Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nothing will be done, as no one wants to do anything. The clubs were for sale, and the motives of the owners did not matter.

The only thing that could change that is mass fan action abusing the owners and making it clear that their propaganda program had the opposite effect to what was intended.

That won't happen, we're all one-eyed partisan twunts. And most don't want to know the details of football, it's supposed to be an escape, not real life.

Utd have jumped up! They had the lowest until recently, doubt Sanchez's salary has been accounted for, that must be the special ones and Pogba's I imagine???
I'd imagine so, but also the revenue curve for them has been flatter in recent years as the team has reverted to its traditional non-Fergueson/Busby position.

This is of course before many off our recent new contracts. Spurs are committed to a Wages spend of 45%-55% this has been part of the DL strategy for years, what that means is with the massive leaps in income seen in 2017 / 2018 and now with the delayed stadium in 2019, we will be able to ramp up salary spend every year for this and the next two years ... we might even sign a new player !!!!!!!!

Utd have jumped up! They had the lowest until recently, doubt Sanchez's salary has been accounted for, that must be the special ones and Pogba's I imagine???
Well yes, Mourinho seems to be testing how much money he can manage to light on fire before someone bothers to stop him.

London: Tottenham reveals the most expensive season tickets ever – StadiumDB.com

Spurs to have costliest season ticket in Britain at £2,200 and fans are angry

Spurs' ticket pricing rise worries fans

Sorry to have to post this, but even you must agree that any talk of doing things the right way or being some last moral bastion as mentioned earlier, is just bollocks so long as we charge unparalleled ticket prices.

Doing things the right way? Or the tight way?

Charging our fans more than all our rivals, While spending far less on the team than all our rivals.

Hardly seems the moral high ground to me old chap

This has been going on for years. To be fair to the club, they did become top 4 status, but it was only after a needless amount of years charging top 4 ticket prices - when we were nowhere near cementing the top 4 - and promising the next level, while selling the best players and sacking managers. So, if we do charge title winning prices, I do actually expect the titles to come, eventually... but not without a massive period of getting it wrong.

Absolutely ridiculous and I’m amazed Levy supporting it

I’m sure Scudamore was paid the going rate with annual bonuses so why does he need any more and what is it saying to the new Chief Executive who seems perfectly capable him being retained for 3 yrs in an advisory capacity ?

Another pig with his snout in the trough !!

Another example of all that’s wrong with modern football !!

No I didn’t get a good nights sleep!

This has been going on for years. To be fair to the club, they did become top 4 status, but it was only after a needless amount of years charging top 4 ticket prices - when we were nowhere near cementing the top 4 - and promising the next level, while selling the best players and sacking managers. So, if we do charge title winning prices, I do actually expect the titles to come, eventually... but not without a massive period of getting it wrong.

Alan Sugar loved the idea that we were one of the 'top' clubs when we rarely lived up to the name. He pushed the narrative of the past constantly, showing clips of the double winning team on the big screens, and then moaning about how the fans were living in the past.

London: Tottenham reveals the most expensive season tickets ever – StadiumDB.com

Spurs to have costliest season ticket in Britain at £2,200 and fans are angry

Spurs' ticket pricing rise worries fans

Sorry to have to post this, but even you must agree that any talk of doing things the right way or being some last moral bastion as mentioned earlier, is just bollocks so long as we charge unparalleled ticket prices.

Doing things the right way? Or the tight way?

Charging our fans more than all our rivals, While spending far less on the team than all our rivals.

Hardly seems the moral high ground to me old chap
People whine about other clubs trying to cheat FFP (an unfair system in the first place) and then want things done the right way...while our club charges some of the most expensive tickets in the world. Ripping off fans is hardly 'doing things the right way'.

I’m sure Scudamore was paid the going rate with annual bonuses so why does he need any more and what is it saying to the new Chief Executive who seems perfectly capable him being retained for 3 yrs in an advisory capacity ?

Because he has generated literally billions of pounds for them.

Given his existing wealth and that he will not become a pauper when he leaves the post, a great gesture would be to donate some or all of the money to the grassroots game.

Absolutely ridiculous and I’m amazed Levy supporting it!

Why? He has raised literally billions of pounds for these guys, giving him a golden goodbye is a nice gesture ... it's not coming out of the fans pockets so why are we getting so upset?

If you shut down the green-eyed-monster for a bit and recognise a job well done ... then what's the problem? ... many, many companies give retirement gifts to their employees, pocket watch, cufflinks, pens .. etc

In an industry where players earn 250k a week ... a club giving a retirement gift of 250k is that such a big deal?

Richard Scudamore has changed the footballing landscape, that's made every EPL owner very rich, he deserves every penny he can screw out of them ... good luck to him ....

Why? He has raised literally billions of pounds for these guys, giving him a golden goodbye is a nice gesture ... it's not coming out of the fans pockets so why are we getting so upset?

If you shut down the green-eyed-monster for a bit and recognise a job well done ... then what's the problem? ... many, many companies give retirement gifts to their employees, pocket watch, cufflinks, pens .. etc

In an industry where players earn 250k a week ... a club giving a retirement gift of 250k is that such a big deal?

Richard Scudamore has changed the footballing landscape, that's made every EPL owner very rich, he deserves every penny he can screw out of them ... good luck to him ....

Totally agree with that but it leaves a sour taste when the game is awash with money at the very top and I don't see much evidence of much trickling down to the lower leagues or junior football.

£5 million could be used for something else

He just doesn’t need it so channel it elsewhere in parts of the game that need it

Back
Top Bottom