Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ah yes forgot about them. Also ENIC started out with shares in different European teams.

They all but owned SK Slavia Prague and Vicenza Calcio, about half of Basel and AEK, then 1/4 to 1/3 in Spurs and Rangers.

It's all quite confusing though, as ENIC were floated in the 90's as ENIC plc, then in the 00's JL and DL wanted the 48% they floated, back. They bought those shares under the name of Kondar, then renamed ENIC to ENIC Group.

They sold 61% of SK to a Czech investment company in 2006, but a or two year later that same company messed about with the shares and ended up in Administration. Not sure what happened to the other 30-odd percent that ENIC owned, but they supposedly sold up the shares in other clubs in order to get to 85% of Tottenham.

I'm not sure who currently owns the other 15%. It then goes mega crazy.

You have Tottenham Hotspur Ltd - controlled ownership by Joe Lewis, who is (quote) "Ownership of shares – More than 50% but less than 75% as a trustee of a trust", but there's also the following companies that seem to be associated with the club that have 'Tottenham' in the name:
  • TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR FOOTBALL & ATHLETIC CO. LTD
  • TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR LIMITED
  • TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR ACADEMY (CHIGWELL) LIMITED
  • TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR ACADEMY (ENFIELD) LIMITED
  • TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR FOOTBALL CLUB HOLDINGS LIMITED
  • TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR FOUNDATION
  • TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR STADIUM LIMITED
  • TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR STADIUM DEVELOPMENT LIMITED
  • TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR SUPPORTERS' SOCIETY LIMITED
  • THE COSMIC SUPERSTORE LIMITED (Matching previous names: TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR FOOTBALL CLUB)
  • TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR FINANCE COMPANY LIMITED
  • TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR PROPERTY CO. LIMITED

Really quite difficult to understand which the parent company is, or if the club is now a huge separation of multiple companies.

Levy is also listed as being a director of 'Paxton Road Limited', 'Star Furnishing Company' and 'Stardare' amongst others that have the club's address.

Daniel Philip LEVY - Personal Appointments (free information from Companies House)

There really should be some rules governed by FIFA stopping ownership of multiple clubs across different countries as it does create unfair advantage. Am I right in thinking the clubs cannot be in the same continent? Abu Dhabi cannot own a Spanish or Italian side as well as City?

You can't own two clubs that enter the same competition - so you can own multiple shit clubs in different countries across Europe as they won't be in the CL or EL.

Just to add to my previous, I had an interesting little jaunt on companies house and managed to put a 'Map' together...

enic.jpg

The grey companies are ones they have dissolved, seemingly by intention. Some of them we set up for a specific short term purpose, like 'Debt Collect Ltd' were set up just to collect debts owed by Slavia Prague.

Looks like lots of little companies were made to buy up land/property, possibly for the whole NLD/Stadium aspect. A few little loss makers, like the company that loans out private jets.

Levy is, or has been, a director to pretty much all of those companies - I don't know where he finds the time.

Just to add to my previous, I had an interesting little jaunt on companies house and managed to put a 'Map' together...

enic.jpg

The grey companies are ones they have dissolved, seemingly by intention. Some of them we set up for a specific short term purpose, like 'Debt Collect Ltd' were set up just to collect debts owed by Slavia Prague.

Looks like lots of little companies were made to buy up land/property, possibly for the whole NLD/Stadium aspect. A few little loss makers, like the company that loans out private jets.

Levy is, or has been, a director to pretty much all of those companies - I don't know where he finds the time.

giphy.gif

enic.jpg

Good work. I seem to remember years ago when it first came to light that Spurs had been buying up loads of property surrounding the ground, that they had created inconspicuous looking companies in order to avoid anyone catching on to what they were doing as had they known people might have put the prices up knowing Spurs would definitely been keen to buy. I think there was a map of properties surrounding the stadium that I saw also which showed which ones they had bought and which were still not purchased.

The club's Articles of Association would be interesting. But I guess they are not publicly available now that we're not a plc (at least that's the law here)

Not sure. Can't say I'm that knowledgeable with Business Management, but here's some docs (date submitted):

Tottenham Hotspur Ltd

Confirmation Statement (Sept 2016)
Group of Companies' accounts (April 2016)
Annual Return with details of officers (Dec 2015)
Resolutions (Allotment of Securities, Articles of Association, Removal of Pre-Emption Rights, Authority to Purchase Shares - Nov 2015)
Articles of Association (May 2014)

Interestingly, they have bought and cancelled £10m worth of shares for two years running (Dec 2015, Dec 2016)

Tottenham Hotspur FC (owned by Tottenham Hotspur Limited)

Confirmation Statement (Nov 2016)
Full Accounts (April 2016)
Annual Return with details of officers (Dec 2015)
Damien Comolli resignation as Director (Oct 2008)
Articles of Association (May 2003)

This one mainly confirms that the limited company owns the football club, but some interesting items in there nonetheless.

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium Development Limited (owned by Tottenham Hotspur Limited)

Incorporation (April 2016)

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium Ltd (owned by Tottenham Stadium Development Limited)

Incorporation (April 2016)

Tottenham Hotspur Finance Company Ltd (owned by Tottenham Hotspur Limited)

Confirmation Statement (Oct 2016)
Full Accounts (April 2016)
Satisfaction of Charge (Dec 2015)
Annual Return with full list of shareholders (Sept 2015)
Articles of Association (Nov 2002)

They've applied for this one to be struck off - not looked into this one much to see what the point of it was.

Last edited:
im sure Alan Sugar still has shares as when Abramovich asked about purchasing Tottenham he would have had to deal with Sugar as well as Daniel and Joe

Back in 2004 perhaps - he sold them 29% of his 40% I think, but planned to phase out the purchasing of shares.

At some point ENIC sold a load of interests to get to 85%, which I assumed was the rest of Sugar's lump

FYI, if anyone is interested, there's currently a share auction at the mo:

Asset Match

Cons:
  • It looks complicated as fuck to buy shares, and is probably a way for ENIC to gobble up some more of that 15%
  • You have to invest a minimum of 500 shares, which with costs is likely to be around £1000 at a minimum.

I am tempted, but I think her-indoors would murder me, what with a nipper imminent

enic.jpg

jfk.png

Keep digging.

Back
Top Bottom