Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'll take the first offer - I'm not some kind of flaming idiot you know :pocheyes:

Think of all those kebab shops, who will supply their equipment? Where did Archway relocate to in the end? Actually looks like they have moved to Barnet, could be argued a nicer place than Tottenham.

Can I just ask why people think someone shouldn't be able to own multiple clubs? It's their money and if they wish to invest in another club which will be used to scout foreign talent and develop the clubs own youth players surely that is their decision?

Think of all those kebab shops, who will supply their equipment? Where did Archway relocate to in the end? Actually looks like they have moved to Barnet, could be argued a nicer place than Tottenham.

One of those mothballed companies bought and made an industrial estate, I believe, which is where all of the businesses were (supposedly) relocated as part of the deal.

Can I just ask why people think someone shouldn't be able to own multiple clubs? It's their money and if they wish to invest in another club which will be used to scout foreign talent and develop the clubs own youth players surely that is their decision?

Because you end up with cooked books, unfair transfers and so on.

I can only imagine you've never cheated on a Football game before.

Because you end up with cooked books, unfair transfers and so on.

I can only imagine you've never cheated on a Football game before.

Unfair in what sense? That the likes of Granada will have to pay less for a player than Udinese because of the stature of a club? In the sense that City can buy a player and loan them out to one of their other clubs? They still need to buy the player, it still hits the owners pocket. It's hardly unfair.

Edit: Comparing owning numerous clubs and taking over a club to buy your shit player for 60 million before retiring your manager isn't the same thing. If anything UEFA just needs to look at the owners FFP instead of each individual club. Which isn't a difficult thing to do. Tell the owners they need to comply with FFP in all of their clubs, otherwise they will face the punishments of FFP even if the club entering the CL has it's books "all in order"

Unfair in what sense? That the likes of Granada will have to pay less for a player than Udinese because of the stature of a club? In the sense that City can buy a player and loan them out to one of their other clubs? They still need to buy the player, it still hits the owners pocket. It's hardly unfair.

Edit: Comparing owning numerous clubs and taking over a club to buy your shit player for 60 million before retiring your manager isn't the same thing. If anything UEFA just needs to look at the owners FFP instead of each individual club. Which isn't a difficult thing to do. Tell the owners they need to comply with FFP in all of their clubs, otherwise they will face the punishments of FFP even if the club entering the CL has it's books "all in order"

Unfair as in it allows clubs to circumnavigate financial fair play and competitive fair play by complicated structures and payments. It's the exact reason why Castilla or Barcelona B are a joke - clubs set up purely as donkeys.

Think of it this way. Red Bull own Red Bull Salzburg, RB Leipzig and RB New York. Now, the New York club we'll ignore for the moment, but the two European ones are both doing well in their respective leagues. Were RB Leipzig and Salzburg to both quality for the Europa or Champion's League (very possible), they could potentially wind up in the same group. At which point, you have Red Bull owning two teams who will play each other. Red Bull likely would not try to fix the results of those matches. But conceivably they could. And it has been seen to happen in other leagues where organized crime also owned multiple teams.

That's the biggest potential unfairness. Transfers are small potatoes. Yes, it can lead to some below market valuations for players, but that is hard to prove, and probably not illegal, since transfers are on dodgy legal ground as it is.

Think of it this way. Red Bull own Red Bull Salzburg, RB Leipzig and RB New York. Now, the New York club we'll ignore for the moment, but the two European ones are both doing well in their respective leagues. Were RB Leipzig and Salzburg to both quality for the Europa or Champion's League (very possible), they could potentially wind up in the same group. At which point, you have Red Bull owning two teams who will play each other. Red Bull likely would not try to fix the results of those matches. But conceivably they could. And it has been seen to happen in other leagues where organized crime also owned multiple teams.

That's the biggest potential unfairness. Transfers are small potatoes. Yes, it can lead to some below market valuations for players, but that is hard to prove, and probably not illegal, since transfers are on dodgy legal ground as it is.

Pretty much the first logical response I've heard and one that UEFA should address. I just find the transfer/loan/FFP reasonings to be a bit bullshit to be honest. But this logic is very sound.

I'd rather they were rested instead. But interesting to see the funds reflect how many of our players are internationals.
No greater pride for a player than to represent your country. The more that play they greater their pride. As an Englishman I haven't celebrated an England goal with more joy when Kane, Dier & Alli scored since Euro '96! With Walker & Rose ripping teams apart on the wings too I watch with a great deal of pride. I'm also proud that no other football club has provided as many players to their national side than Tottenham.

Levy has staying power, but let's not fool ourselves, ENIC are in this for one reason:
MONEY
They've made some bad choices, and been saved a couple of times (Redknapp, Poch).
I support Tottenham Hotspur FC, the club founded by John Ripsher, not ENIC.

Back
Top Bottom