Levy out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy Out?

• Yes

• No

• Not sure. On the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
I respect your opinion either way.

:adesalute:

But at least the options there if you feel strongly one way or another in the future.
Yeah keep it up. All our opinions on who should start the next game mean nothing. But we still post them.

Last edited:
How many more players selling for loss, Nkouda, Njie, Vincent.....
Probably Eriksen, Toby, Vert for free
Someone must be held responsible

How many more players selling for loss, Nkouda, Njie, Vincent.....
Probably Eriksen, Toby, Vert for free
Someone must be held responsible

It really isn't a bad ratio we have when it comes to players signed and sold for profit/ sold at a loss really. Yes we will probably end up making face value losses on Eriksen, Vertonghen and Alderweireld but we can't say that we haven't gained substantially from signing all 3 based on league standings and their influences on us achieving where we've finished over the past few years.

5-6 deals where we had/ have to take a hit on a poor signing across 6 -7 years, that's pretty decent really.

It really isn't a bad ratio we have when it comes to players signed and sold for profit/ sold at a loss really. Yes we will probably end up making face value losses on Eriksen, Vertonghen and Alderweireld but we can't say that we haven't gained substantially from signing all 3 based on league standings and their influences on us achieving where we've finished over the past few years.

5-6 deals where we had/ have to take a hit on a poor signing across 6 -7 years, that's pretty decent really.
Of course we have to gain, that's the whole purpose of new signings to improve the squad.

I like city the way they do signings, early and quiet , you don't hear rumours in the media, no haggling, no last minute dramas, signings make immediate impact on the team, max spent on each player £50m very reasonable. They know what they want and they go and get it without delay.

We missed on good players because of unnecessary haggling, the likes of Grealish, Zaha, Berkley and many more.

Buy once buy well.
Buy cheap buy twice.

Of course we have to gain, that's the whole purpose of new signings to improve the squad.

I like city the way they do signings, early and quiet , you don't hear rumours in the media, no haggling, no last minute dramas, signings make immediate impact on the team, max spent on each player £50m very reasonable. They know what they want and they go and get it without delay.

We missed on good players because of unnecessary haggling, the likes of Grealish, Zaha, Berkley and many more.

Buy once buy well.
Buy cheap buy twice.
I think I'm like Daniel, can't resist a bargain!!
The purchases that give me the most satisfaction are the ones that were cheap but don't look it and I get oodles of wear from.
Ask your better halves to explain, if you don't get this!

The purchases that give me the most satisfaction are the ones that were cheap but don't look it and I get oodles of wear from.
A woman like you knows what she wants and would spot a bargain miles away, good buy every time and satisfaction guaranteed.

But in football seems very different, it is big gamble 50-50 at best. Lack of trophies suggests Levy's model is not working, nearly is not good enough. Of course top 4 for consecutive seasons is a big achievement.

Last edited:
A woman like you knows what she wants and would spot a bargain miles away, good buy every time and satisfaction guaranteed.

But in football seems very different, it is big gamble 50-50 at best. Lack of success and trophies suggests Levy's model is not working, nearly is not good enough. Of course top 4 for consecutive years is a big achievement.
Taken us as far as they can unfortunately.

But in football seems very different, it is big gamble 50-50 at best. Lack of trophies suggests Levy's model is not working, nearly is not good enough. Of course top 4 for consecutive seasons is a big achievement.
That settles it then, Mrs.P. for the new manager :thumbup: all those in favour ........... say Aye !

Time to resurrect this thread to run in tandem with the snowballing Poch Out scenario.

All on Poch? Or does Levy's refusal to match Poch's ambition last summer also contribute to our downfall. (Refusal to show any ambition for that matter).

Is Poch solely to blame for appalling squad moral?

Or should Levy shoulder some of the blame for the alarming contract situations.

In short, if Poch's going through the revolving door, should the man who appointed him be not too far behind him?

Time to resurrect this thread to run in tandem with the snowballing Poch Out scenario.

All on Poch? Or does Levy's refusal to match Poch's ambition last summer also contribute to our downfall. (Refusal to show any ambition for that matter).

Is Poch solely to blame for appalling squad moral?

Or should Levy shoulder some of the blame for the alarming contract situations.

In short, if Poch's going through the revolving door, should the man who appointed him be not too far behind him?

25% Levy
74% Poch
1% Sammy

I once bought a jumper from Primark because it was £1. I've not worn it in 3 years but I still feel like I've got a bargain. Am I doing it right?

The only reason Poch is still our manager is because Levy doesn't want to pay the comp imo, he has sacked for far less in the past, once again our owners putting profits above performance.

What has this club become? Tottenham balance sheets FC? The brand that keeps on giving!

This is what these people who kiss the owners arses keep fucking banging on about, look at the stadium thread if you want evidence of it, absolute bollocks, a huge circle jerk about revenues and sustainability, about net spend and fucking NFL games and Amazon documentaries and how It's all good for "the club" which translates to "the owners" because they are the only ones benefiting from any of it currently.

Stadiums don't win football games or trophies.

This club isn't a football club anymore, it's a prawn sandwich brigade with a new mixture of daytripping corporate brown nosers.

It's bad enough thinking that we might be going back to being a mid table club again however I can stomach that, it's ok.

But the fact I have to share the experience with these zombies who have no passion for the club and will just kneel at the alter of our owners no matter what makes it even worse, at least before all of this we were a bunch of miserable twats who loved spurs and would put the club before anyone or anything, that isn't the case now.

The only reason Poch is still our manager is because Levy doesn't want to pay the comp imo, he has sacked for far less in the past, once again our owners putting profits above performance.

What has this club become? Tottenham balance sheets FC? The brand that keeps on giving!

This is what these people who kiss the owners arses keep fucking banging on about, look at the stadium thread if you want evidence of it, absolute bollocks, a huge circle jerk about revenues and sustainability, about net spend and fucking NFL games and Amazon documentaries and how It's all good for "the club" which translates to "the owners" because they are the only ones benefiting from any of it currently.

Stadiums don't win football games or trophies.

This club isn't a football club anymore, it's a prawn sandwich brigade with a new mixture of daytripping corporate brown nosers.

It's bad enough thinking that we might be going back to being a mid table club again however I can stomach that, it's ok.

But the fact I have to share the experience with these zombies who have no passion for the club and will just kneel at the alter of our owners no matter what makes it even worse, at least before all of this we were a bunch of miserable twats who loved spurs and would put the club before anyone or anything, that isn't the case now.
We will never win titles under enic/levy. & That's me being positive.

We will never win titles under enic/levy. & That's me being positive.

Well we have won trophies under them but I know what you mean mate, we will never win big trophies imo and right now it doesn't even look like we will win any full stop.

I think some people are content with us just being considered a "top club" and having a big shiny stadium because it's a nice day out and it's better than it ever has been before.

The bar is set so low that to these people ENIC and Levy look like gods amongst men, the idea of us having different owners puts the fear in them "We could do a Leeds" being the most overused and idiotic comment I have seen.

Our owners, our manager and our players are not the club, the club existed before them and will exist after them, being afraid to change will be the end of this club and will be the start of the full transition to the "brand" which suits ENIC perfectly.

Back
Top Bottom