16 points most definitely.

5 home wins at the new place it is then

Back
Top Bottom