Lionesses

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

actually - you don't get to tell me what I can do, or not.

Its an opinion, based on watching games recently - to see how things are progressing in women's football. As I said it's undoubtedly better than it was, but the standard is light years away from the men's game. I have no issues with you watching it and enjoying it, and if that satisfies your need to watch football then - that's up to you. Personally I'd rather watch re-runs of 70's, 80's and 90's games, than watch the best of women's football in the 2020's.

It will never happen - but the proof would be for an elite women's team to compete in a men's league, which I believe would prove the point.

Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, has compared the standard of womens game with the men's game in this thread and said they're on an equal basis. You're literally the only one as far as as I can see, whose made that comparison.

Nobody has said they're on an equal footing lol.

You don't like it, some of us do. That's it.

As for your comment in bold, well there's no point to prove, so what in the fifty shades of grey are you on about. Nobody thinks women's teams can (or should) compete with mens.

They are two very different games, played in very different ways.

IMO - it's because women's tennis is at an elite level for their physiology, and is therefore interesting to watch. My only complaint being that it's rare that there are close matches, most seem to involve a big collapse by one player or another.

Yes I was brought up on Billie Jean King, Evert, Navratilova, Wade etc

Not the same now but will still watch it

Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, has compared the standard of womens game with the men's game in this thread and said they're on an equal basis. You're literally the only one as far as as I can see, whose made that comparison.

Nobody has said they're on an equal footing lol.

You don't like it, some of us do. That's it.

As for your comment in bold, well there's no point to prove, so what in the fifty shades of grey are you on about. Nobody thinks women's teams can (or should) compete with mens.

They are two very different games, played in very different ways.
Who said I didn't like it?
Fit women running around getting sweaty - what's not to like?

๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚

edit - smiley added for the people who don't recognise someone making a joke when they see one

Last edited:
Yes I was brought up on Billie Jean King, Evert, Navratilova, Wade etc

Not the same now but will still watch it
Yes, its evolved since then, the game has more finesse and style than a lot of men's games - which went through a really boring powerhouse stage of three shot rallies and 130 Mph serves. The mens game has almost returned to the Ken Rosewall approach.

Best improvement is the demise of the annoying screeching and grunting

although I can think of some other ways that I'd like to make Maria Sharapova scream

actually

"but I'm watching them play the Dutch and they've just scored a goal that was a thing of beauty. A move like that would have been a contender for goal of the season in the PL."

actually

"but I'm watching them play the Dutch and they've just scored a goal that was a thing of beauty. A move like that would have been a contender for goal of the season in the PL."

Erm yes?

Thatโ€™s not saying the two games are equal at all ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

All heโ€™s said there is that the goal was brilliant and wouldnโ€™t look out of place on the pl goal of the month.

Heโ€™s not saying theyโ€™d fucking score that goal against a mens side.

Watch the goal, itโ€™s excellent.

So no, not โ€˜actuallyโ€™ at all.

Come now Mick, I know youโ€™re more intelligent than that.

Erm yes?

Thatโ€™s not saying the two games are equal at all ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

All heโ€™s said there is that the goal was brilliant and wouldnโ€™t look out of place on the pl goal of the month.

Heโ€™s not saying theyโ€™d fucking score that goal against a mens side.

Watch the goal, itโ€™s excellent.

So no, not โ€˜actuallyโ€™ at all.

Come now Mick, I know youโ€™re more intelligent than that.
Had it said it was worthy of Goal of the month in the WSL - then I wouldn't have posted, as I'm sure it was

lets move on - shall we?

Had it said it was worthy of Goal of the month in the WSL - then I wouldn't have posted, as I'm sure it was

lets move on - shall we?

You don't get the point and have misread the op completely. It's fine to admit when you're wrong you know! But never mind.

So fine, lets move on. I already had anyway.

Yes, its evolved since then, the game has more finesse and style than a lot of men's games - which went through a really boring powerhouse stage of three shot rallies and 130 Mph serves. The mens game has almost returned to the Ken Rosewall approach.

Best improvement is the demise of the annoying screeching and grunting

although I can think of some other ways that I'd like to make Maria Sharapova scream

One of the first big servers that I can remember in the 70s was Roscoe Tanner

He actually reached 4 in the rankings despite only really having a big serv but yes he made the game boring

Loved Nastase, McEnroe, Borg and Connors era but I thought the Murray Djokovic matches were excellent

One of the first big servers that I can remember in the 70s was Roscoe Tanner

He actually reached 4 in the rankings despite only really having a big serv but yes he made the game boring

Loved Nastase, McEnroe, Borg and Connors era but I thought the Murray Djokovic matches were excellent
Stan Smith..... Yawn

Was that the year of the strike ...when tennis players refused to play at wimbledon because they didnt get paid ?

Could be mate

Iโ€™d forgotten about that

Was convinced Nastase would win and he fucked it up

Back
Top Bottom