Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'll be actually quite gutted if Benteke doesn't happen. It's like I never learn, I get attached to a different striker every window and they're all cruelly taken away.

th

Could it be possible that the Benteke deal hinged on Ade going?

If there is one thing I can ascertain from all this is, 'done' means 'done in principle'...which basically means, by no means done. Presumably all deals are discussed as theoretical proposals, this then substantiates the idea that (from an ITK perspective) deals are 'done' yet (as the media are aware) no formal offer has been made.

Our Daniel seems to be good at putting proposals to clubs for their players and formulating the structure for the deal, but when push comes to shove and a formal offer is required, he goes quiet. Has he seen something bigger and better (and cheaper), did he just baulk at the price...was the price always out of our range and was Levy just putting forward proposals that fitted within our structure in case an agreement could be reached before Villa's deadline?

What ever the reason, it seems that despite most of the details being completed and the deal being done in principle, (done to the point of people believing there should be no reason for it to fail), it failed to happen.

Could it be possible that the Benteke deal hinged on Ade going?

If there is one thing I can ascertain from all this is, 'done' means 'done in principle'...which basically means, by no means done. Presumably all deals are discussed as theoretical proposals, this then substantiates the idea that (from an ITK perspective) deals are 'done' yet (as the media are aware) no formal offer has been made.

Our Daniel seems to be good at putting proposals to clubs for their players and formulating the structure for the deal, but when push comes to shove and a formal offer is required, he goes quiet. Has he seen something bigger and better (and cheaper), did he just baulk at the price...was the price always out of our range and was Levy just putting forward proposals that fitted within our structure in case an agreement could be reached before Villa's deadline?

What ever the reason, it seems that despite most of the details being completed and the deal being done in principle, (done to the point of people believing there should be no reason for it to fail), it failed to happen.

If its any of the above, Villa and Benteke hammered out a deal quickly enough.

If its any of the above, Villa and Benteke hammered out a deal quickly enough.

Yeah, considering Villa's own deadline had passed and Benteke was remaining at the club regardless. It shouldn't take them long to come up with a deal....especially considering he's already at the club, no other parties are involved and his new contract probably looks like his old contract but with more 0's.

I wish it all the time. Once more we see City stealing a march on us as they sign new strikers. As I say the two best owners in the country are those who run City and Chelsea.

ENIC have done a good job, but no more than that, IMHO. City and Chelsea have been transformed.

Not this shit again.

I'd prefer this thread disintegrated into yhe usual Carlito inciting hatred rather than this 'discussion' bleed into another thread. Quarantine is effective for a reason.

@danielwynnethfc

9m
My timeline has gone into meltdown tonight. Let me tell you, the board are not idiots despite what many think. Keep the faith

Spurs TV Commentator for all Spurs' games, Trustee of the Tottenham Tribute Trust & Supporters' Trust media spokesman

As much as levy may be a goon when it comes to making these deals happen, there must be some kind of view from the English and European clubs about him that's causing this chaos from their side too, just look at how quickly we bought sandro and paulinho

@danielwynnethfc

9m

My timeline has gone into meltdown tonight. Let me tell you, the board are not idiots despite what many think. Keep the faith

Spurs TV Commentator for all Spurs' games, Trustee of the Tottenham Tribute Trust & Supporters' Trust media spokesman

Daniel Wynne, ex supporters trust chairman who sold us all down the river in return for a position at the club...

....can't believe he's talking out in support of Levy....

He's a good bloke and says a lot of sense. I don't see any reason to have a go at him. if he is supporting Levy, then he knows something. have patience. still early days.

Back
Top Bottom