Levy out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy Out?

• Yes

• No

• Not sure. On the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
I agree that Poch has been backed. Said so in my last post. But I don’t understand how asking for five players per squad is enforcing your argument. Why not seven? Or nine? It’s stupid because it can’t be done. We are so close to our rivals that they wouldn’t be able to do the same with our squad.
Take nine or seven then good luck with that if you can’t name five though.

If we are so close to our rivals then they can’t have been backed way more than Poch.

If you agree with that, then I don’t know you are arguing against me on behalf of others who disagree with you that can’t answer for themselves.

Take nine or seven then good luck with that if you can’t name five though.

If we are so close to our rivals then they can’t have been backed way more than Poch.

If you agree with that, then I don’t know you are arguing against me on behalf of others who disagree with you that can’t answer for themselves.
I’m not arguing your fundamental point. I agree with it wholeheartedly. I’m only suggesting that asking for the entirely arbitrary five players from each squad means you are as well asking for the moon on a stick and it does nothing to reinforce your point.

Our squads are so tightly matched that your argument is impossible to lose. As well asking for twenty players from each squad.

It could be argued that Poch wasn’t backed the summer before last, if the man himself hadn’t come out on several occasions to say he was happy.

I feel the only times Levy has let down a manager is the Saha Nielsen window with Harry and the failure to sign Moutinho for AVB. Otherwise, he’s put the cash up and backed the manager.

I’m a dog, that means you’re a cat. Can I do cat-like things better than you? Of course not, I’m a dog. Can I name cats other than City cats? Not in this context, but yes overall, I can name many. This proves that City squad cats are no better than dogs - obviously. Therefore I - being a dog - am far better qualified to talk about dogs in the top six squads, bar city’s (who are cats as I’ve admitted) and shouldn’t be discussed without the overall dog caveat being applied.

I’m astonished you can’t see this.

Back in the summer I was the only one saying we shouldn’t sign any more cats as it was quite obvious that City had all the best cats already, and if we wanted to stay competitive, we should look to signing more dogs and people disagreed with me. Ha - look at them now. All this proves is that when you’re right, you’re right and when you’re wrong you’re also right, as cats and dogs don’t belong in the same conversation when it comes to standing on the terraces before someone you’re arguing with. Surely you can’t argue with that? It’s quite simple
Do you have any paracetamol please ?

How do you get more plastic than our own fans boasting about an American fucking football team playing in the same stadium as us?

True.

I suppose you get more plastic by our fans doing that, whilst being owned by an oil empire that couldn’t even tell you if we’re in North or South London.

I don’t especially disagree. But people that want Poch out are told to say who they want in place. The same should apply for Levy.

I don’t especially disagree. But people that want Poch out are told to say who they want in place. The same should apply for Levy.
Its completely different mate tbf.
We all know the managerial merry go round. Who's done what, when, where etc.
Our next owners could be any individual or group of individuals on the planet.
How the hell are we supposed to make some mythical judgement on some hypothetical take over?
That doesn't mean we shouldn't hold the owners to account, or even hope for change and a new direction.

We all know the managerial merry go round. Who's done what, when, where etc.
Our next owners could be any individual or group of individuals on the planet.
How the hell are we supposed to make some mythical judgement on some hypothetical take over?
That doesn't mean we shouldn't hold the owners to account, or even hope for change and a new direction.

Perhaps.

But would you rather we stick with a business model that balances profit with income, or one where money is simply frivolous, a la City.

Put Levy to one side, as he’s a tight bugger. Would you prefer an investment group that has shareholders, or a Middle Eastern Monarchy?

Perhaps.

But would you rather we stick with a business model that balances profit with income, or one where money is simply frivolous, a la City.

Put Levy to one side, as he’s a tight bugger. Would you prefer an investment group that has shareholders, or a Middle Eastern Monarchy?
Like I said in an earlier reply, it doesn't bother me wether we're owned by an Arab sheikh, A russian oligarch, or a shady English tax dodger ( to all intents and purposes, Lewis is the owner)
I just don't like the way profit margins and balance sheets have become the driving force of our current model.

Let me remind you of the words of our own "Head of business development " Aiden Mullaly, from March this year.

"Its an NFL stadium and that's the key message. From the very start during the design phase we have had the NFL in mind. The anchor tenant is Tottenham Hotspur , but this is designed to be a permanent home for the NFL outside of the US

Dont those words send a chill down your spine?

The success of the football team has allways been a minor sideshow as far as our owners are concerned.

An oil sheikh or Oligarch suits me fine if winning football matches and backing their manager is higher up their list of priorities

"

Like I said in an earlier reply, it doesn't bother me wether we're owned by an Arab sheikh, A russian oligarch, or a shady English tax dodger ( to all intents and purposes, Lewis is the owner)
I just don't like the way profit margins and balance sheets have become the driving force of our current model.

Let me remind you of the words of our own "Head of business development " Aiden Mullaly, from March this year.

"Its an NFL stadium and that's the key message. From the very start during the design phase we have had the NFL in mind. The anchor tenant is Tottenham Hotspur , but this is designed to be a permanent home for the NFL outside of the US

The success of the football team has allways been a minor sideshow as far as our owners are concerned.

An oil sheikh or Oligarch suits me fine if winning football matches and backing their manager is higher up their list of priorities

"
How do you expect the manager to be backed with transfer funds if we don’t take profit margins seriously?

Man Utd can’t spend £100m on Pogba without a Chinese “noodle partner”. Man City can’t spend £100m on everyone without building multi purpose training camps and looking after their money. Don’t think for a second Man City’s owners aren’t business people driven by profit. Where do you think the money came from in the first place?

No issue with holding our owner or Chairman or any other THFC employee to task if we were being let down. Just think you are pissing up the wrong tree blaming Levy for building a stadium that we can hold NFL games at. What if we hadn’t done that but had a gig there? Or a boxing match? Would that be wrong too?

I don't have a huge problem with Levy not spending enough. That's always been our way, and it's helped us get to where we are now.

I have a problem with Levy not getting rid of some of these players that clearly wanted out this summer. I'm certain we could've had buyers for Toby, Rose, Eriksen if Levy lowered his price.

What a fucking surprise

Like I said in an earlier reply, it doesn't bother me wether we're owned by an Arab sheikh, A russian oligarch,
#realfan
#neverplastic

a shady English tax dodger ( to all intents and purposes, Lewis is the owner)
Now back that up with some evidence you slimy little libelous cunt.
Living in the Bahamas isn’t a crime last time I checked. Trying to paint Lewis with the same brush as Abramovich and human rights violators.
Wanker

"

There’s no denying those words are naff. My hope is that they were aimed for American investors and the American market. It’s our home. The American egg chasing is, and always will be, a sideshow.

I’m intrigued about January and next Summer. My hope is that we do see major investment. You might well be right and Enic are simply looking to sell, in which case we will spend a middling, but ineffective amount.

True.

I suppose you get more plastic by our fans doing that, whilst being owned by an oil empire that couldn’t even tell you if we’re in North or South London.

Personally I'm not at the point I want either out, I'm certainly not on team John Thomas, I do feel many of John's points are worthy of sensible discussion tho and agree Porch hasn't been backed properly over the entirety of his tenure.

John is far more reasonable than the cult of Levy that exist on here those parasites are a fucking joke, of course Levy should be heavily scrutinised, he's the most important man at the club.

Personally I'm not at the point I want either out, I'm certainly not on team John Thomas, I do feel many of John's points are worthy of sensible discussion tho and agree Porch hasn't been backed properly over the entirety of his tenure.

John is far more reasonable than the cult of Levy that exist on here those parasites are a fucking joke, of course Levy should be heavily scrutinised, he's the most important man at the club.

Main main problem with Levy is not his recruitment, it’s his total inability to shift unwanted players.

It holds us back so much.

Main main problem with Levy is not his recruitment, it’s his total inability to shift unwanted players.

It holds us back so much.
At least your'e prepared to spread the blame around for the mess we currently find ourselves in.
That's something we don't see often enough on here .
Too many people with their heads stuck up their arse incapable of listening to any views that contradict their own intransigence.
Although I disagree with most of your opinions, I have no doubt in your sincerity.

Respect

:adesalute:

At least your'e prepared to spread the blame around for the mess we currently find ourselves in.
That's something we don't see often enough on here .
Too many people with their heads stuck up their arse incapable of listening to any views that contradict their own intransigence.
Although I disagree with most of your opinions, I have no doubt in your sincerity.

Respect

:adesalute:
Exactly! Our current woes are down to all departments - board, management and players - not functioning as a team. I'm still hopeful that it's not major surgery that we need to fix it, just a nip and a tuck. Time will tell on that, think Christmas will be a time of reckoning.

Exactly! Our current woes are down to all departments - board, management and players - not functioning as a team. I'm still hopeful that it's not major surgery that we need to fix it, just a nip and a tuck. Time will tell on that, think Christmas will be a time of reckoning.

Agreed, everyone has played a part in this happening and all those areas need to improve.

Like you I hope it isn't a major surgery that is required because that will mean another 3-5 year rebuild most likely before we even look like competing for silverware (unless we focus on the FA Cup etc, which personally, I think we should.)

That being said, like you say, I think Christmas will tell us everything we need to know, if things aren't improving by then I don't think they will under the current management.

Majority of us have had the same thoughts on Lewis, Levy, ENIC, and the board at Tottenham for the last 10 years now and problem is those thoughts continue to persist.

Thanks for elevating the club to Top 6 status. But they could’ve done more to win something over the last 10 years... very fine margins and they declined the opportunity everytime under Redknapp, Poch, and to a lesser extent even AVB.

Back
Top Bottom