Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Another article from Ferguson saying Levy is hellish to deal with this time involving Carrick! All I can about that is......good hope he makes every transfer as awkward as possible if other teams are poaching our best players! The ones we want rid off though offer to drive them to where ever.....sissoko:levystare:

Another article from Ferguson saying Levy is hellish to deal with this time involving Carrick! All I can about that is......good hope he makes every transfer as awkward as possible if other teams are poaching our best players! The ones we want rid off though offer to drive them to where ever.....sissoko:levystare:
we lost Carrick too early, possibly because Levy dawdled with an improved contract

Utd want our players, so Maureen and Red-nose will keep talking about it - or to try and drive the price up for other teams. Hopefully, we'll keep the wolves from the door this summer like we did last.

This is very well put together, well worth a read and despite it talking finances, it's very easy to follow.

Thanks for sharing that, very interesting.

The £45M has to be the NFL deal, in my opinion. It can't be naming rights I don't think. And £45M is pretty much what you would expect - it works out at £2.25M per NFL game over the ten years, which I think the NFL would see as perfectly reasonable as the facilities are tailored to their exact requirements and they'd have the option to buy more games if they want them. And there is no way that Levy would build a stadium with NFL facilities, not just changing rooms etc but a sliding pitch to accommodate an artificial pitch, on a promise that the NFL will agree a price later. The money will have been agreed, no doubt about that. £45M should cover our costs for these facilities and leave us with a profit. Is the other £10M part of the same deal? Maybe, but it could easily be something else. But the £45M looks like a great piece of business for all concerned, and when you consider that 2 games a year is just the starting point it could really help our revenue on an ongoing basis and give us a big advantage over other clubs if a London NFL team is established. I wouldn't want them playing on our grass pitch, or part owning the stadium or anything like that, but I really have no issue with them renting from us as they are, unless you are local or watch NFL you won't even notice, but we will make money out of it.

OK gonna just post loads. Go to Swiss Ramble for more details:
C8tvmAvXUAAmJ0h.jpg

C8tvrw9XsAA8Hcx.jpg

C8tvyFiXUAEEJsN.jpg

C8twLO1WAAASWKj.jpg

C8twR2GXgAAJLgp.jpg

C8twXSIW0AAL-Qx.jpg

C8twdFhXYAAt2Nr.jpg

C8twg_CXsAAKl_a.jpg

C8twj89XYAAI-ud.jpg

C8twokvXYAASikn.jpg

C8twsewXoAAjC9O.jpg

C8twxExXsAAs7WD.jpg

C8tw1UgXUAIOfWr.jpg

C8tw45pXgAE3mCj.jpg

C8tw8GTXsAAmpmp.jpg

C8tw_5vXoAA7CG7.jpg

C8txDhoWAAEX3ZY.jpg

C8txJE5XcAA8A2j.jpg

Has he moved his blog? Been checking every couple of days since i knew our accounts had been posted?
He said he didn't have much time to blog at the moment, so just tweeted a 19 tweet comparison of the top 6. Suffice to say, it leaves us looking very sharp on the business side. Although we still arguably have a ton of things we could do to improve.

As annoying as it is to find brilliant form at White Hart Lane just before the Wembley move, there is a financial benefit to us being so good this year...

If Levy and co are negotiating naming rights, sponsorship deals, etc, then us demonstrating the potential of the club/team at the same time is surely going to help get some enormous sources of revenue lined up.
Fuck, if I was Levy I'd be trying to squeeze out as much money as possible for the Nike kit deal (which hasn't actually been announced yet) given how much they're throwing at Chelsea from next season onwards.

OK gonna just post loads. Go to Swiss Ramble for more details:
C8tvmAvXUAAmJ0h.jpg

C8tvrw9XsAA8Hcx.jpg

C8tvyFiXUAEEJsN.jpg

C8twLO1WAAASWKj.jpg

C8twR2GXgAAJLgp.jpg

C8twXSIW0AAL-Qx.jpg

C8twdFhXYAAt2Nr.jpg

C8twg_CXsAAKl_a.jpg

C8twj89XYAAI-ud.jpg

C8twokvXYAASikn.jpg

C8twsewXoAAjC9O.jpg

C8twxExXsAAs7WD.jpg

C8tw1UgXUAIOfWr.jpg

C8tw45pXgAE3mCj.jpg

C8tw8GTXsAAmpmp.jpg

C8tw_5vXoAA7CG7.jpg

C8txDhoWAAEX3ZY.jpg

C8txJE5XcAA8A2j.jpg

Liverpool's wages/debt is really interesting. They have a big turnover which is why they have been able to maintain such a ridiculous wages, but the longer they are outside the top four and basically failing the more those wages are going to bite them. I really hope they miss out on CL again.

Liverpool's wages/debt is really interesting. They have a big turnover which is why they have been able to maintain such a ridiculous wages, but the longer they are outside the top four and basically failing the more those wages are going to bite them. I really hope they miss out on CL again.
All their worldwide fans (/revenue stream) need to wake up and realise they aren't the best team in England anymore.

But fuck it, they haven't managed to figure that out for the last 25 years so I'm not holding my breath.

As annoying as it is to find brilliant form at White Hart Lane just before the Wembley move, there is a financial benefit to us being so good this year...

If Levy and co are negotiating naming rights, sponsorship deals, etc, then us demonstrating the potential of the club/team at the same time is surely going to help get some enormous sources of revenue lined up.
Fuck, if I was Levy I'd be trying to squeeze out as much money as possible for the Nike kit deal (which hasn't actually been announced yet) given how much they're throwing at Chelsea from next season onwards.
It'll all help, but I think what's important is to always remember to keep focused on the football. That's the one thing that we always have to remember. MUFC and Real Madrid are enormous commercial giants, and the football in their cases is now merely marketing efforts for their larger "brand".

We do all this to build a better team to play better football. And that is what is at our core. All of this bullshit is about kicking a ball around a field better, and all relates back to that. That's what makes us special. It's not about a profit, it's about a football team.

It's bloody alarming, it must be said. They haven't got the same revenue levels as other clubs spending that money on wages, and frankly, don't have a squad worth those wages. If you were an LFC fan looking at that, you should be getting very worried about the club not quite understanding how to run things.

On the other hand, as Sun-Tzu said, never interrupt your enemy when they're in the middle of making a mistake...

They have certainly rolled the dice on player wages and as yet it's not worked. They will increase revenues further next year because of the new stand and the additional seats and corp stuff, but as you rightly suggest missing out on CL is the biggest hit (approx £40m). EL is no longer as shite financially as it has been in the past, last year we earned double what we have in previous seasons (I think it was approx £17m), so they can mitigate some loss here now. The biggest loss here though is just the drain on the squad and the effects of playing Thurs & Sun.

Back
Top Bottom