Levy out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy Out?

• Yes

• No

• Not sure. On the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
But therein lies the problem mate.

Every supporter is quick to blame the manager and the players and they continue to fall on the sword and whilst I agree on a micro level, such as on a game day, the owners have no influence over the result, if you look at the bigger picture they are a contributor to poor results and consistent failure to win trophies and yet, they always avoid falling on the sword despite many falling under their leadership?

The owners continue to be untouchable or take less blame just because they own the club and just because they built the stadium (the latter of which has created a HUGE blind spot for many of our supporters, a HUGE blind spot) which I feel is pretty dangerous for the future of this club as it feels like they are immune from criticism because of building something which, let's face it, wasn't out of "love" or "respect" it was because it's a no brainer and makes them a fucking shit load of money both in and out of football events and from a business perspective I have no issues with that but from a perspective of a supporter who loves the club, it feels like the stadium is a huge dangling carrot to keep critical thinking to a minimum and foster a cult like way of thinking around the day to day running of the club under this ownership.

I don't believe they are "patient" as you say, I believe they are happy as long as they are making profit, it's not about them patiently waiting for success, what we have achieved under Pochettino IS success to them, the only reason Poch was sacked is because they knew there was no chance of recovery and top 4 or Europa League football is imperative for profit, hence the change.

Whilst we might be a very well run club in terms of stability I feel like we will never win trophies again under these owners, doesn't matter what manager we get in because on the pitch, we will always lack the extra quality required under this ownership.

Some will disagree or claim the stadium will "even the balance in the long run, just be patient, wait another 10 years" but I am not buying what ENIC are selling.

In general I am sick of football at the moment anyway, so maybe my own personal annoyance with it is giving me a negative feeling overall as well tbh.

I just feel like there is a lot of corruption in the PL which is being brushed under the rug by people in charge and supporters who don't want the game ruined for themselves and would rather live in blissful ignorance than look at things objectively and challenge how things are being done and I think that's the same kind of thing that's happening with our owners and why they never seem to face the music for their poor decisions.

"Don't rock the boat" or "we've never had it so good" seems to be the general consensous and as long as that logic exists we will continue to repeat the same mistakes over and over.
Truly sorry you feel the way you do about football right now. Not nice to fall out of love with anything or anyone.

And I agree fully that the board need to take a slice of the blame for not delivering more success. They have a big part to play in all our failures and successes. I just believe we are now in a much better position than we were when they took over and not that far down from when we recently peaked. Nothing would please me more than a few bits of shiny in the cabinet and I’m sure that’s the same for the board too. But maybe they don’t care. I’ve no idea.

And yes, they’ve been responsible for the managerial appointments that have happened for the last twenty years or so, but except for Sherwood I can’t think of one I was opposed to. I did want LVG instead of Poch, but appears I was wrong there as I don’t believe LVG would have been as successful as Poch was.

I think we’ve shown that with stability at the top, we’ve grown massively in two decades. And I firmly believe this season is a deep breath before we kick the arse out of it again. Let’s hope eh?

Give baldy 12 more months to prove himself

I say give the owners the summer window to prove themselves and show everyone what their intentions are for this club.

It's clear we need major surgery in certain areas and if these areas aren't addressed with higher quality players than we already have then I think they need to come under heavy criticism.

They need to be held accountable or they will just take the piss, every single business on the planet will take a mile from an inch if they can and it often happens because people are just accepting due to brand loyalty.

I say give the owners the summer window to prove themselves and show everyone what their intentions are for this club.

It's clear we need major surgery in certain areas and if these areas aren't addressed with higher quality players than we already have then I think they need to come under heavy criticism.

They need to be held accountable or they will just take the piss, every single business on the planet will take a mile from an inch if they can and it often happens because people are just accepting due to brand loyalty.

It's a good window to judge them, without CL football (probably) which means lower profits.

It's a good window to judge them, without CL football (probably) which means lower profits.

CL or no CL football if you bring in Mourinho and don’t plan to spend 100-200m net then your a moron.

My hope is with the stadium done Levy has opened up the book and bought in a big spending winner to buy , my fear is Levy got Mourinho in because he though it was cheaper than rebuilding the squad that Poch wanted to do and hoped the squad was still good enough.

CL or no CL football if you bring in Mourinho and don’t plan to spend 100-200m net then your a moron.

My hope is with the stadium done Levy has opened up the book and bought in a big spending winner to buy , my fear is Levy got Mourinho in because he though it was cheaper than rebuilding the squad that Poch wanted to do and hoped the squad was still good enough.

That seems more likely to me, also a big name like Jose can get those renewals in and give people the belief we are going to be spending big in the summer and giving the squad some much needed changes.

However the reality is, it's much cheaper to replace a manager rather than half a squad, ENIC are running out of time though imo because if results don't come next season no way are people going to pay ticket prices like they are charging.

History tells me that it’s the latter...

you fear right.

Surely there can no longer be any doubts about the driving force behind the priorities of our owners any more.
And it most certainly isn't winning trophies.
I think this transfer window, if nothing else, has put the doubts to bed.

Unless Jose can work a few miracles like Poch, I think the unrest will start to gather pace.

Dybala my arse!

Surely there can no longer be any doubts about the driving force behind the priorities of our owners any more.
And it most certainly isn't winning trophies.
I think this transfer window, if nothing else, has put the doubts to bed.

Unless Jose can work a few miracles like Poch, I think the unrest will start to gather pace.

Dybala my arse!
Yea, we've all heard it before mate.

Exact speech you gave before predicting us coming 14th.

But therein lies the problem mate.

Every supporter is quick to blame the manager and the players and they continue to fall on the sword and whilst I agree on a micro level, such as on a game day, the owners have no influence over the result, if you look at the bigger picture they are a contributor to poor results and consistent failure to win trophies and yet, they always avoid falling on the sword despite many falling under their leadership?

The owners continue to be untouchable or take less blame just because they own the club and just because they built the stadium (the latter of which has created a HUGE blind spot for many of our supporters, a HUGE blind spot) which I feel is pretty dangerous for the future of this club as it feels like they are immune from criticism because of building something which, let's face it, wasn't out of "love" or "respect" it was because it's a no brainer and makes them a fucking shit load of money both in and out of football events and from a business perspective I have no issues with that but from a perspective of a supporter who loves the club, it feels like the stadium is a huge dangling carrot to keep critical thinking to a minimum and foster a cult like way of thinking around the day to day running of the club under this ownership.

I don't believe they are "patient" as you say, I believe they are happy as long as they are making profit, it's not about them patiently waiting for success, what we have achieved under Pochettino IS success to them, the only reason Poch was sacked is because they knew there was no chance of recovery and top 4 or Europa League football is imperative for profit, hence the change.

Whilst we might be a very well run club in terms of stability I feel like we will never win trophies again under these owners, doesn't matter what manager we get in because on the pitch, we will always lack the extra quality required under this ownership.

Some will disagree or claim the stadium will "even the balance in the long run, just be patient, wait another 10 years" but I am not buying what ENIC are selling.

In general I am sick of football at the moment anyway, so maybe my own personal annoyance with it is giving me a negative feeling overall as well tbh.

I just feel like there is a lot of corruption in the PL which is being brushed under the rug by people in charge and supporters who don't want the game ruined for themselves and would rather live in blissful ignorance than look at things objectively and challenge how things are being done and I think that's the same kind of thing that's happening with our owners and why they never seem to face the music for their poor decisions.

"Don't rock the boat" or "we've never had it so good" seems to be the general consensous and as long as that logic exists we will continue to repeat the same mistakes over and over.
Most excellent post

Back
Top Bottom