LIVE! Spurs v Anderlecht (1984 UEFA Cup Final) #TheLaneTheFinale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I was in the Paxton behind the goal - absolutely rammed. What a momentous match. You could cut the atmosphere with a knife (probably due to all the spliff fumes floating by, lol!). "One Danny Thomas, there's only one Danny Thomas"..

You can see subtle changes in commentary. Nowadays commentators and co-comentators are so always say "he should have scored" or "Must score from there". Nothing from Moore or Clough, in fact Clough acknowledged "it's difficult". The effect of this means the players get abuse for failing to score. Hence the rage that now exists in the stands and online match threads.

Anyway, love this coms duo, so much better than nowadays. (I'm sounding like my Dad ain't I?).

You can see subtle changes in commentary. Nowadays commentators and co-comentators are so always say "he should have scored" or "Must score from there". Nothing from Moore or Clough, in fact Clough acknowledged "it's difficult". The effect of this means the players get abuse for failing to score. Hence the rage that now exists in the stands and online match threads.

Anyway, love this coms duo, so much better than nowadays. (I'm sounding like my Dad ain't I?).
I think Moore was one of the best ever.

Think this game or maybe the semi were the first time we introduced "category A" prices.

Fucking hell cant we beat a shitty Belgian team ffs

Burkinshaw OUT, this is shit. No silverwear for 2 years when we get done by this mob. Tony Parks in goal too fucking hell...we are rubbish tonight. Dreading penalties with that muppet in goal.

never in doubt.. sorry I wasn't posting on here... was actually at the game. Typical melters? Gooner maggot multis?

Fucking hell cant we beat a shitty Belgian team ffs

Burkinshaw OUT, this is shit. No silverwear for 2 years when we get done by this mob. Tony Parks in goal too fucking hell...we are rubbish tonight. Dreading penalties with that muppet in goal.

Don't worry I am ITK and I have heard Burkinshaw will be gone within the month

Back
Top Bottom