Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So you think he wants us to be Woolwich 05-2017 mark 2 more or less ?

It's certainly crossed my mind just praying I'm wrong and he goes for it , he did splurge in the market in his early days.
That was a long time ago, the market is much different today, he's got big problems because he's got of the best managers in the clubs history that doesn't believe in the model any more. He's got to spend 200 million this summer at least.

That was a long time ago, the market is much different today, he's got big problems because he's got of the best managers in the clubs history that doesn't believe in the model any more. He's got to spend 200 million this summer at least.

Think it's difficult to put a number on it and if Poch threatens to walk if Levy doesn't spend 200 million this summer I believe he should be allowed to walk.

I would be more than happy with a 50 to 80 million net spend that would be serious intention for me.

Think it's difficult to put a number on it and if Poch threatens to walk if Levy doesn't spend 200 million this summer I believe he should be allowed to walk.

I would be more than happy with a 50 to 80 million net spend that would be serious intention for me.

Unfortunately in today’s market that might not be enough. Depending on sales if we make say £100 mil plus with Eriksen and others maybe going perhaps if added to the pot to spend.

He can't spend net 200m that would put us way outside FFP ... we can show about 130m in additional profit so under FFP that's what we can spend net on transfers ... the good news is we can expect another big increase next year with the stadium revenue which is allowed under FFP , so maybe 300m net on transfers over the next two years ... that's if ENIC give the green light.

Yell i have always said judge ENIC once the stadium is built, we have been saving to build for years and now it’s done.

We have TV money, CL football, big revenue increase from the stadium, NFL etc. We will now see one way or another if we have ambition to match what Poch could potentially achieve.
Nailed it.

He can't spend net 200m that would put us way outside FFP ... we can show about 130m in additional profit so under FFP that's what we can spend net on transfers ... the good news is we can expect another big increase next year with the stadium revenue which is allowed under FFP , so maybe 300m net on transfers over the next two years ... that's if ENIC give the green light.

I'm not sure that's correct though.

Looking at FFP you can spend as long as your losses aren't more than -£25m per year. If that accrues over a three year period, and it looks like how they asses it then we have a minimum of £75m to start with, that's without taking into account TV revenue, gate, sponsorship and winnings. I don't know what our profits are (minus stadium, youth and training facilities), it must be bloody high over a three year period. I reckon we would have to do over £400m before it becomes a consideration.

Unfortunately in today’s market that might not be enough. Depending on sales if we make say £100 mil plus with Eriksen and others maybe going perhaps if added to the pot to spend.

Levy has already spoken out on the unsustainable nature of today's market so can't really see him going in for anyone over 50 million personally.

Man City have spent nearly £650m in the last three seasons over 1.4bil in 10 years, this is why they are on the FFP radar... We have commercials in place now that will arguably bring in more than them. We are so far from FFP it's untrue. It is now down to Levy and what he feels is sustainable based on the way the game is projected to go

I'm not sure that's correct though.

Looking at FFP you can spend as long as your losses aren't more than -£25m per year. If that accrues over a three year period, and it looks like how they asses it then we have a minimum of £75m to start with, that's without taking into account TV revenue, gate, sponsorship and winnings. I don't know what our profits are (minus stadium, youth and training facilities), it must be bloody high over a three year period. I reckon we would have to do over £400m before it becomes a consideration.

Maybe 400m not 300m hard to say without current accounts, fair to say it's a fecklin' lot ... the big kicker over and above that is the naming rights say 20m a year for 20 years that's 400m all of which can under FFP go on the transfer budget ...

Maybe 400m not 300m hard to say without current accounts, fair to say it's a fecklin' lot ... the big kicker over and above that is the naming rights say 20m a year for 20 years that's 400m all of which can under FFP go on the transfer budget ...

Does anyone know how the naming rights situation is coming along? Surely now would be the kind of time where the club would be going full throttle with negotiating something with one or two businesses out there

Levy has already spoken out on the unsustainable nature of today's market so can't really see him going in for anyone over 50 million personally.

People have been saying that for a decade, next TV deal could be even higher than before. The way football is now I don’t see it crashing for a long time.

If the strategy is to save and wait for the crash we will be waiting for a long time and Poch will be long gone.

Unfortunately in today’s market that might not be enough.
What is enough? There's no amount of money that wouldn't leave someone screaming about it not being "enough". If we sign two excellent players there will be a lot of complaining that we didn't sign three. If we sign five players there will still be complaints.

Let's just sign some decent players, how about that? Let's start with a new CM and a new RB. Then let's take another look at the squad and reassess.

I've only seen this referenced once on here (in the transfers thread) but the KPMG EV report (linked below from earlier in the year) will be fascinating reading come next January. It quite clearly sets out the case that from a revenue to outgoings perspective we're far ahead of any other major team in Europe.

Long story short, it depends a little on how Levy perceives our finances vis-a-vis the stadium debt, but we've certainly got some headroom should some investment be made.

What is enough? There's no amount of money that wouldn't leave someone screaming about it not being "enough". If we sign two excellent players there will be a lot of complaining that we didn't sign three. If we sign five players there will still be complaints.

Let's just sign some decent players, how about that? Let's start with a new CM and a new RB. Then let's take another look at the squad and reassess.

Try it out , give me ten grand then ask me if it's enough , great way to prove your point.

What is this? Pick a number out of the hat day?

yeah that's kinda the issue with FFP TBH. My point is I don't believe FFP will be a consideration when deciding our budget. It will be the lowest Levy feels he needs to spend, which is understandable, it's just whether this figure is enough for Poch and then us...

Looking at the players around and with losing Toby and CE it seems like we would need to spend in excess of £200m to replace them and add another couple of decent players...

Personally would rather Toby stayed.

I've only seen this referenced once on here (in the transfers thread) but the KPMG EV report (linked below from earlier in the year) will be fascinating reading come next January. It quite clearly sets out the case that from a revenue to outgoings perspective we're far ahead of any other major team in Europe.

Long story short, it depends a little on how Levy perceives our finances vis-a-vis the stadium debt, but we've certainly got some headroom should some investment be made.
It makes me furious that one of their "key performance indicators" is "Social Media Followers".

Blegh.

Back
Top Bottom