Levy / ENIC

• There is only one thing weirder than posting on internet forums... lurking on internet forums!
    Registration only takes a minute and removes most of the adverts. You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Good news on wages is that in the last set of accounts our wages bill was £147m, £80m less than Woolwich and £100m below Chelsea and more than that below the other top 4 clubs.

We also had the lowest wages to turnover of 39% , by comparison ManU had 50% on a far higher turnover.

The wages situation coupled with big revenue growth from playing at Wembley means we will, once again be offering big wages increases to existing players we want to keep in exchange for longer contracts. But even with that and a few new players on high wages means I think we will remain on well less than 50% and with revenues likely to rise again in the coming year when we play at NWHL from the high corporate ticket revenues means we would probably take 2 or even 3 seasons to start to get to the % of gross revenue paid on wages by the other top 6 clubs.

The one thing I think we can trust Levy not to do is to vastly ovrpay on wages as ManU have done on Sanchez or Pogba and Woolwich have done with Ozil or Madrid have done with Bale as it means that it is all but impossible to move the player on without vastly subsiding that played wages to go.

So whilst we need to understand how wages might rise it would not surprise me if Levy decided that Spurs had ample funds to spend say £100m plus sales proceeds on new players. A big change from previous TWs
That's very fair, I think it's probably best to look at the idea that if we sign a player who is perceived to be in a higher stratosphere or with a very high value contract then the existing squad will be saying that they are significantly undervalued.

It's not so much about the transfer window but raising the contract payments to players in a sustainable way where you're not in a place where you are paying mediocre players massive amounts of money so they become unsellable and basically cease to be an asset.

I think there is definitely a new balance of higher pay to be found. Though you have to acknowledge that our structure makes buying players from other top 6 Premier League teams less likely because, for the current time, we pay our players less than our rivals.

Register to remove

Register to remove

I can’t believe N’Koudou’s wages.
Fucking hell his agent pulled a blinder there
:pochfacepalm:
The ave PL wage two years ago (can't find a more recent report) was £50k per week!! GKN is on £35k pw, I'd say his agent and us fucked him.

You can add at least 20% to that average figure to get to where we are today I would guess.

The ave PL wage two years ago (can't find a more recent report) was £50k per week!! GKN is on £35k pw, I'd say his agent and us fucked him.

You can add at least 20% to that average figure to get to where we are today I would guess.
for a proper comparison the Mode Average is probably more applicable as the likes of Sanchez will skew the median. The average wage between me, you and Harry Kane would be £M's.

for a proper comparison the Mode Average is probably more applicable as the likes of Sanchez will skew the median. The average wage between me, you and Harry Kane would be £M's.
That average is pre-Sanchez and pre-Ozil new deal, it will also include academy players who's wages are notoriously low (football salary terms) when the first breakthrough.

Register to remove

Top Bottom