Liverpoo v Tottenham Hotspur - Premier League - 31.03.19.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bit like the anti-bullying tactics at school?

...Nah, the reality is puny kid still get's ruffed up and goes home hungry.

Genuinely pleased for you if it doesn't get on your tits, but it's not merely social media... Press/TV, social media and face-to-face in actual life alike; probably ten-fold if you live in London... Bottom line it helps keep the meme alive.

Call me romantic, but I welcome the idea of places like this - i.e. amongst our own - and especially the terraces, being a bit of a shelter; rest-bite from shite like that. Sadly, there's approaching as much din and dirge amongst our own these days as there is 'outside'...
Take a look at the Southampton match thread, some seriously whiny shithouses on there, mostly yanks and plastic Begbie

C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg
Pot calling other pot 'pot'.

Genuinely pleased for you if it doesn't get on your tits, but it's not merely social media... Press/TV, social media and face-to-face in actual life alike; probably ten-fold if you live in London... Bottom line it helps keep the meme alive

The Meme won't die, other clubs have their own. Woolwich have the 4th meme, Liverpool have 'this is our year' and so on.

I'm not going to perpetuate it, when I see it online you have to laugh it off because most of the time it's dingbats that don't even live in this country and the only way they can show support for 'their' club is to take part in the awful banter that shitty accounts like oddsbible and benchwarmers shit out.

In real life people don't bother to even start the 'bottler' banter with me because I'll just shut it down with the fact that how can we even 'bottle' a title race we were never leading - but now losing a game is 'bottling it' because most football fans have the IQ of a baked spud.

I still think there is a mental weakness in the squad, and some of it comes from the fans, you can feel the nervousness in the stands. In the games against Madrid, Man Utd and Liverpool at home last season, the place was absolutely buzzing and we absolutely smashed it on the pitch. It must make some difference to the players.

Wouldn't be against us lining up and performing how we did against Dortmund to be honest.

Lloris
Aurier - Toby - Sanchez - Jan - Rose
Eriksen - Sissoko - Dele - Son
Kane
Have all five of those defenders stay tight and all of those midfielders compact and make it hard for Liverpool to break us down.

It worked incredibly well against a Dortmund side and without a true creator in the Liverpool midfield, I think it'd work very well against them too.

Sissoko powering through from midfield when needed. Son using his pace outwide and Aurier and Rose picking their moments to get forward instead of staying upfield.

We simply can't be as stubborn as we've been at Anfield in the past, especially without a Dembele in there to help us beat the press like he has in the past.

Both teams have something to fight for. It's highly likely Liverpool will be back in 2nd place come kick off and it is possible we could be in 6th so we have just as much to play for.

I think we COULD get something if we are smart, patient and take our chances. Won't be easy and will likely be a tough watch but hey, anythings possible.

COYS
I agree about tactics. IMO if we go toe-to-toe with them and do the high intensity press with two at the back and two wing backs, and the wing backs playing far forward, they will outdo us with it. Their wing backs are faster than ours for one thing. And if we play 3 centre backs with the same system they will have an extra man in midfield. A more defensive approach with attacks on the counter would be advisable.

Back
Top Bottom