Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Time to offer a cut price deal on the naming rights and sleeve sponsor i think - a £15m bird in the hand is better than beating around the bush chasing £20m for the next two years.
The way they monetise the training ground - get right on top finding a sponsor for that as well, along with the training kits

Has anybody else seen this twats sly dig at real Madrid. Apparently winning is more important to us than it is to them !!!!! Is this prick for real, he knows that they actually invest and win things...2 things he knows fuck all about..he really does think we are all fucking idiots and would actually agree.................fuck levy the cunt rat.....

Wow. So now the dust has settled, maybe it's time we all sobered up and took a reality check.

We can all be proud of Poch and the boys for somehow dragging the most under-invested, neglected, playing squad in the PL to a CL final but ultimately the wrong kind of history was written last night.

After overseeing the most barren decade since the war in the 2,000s (1 paltry league cup) Levy and ENIC have actually achieved the unthinkable.
Completed the following decade, the 2010s, without adding a single major trophy to our illustrious club's honours list. The only custodians to achieve such a dubious feat in our post war history.

Now we can all talk up and be proud of what's been achieved off the pitch; New stadium, record profits, the way they've capitalised on the unprecedented Premier League brand and its booming tv billions.......But lets be honest with ourselves, winning football matches, or more specifically football titles, is not something particularly high up on their priority list. Or if it is, then we must all agree they've failed abjectedly. Miserably.

I know some will say winning isn't important. That's not what supporting Spurs is about. If you want to win stuff go support City blah blah blah but we all know that's bollocks.
Our greatest manager of all, Bill Nicholsan, would surely baulk at such bullshit.
The game is about GLORY. not profit margins.

There's a huge summer ahead. One in which Pochettino has made it crystal clear he wants a change in the frugal approach he's been forced to work with these past 5 years.
An approach that's seen us complete two decades with just one league cup.
If ENIC are not prepared to finally put our football team at the top their our list of priorities and actually start backing the damn manager then surely they should do the honourable thing and sell this great club to someone who will.

To-Dare-it-678x381.jpg

Last edited:
Football is a different animal these days, it's all about the fucking money, winning the FA Cup this season was worth £3.6M, if you include all the early round prize money it totals around £7M. Winning the League Cup? £100K....The CL? Just over £13M is the starting money in the group stage. You get around £2.5M for a win....you get £800K just for a draw!!!!

This is Levy’s big moment - does he spend big and try to keep us where we are, or does he do what he always did and go back to conservative management?

He’s at a historical crossroad and I’d love to see him take the risk but my head says he won’t.

Where does FFP come into our spending limit? Obviously we can only spend profit with a net loss of £25m, does that accrue so three season's losses can be combined? I understand the training ground and stadium doesn't come into it. Just interested to know our upper limits?

Poch didn't spend in the last two transfer window. Perhaps the targets he was after were just out of his reach so what was the point of going for sub-standard players? If this is the case (and it's only a theory) then he might only have had a £35m kitty. With this year's and winter's it's likely he will have something like £90m without sales. I just can't see us dropping £200m, hopefully i'm wrong but just can't see it

Has anybody else seen this twats sly dig at real Madrid. Apparently winning is more important to us than it is to them !!!!! Is this prick for real, he knows that they actually invest and win things...2 things he knows fuck all about..he really does think we are all fucking idiots and would actually agree.................fuck levy the cunt rat.....

Stick your head in an oven.

UEFA are discussing bringing in a "luxury tax" for transfers. It would allow clubs to spend as much as they want up to a certain limit each window. And everything above that will be taxed and re-distributed to your rivals.

Interesting.

Wow. So now the dust has settled, maybe it's time we all sobered up and took a reality check.

We can all be proud of Poch and the boys for somehow dragging the most under-invested, neglected, playing squad in the PL to a CL final but ultimately the wrong kind of history was written last night.

After overseeing the most barren decade since the war in the 2,000s (1 paltry league cup) Levy and ENIC have actually achieved the unthinkable.
Completed the following decade, the 2010s, without adding a single major trophy to our illustrious club's honours list. The only custodians to achieve such a dubious feat in our post war history.

Now we can all talk up and be proud of what's been achieved off the pitch; New stadium, record profits, the way they've capitalised on the unprecedented Premier League brand and its booming tv billions.......But lets be honest with ourselves, winning football matches, or more specifically football titles, is not something particularly high up on their priority list. Or if it is, then we must all agree they've failed abjectedly. Miserably.

I know some will say winning isn't important. That's not what supporting Spurs is about. If you want to win stuff go support City blah blah blah but we all know that's bollocks.
Our greatest manager of all, Bill Nicholsan, would surely baulk at such bullshit.
The game is about GLORY. not profit margins.

There's a huge summer ahead. One in which Pochettino has made it crystal clear he wants a change in the frugal approach he's been forced to work with these past 5 years.
An approach that's seen us complete two decades with just one league cup.
If ENIC are not prepared to finally put our football team at the top their our list of priorities and actually start backing the damn manager then surely they should do the honourable thing and sell this great club to someone who will.

To-Dare-it-678x381.jpg
Have you really just said we fail abjectly in winning football matches two days after a CL final appearance?

This is Levy's biggest ever window imo and will tell us a lot about his true ambition for the club.
His true ambition is to make us into a sustainable, profitable club that gets regular champions league football, we surpassed that by getting to the final, even if he spends big this season, it's more than likely it will be a one off.

His true ambition is to make us into a sustainable, profitable club that gets regular champions league football, we surpassed that by getting to the final, even if he spends big this season, it's more than likely it will be a one off.

So you think he wants us to be Woolwich 05-2017 mark 2 more or less ?

It's certainly crossed my mind just praying I'm wrong and he goes for it , he did splurge in the market in his early days.

This is Levy's biggest ever window imo and will tell us a lot about his true ambition for the club.

Yell i have always said judge ENIC once the stadium is built, we have been saving to build for years and now it’s done.

We have TV money, CL football, big revenue increase from the stadium, NFL etc. We will now see one way or another if we have ambition to match what Poch could potentially achieve.

Back
Top Bottom