Levy's Mind Games

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This one is for all those psychology majors.

This search for a new manager got me thinking. Has Levy got someone lined up? Obviously. But does he really?

I saw that news story where AVB has apparently thrown his hat into the ring, which some here have indicated might actually mean that AVB hasn't been contacted by Spurs yet, meaning he was never top of the list. This theory says that the odds are short on AVB merely so that betting companies make more money.

BUT might it be possible that Levy has just mind-fucked AVB into being the one to make the first move? Thereby putting Spurs in a better bargaining position? And more than this, also making AVB the supplicant and forever-bitch of THFC? I'd like to see Levy have a crack at the World Chess Championships.

So I guess my real questions is: who do I bet on!?

Yeah I suppose that's an interesting thought, the thing is though, AVB being out of work, I don't know how much Levy would stand to gain by not making the first move, but then again he is clearly good at getting the best value he can, so you could be right. I guess though this would also necessitate having a second choice. I mean, you wouldn't gamble like that without another manager in mind - and it would have to be someone you were still satisfied justified sacking Arry.

I suppose Levy can gauge reaction through stories released first. It's got to be worth knowing a manager wants to come, rather than needing to coerce someone by offering more money than in necessary.

Come to think of it, how was Harry appointed? Was it a case of just fire Ramos and see who pops up, or was Harry a definite target?
We courted Harry, no? Maybe now is just more of a buyer's market.

Feed some ITK info saying stuff about AVB. Journo picks up on it an asks AVB.

Job done.

Often wondered how much the club purposely leaks to either let stuff gather momentum or to distract from what is really going on

from what i've discovered, from my 6 months or so in the forum. when there are few conflicting posts and you start getting lots of people saying the same thing and the bookies on it as well. i'm pretty sure AVB will be the next manager

yeh but they got harry right its all hit and miss, plus lets stay calm, the transfer window isn't even open yet so "well, its all swings and roundabouts" :harryhmm:

When Villas-Boas' odds were 2/1 I tweeted: "Villas-Boas is 2/1, I'm telling you right now that is easy money #ITK if you put a fiver on it now and it loses, I'll refund your bet."

Only two people did it, and I was being deadly serious. Odds now 1/5.

Back
Top Bottom