Levy out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy Out?

• Yes

• No

• Not sure. On the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Well we have won trophies under them but I know what you mean mate, we will never win big trophies imo and right now it doesn't even look like we will win any full stop.

I think some people are content with us just being considered a "top club" and having a big shiny stadium because it's a nice day out and it's better than it ever has been before.

The bar is set so low that to these people ENIC and Levy look like gods amongst men, the idea of us having different owners puts the fear in them "We could do a Leeds" being the most overused and idiotic comment I have seen.

Our owners, our manager and our players are not the club, the club existed before them and will exist after them, being afraid to change will be the end of this club and will be the start of the full transition to the "brand" which suits ENIC perfectly.
I agree. If enic & levy went, I wouldn't be bothered. I don't think it would be the guaranteed doom that many suggest. I'd happily roll the dice with new owners.

Of course we have to gain, that's the whole purpose of new signings to improve the squad.

I like city the way they do signings, early and quiet , you don't hear rumours in the media, no haggling, no last minute dramas, signings make immediate impact on the team, max spent on each player £50m very reasonable. They know what they want and they go and get it without delay.

We missed on good players because of unnecessary haggling, the likes of Grealish, Zaha, Berkley and many more.

Buy once buy well.
Buy cheap buy twice.
Zaha is rubbish, Moura is much better. Barkley chose Chelsea, Villa wanted too much money, either way I don’t think they are good enough.

Zaha is rubbish, Moura is much better. Barkley chose Chelsea, Villa wanted too much money, either way I don’t think they are good enough.
not sure if Moura is better than Zaha, but Levy was expecting a debt ridden Villa to take a cheap offer, but once villa were taken over they had no need to sell cheaply
Levy thinks he's a great deal maker because he can get desperate owners sell cheap, but when they don't sell he looks like fool

I agree. If enic & levy went, I wouldn't be bothered. I don't think it would be the guaranteed doom that many suggest. I'd happily roll the dice with new owners.
I wouldn't mind new owners but given the amount the club is going to cost whoever fancies buying they're almost inevitably going to be some extremely shady motherfuckers. If we ended up owned by Saudi Arabia, for example, I'm not sure to what extent I could continue supporting this incarnation of the club.

remember much of the club's value is debt, the stadium is full of debt
lots of the players have no value as their contracts are nearly expired
I can't see any middle eastern business buying us with our "links" the Jewish side

not sure if Moura is better than Zaha, but Levy was expecting a debt ridden Villa to take a cheap offer, but once villa were taken over they had no need to sell cheaply
Levy thinks he's a great deal maker because he can get desperate owners sell cheap, but when they don't sell he looks like fool
What's the best thing Zaha has done in his career? Moura has scored a hat trick in the CL semi final. Palace want 80 million for him, he went to one of the biggest clubs in the world and failed. He can't even get into the England squad.

Agree about Levy but I still think Villa wanted too much for someone who is unproven.

Clarke is a Levy investment, the guy is coming here next season with the exception he will challenge for a first team the bloke can't even get into the Leeds team. By the time he comes here is confidence would have gone to shit.

What's the best thing Zaha has done in his career? Moura has scored a hat trick in the CL semi final. Palace want 80 million for him, he went to one of the biggest clubs in the world and failed. He can't even get into the England squad.

Agree about Levy but I still think Villa wanted too much for someone who is unproven.

Clarke is a Levy investment, the guy is coming here next season with the exception he will challenge for a first team the bloke can't even get into the Leeds team. By the time he comes here is confidence would have gone to shit.
Zaha plays for the Ivory Coast, mate. That’s why he doesn’t get into the England squad. It’s also where he was born.

You do realise that under new owners Poch would be sacked before a single player was sold or signed don’t you?

Silver linings

You do realise that under new owners Poch would be sacked before a single player was sold or signed don’t you?

Silver linings
Levy is not sacking Poch because he is the one who messed up the squad. He is the one who gave no funds to the manager for a whole season, He is the one who does not back up a good manager. He is the one who has a trophy cabinet full of spreadsheets. He is the one who has to go.

Give the manager the proper tools to do a job. How much more can Poch do with Sissoko, Lucas, Llorente. ageing Vert and Toby, went away Eriksen and Rose. What could he do with Njie, Nkouda and Vincent. What can he do with Serge. What can he do with no proper top 4 budget. What can he do with new stadium without backing so many times he asked for. Levy is suffocating the team and the manager.

Levy is running this club down. The new stadium means nothing when you don't have a team to match. We will be the only club with the biggest stadium in the PL with no European football and all thanks to Levy.

If Levy was serious about winning trophies, he would have announced all NFL profits would go towards buying players and would double or even treble the pathetic £30m and £40m net spend each season, that is his target. Top 4 and profit is his trophy. He is losing CL and top 6 this season and hopefully JL will sack him. He can go back and work at the city of London.

Levy is not sacking Poch because he is the one who messed up the squad. He is the one who gave no funds to the manager for a whole season, He is the one who does not back up a good manager. He is the one who has a trophy cabinet full of spreadsheets. He is the one who has to go.

Give the manager the proper tools to do a job. How much more can Poch do with Sissoko, Lucas, Llorente. ageing Vert and Toby, went away Eriksen and Rose. What could he do with Njie, Nkouda and Vincent. What can he do with Serge. What can he do with no proper top 4 budget. What can he do with new stadium without backing so many times he asked for. Levy is suffocating the team and the manager.

Levy is running this club down. The new stadium means nothing when you don't have a team to match. We will be the only club with the biggest stadium in the PL with no European football and all thanks to Levy.

If Levy was serious about winning trophies, he would have announced all NFL profits would go towards buying players and would double or even treble the pathetic £30m and £40m net spend each season, that is his target. Top 4 and profit is his trophy. He is losing CL and top 6 this season and hopefully JL will sack him. He can go back and work at the city of London.
Hey dude ,cool it man.
They tell me he is a Spurs fan and we aint never had it so good.

Zaha is not rubbish, he is strong can run with ball which we lack.
Barkley wanted to join us, levy made silly offer as usual. Chelsea came late on.

Redknapp wanted Tevez and Cahill when we got Saha and Nelsen, wonder who Poch has wanted and gotten instead?
That is Levy special, he will go and buy the cheaper alternative. That's because he is financial person who is obsessed in bank balance and profit nothing to do with footballing matters and trophies.

Better managers would have this squad playing better football.
That’s the only tool missing from this club.

I wouldn't mind new owners but given the amount the club is going to cost whoever fancies buying they're almost inevitably going to be some extremely shady motherfuckers. If we ended up owned by Saudi Arabia, for example, I'm not sure to what extent I could continue supporting this incarnation of the club.
Our tax exile owner is pretty shady. I get what your saying but I am sure it can't just be enic or evil dictators as owners. But I do agree most won't fall in to those categories we hope for. WANTED: A very wealthy owner, not too shady! Must want to win titles & will put in what it takes to give us the best chance of this.
On a side note, I think you would be surprised about what us humans turn a blind eye too. Nike are well known for there child & slave labour abusive past. But we still wear there kits. I mean we gotta wear something & Nike is cool. As you say, city's owners are evil but we happily take there 50m blood ££. May as well get what money we can even if it comes from evil doings. The mobile phones we type on the forum are most likely from slave labour. Apple, Samsung etc all have bad sweatshop history. I mean 1 of the main factories where iphones were made had suicide nets around the building as workers kept throwing themselves off. But it means we can have a cheaper iPhone, & I mean... it
Is a good phone. The clothes we wear are most likely sweatshop made too. As well as the footwear we buy. & I bet a lot of posters take a sneaky look at the forum whilst driving. I mean yeah, you could run another human over but it's worth the risk as your entertainment comes first. A lot of the food & drink we buy has come from slave labour. Nestle & Starbucks we well known for it. & I am sure some American fans on the forum shop at Wal-Mart which also has a terrible history of slave labour.
I get it's not as bad as the Saudi regime BUT i am not sure if that's a consolation to the exploited children & adults working in slave labour conditions for me & you. Fingers crossed God will be ok with us wearing, eating, drinking & using products made from slave labour with our defence "there are people way worse that that".

Do mancity, chelski or woolwich fans care about the owners of their club?!

Back
Top Bottom