Levy out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy Out?

• Yes

• No

• Not sure. On the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
You’re correct in we aren’t winning trophies recently, under these owners. But you don’t know whose fault it is.

Well if it isn't the owners fault after a decade of no trophies and multiple managers and numerous players, whos fault is it?

I mean, managers get the sack and the blame for this failure repeatedly, at what point do the owners get the blame?

Well if it isn't the owners fault after a decade of no trophies and multiple managers and numerous players, whos fault is it?

I mean, managers get the sack and the blame for this failure repeatedly, at what point do the owners get the blame?
I and you honestly don’t know.

Is it the owners who buy shite like GKN and Njie? Maybe, maybe not.
is it the owners who play a half fit striker in a European final? Probably not.
is it the owners who constantly bottle semis and finals? Doubtful.
is it the owners fault that we seem to have a constantly massive injury list? Nope.
Do the owners spend enough on wages and transfers? Maybe, maybe not.
Do the owners make sure we are financially secure? Probably got a lot to do with them, but they aren’t alone.

Our recent trophy drought has faults on so many sides. The owners take less blame than most in my book, as they do put money back through the club, pay managers well and are relatively patient. And it’s not them that can’t score against Watford.

What's a non cuntish way to let the owners know you think they're taking the piss though?

The supporters who pay money for the tickets and fund the club deserve to have a voice and say in the direction the club goes imo.

Not sure but taking a banner to an away ground like some did to Watford certainly isn’t the way
It is for Woolwich

Unless someone initiates change it will never happen ENIC now charge the most expensive season tickets but expect fan's to watch a team struggling in mid table, with no desire to be anything other than Woolwich MK2 by finishing 4th to bring in the bucks.

So don’t buy tickets then and don’t go

Now delete your account

Devastating takedown

giphy-52.gif

Well played Arc

And Sloth arrives to back up his withering companion.

You just know when the entire Clique arrives, someone is in trouble. 5, The racist Scott, Sloth, The Bottler all at attention.

The Judas Award humbled them greatly.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Don't forget the owners/levy pick the managers too. Most likely charging the fans a small fortune for mid table finish this season.

I and you honestly don’t know.

Is it the owners who buy shite like GKN and Njie? Maybe, maybe not.
is it the owners who play a half fit striker in a European final? Probably not.
is it the owners who constantly bottle semis and finals? Doubtful.
is it the owners fault that we seem to have a constantly massive injury list? Nope.
Do the owners spend enough on wages and transfers? Maybe, maybe not.
Do the owners make sure we are financially secure? Probably got a lot to do with them, but they aren’t alone.

Our recent trophy drought has faults on so many sides. The owners take less blame than most in my book, as they do put money back through the club, pay managers well and are relatively patient. And it’s not them that can’t score against Watford.

But therein lies the problem mate.

Every supporter is quick to blame the manager and the players and they continue to fall on the sword and whilst I agree on a micro level, such as on a game day, the owners have no influence over the result, if you look at the bigger picture they are a contributor to poor results and consistent failure to win trophies and yet, they always avoid falling on the sword despite many falling under their leadership?

The owners continue to be untouchable or take less blame just because they own the club and just because they built the stadium (the latter of which has created a HUGE blind spot for many of our supporters, a HUGE blind spot) which I feel is pretty dangerous for the future of this club as it feels like they are immune from criticism because of building something which, let's face it, wasn't out of "love" or "respect" it was because it's a no brainer and makes them a fucking shit load of money both in and out of football events and from a business perspective I have no issues with that but from a perspective of a supporter who loves the club, it feels like the stadium is a huge dangling carrot to keep critical thinking to a minimum and foster a cult like way of thinking around the day to day running of the club under this ownership.

I don't believe they are "patient" as you say, I believe they are happy as long as they are making profit, it's not about them patiently waiting for success, what we have achieved under Pochettino IS success to them, the only reason Poch was sacked is because they knew there was no chance of recovery and top 4 or Europa League football is imperative for profit, hence the change.

Whilst we might be a very well run club in terms of stability I feel like we will never win trophies again under these owners, doesn't matter what manager we get in because on the pitch, we will always lack the extra quality required under this ownership.

Some will disagree or claim the stadium will "even the balance in the long run, just be patient, wait another 10 years" but I am not buying what ENIC are selling.

In general I am sick of football at the moment anyway, so maybe my own personal annoyance with it is giving me a negative feeling overall as well tbh.

I just feel like there is a lot of corruption in the PL which is being brushed under the rug by people in charge and supporters who don't want the game ruined for themselves and would rather live in blissful ignorance than look at things objectively and challenge how things are being done and I think that's the same kind of thing that's happening with our owners and why they never seem to face the music for their poor decisions.

"Don't rock the boat" or "we've never had it so good" seems to be the general consensous and as long as that logic exists we will continue to repeat the same mistakes over and over.

Every supporter is quick to blame the manager and the players and they continue to fall on the sword and whilst I agree on a micro level, such as on a game day, the owners have no influence over the result, if you look at the bigger picture they are a contributor to poor results and consistent failure to win trophies and yet, they always avoid falling on the sword despite many falling under their leadership?

The owners continue to be untouchable or take less blame just because they own the club and just because they built the stadium (the latter of which has created a HUGE blind spot for many of our supporters, a HUGE blind spot) which I feel is pretty dangerous for the future of this club as it feels like they are immune from criticism because of building something which, let's face it, wasn't out of "love" or "respect" it was because it's a no brainer and makes them a fucking shit load of money both in and out of football events and from a business perspective I have no issues with that but from a perspective of a supporter who loves the club, it feels like the stadium is a huge dangling carrot to keep critical thinking to a minimum and foster a cult like way of thinking around the day to day running of the club under this ownership.

I don't believe they are "patient" as you say, I believe they are happy as long as they are making profit, it's not about them patiently waiting for success, what we have achieved under Pochettino IS success to them, the only reason Poch was sacked is because they knew there was no chance of recovery and top 4 or Europa League football is imperative for profit, hence the change.

Whilst we might be a very well run club in terms of stability I feel like we will never win trophies again under these owners, doesn't matter what manager we get in because on the pitch, we will always lack the extra quality required under this ownership.

Some will disagree or claim the stadium will "even the balance in the long run, just be patient, wait another 10 years" but I am not buying what ENIC are selling.

In general I am sick of football at the moment anyway, so maybe my own personal annoyance with it is giving me a negative feeling overall as well tbh.

I just feel like there is a lot of corruption in the PL which is being brushed under the rug by people in charge and supporters who don't want the game ruined for themselves and would rather live in blissful ignorance than look at things objectively and challenge how things are being done and I think that's the same kind of thing that's happening with our owners and why they never seem to face the music for their poor decisions.

"Don't rock the boat" or "we've never had it so good" seems to be the general consensous and as long as that logic exists we will continue to repeat the same mistakes over and over.
Game day being micro level is a hoot.

Game day is literally all that matters.

I agree with a lot of what you say but Poch got sacked because he had given up

Back
Top Bottom