Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sorry, but I really don't get this. There is a dubious newspaper/internet article saying that Ade's move to Besiktas (which said newspaper/internet may well have invented) is off because of Ade's wage demands. The article SAYS that all was agreed with Tottenham.

Assuming for a moment that the newspaper/internet site is legit and has perfectly accurate information, how in the world does this make it Levy's fault? Why call the thread Levy? It seems to me to have nothing to do with him.
:avbfacepalm:

Cut the fee. 6m for that?

Just get him off the books

So you're a commodities / derivatives / trader type who doesn't understand asset management then? :gallashmm:

No wonder the economy ended up in a shit pit.

Next thing you know you'll be quoting the sun as gospel. :adelol:

fuck, I never knew he had a never ending contract.

Def worth losing out on £6mil by giving him away then.

5.2 million per year wages guess he got a 3 year when he signed.

so if we let it ride 10.4m in wages.....for a lamp post.

So cut it to 3 mil....in fact pay them to take him FFS.

Let the David Bentley saga be your guide.

My perception of the 'Levy is a cunt to deal with' is also a bit of a get out clause for other clubs.

It's like a self fulfilling prophesy, as well as an excuse used to explain why someone would chose one club over another. tow sides of the same coin.

But I don't see what is wrong with financial prudence?

Buying a player is always a bit of a gamble, and so paying over the odds or losing money off the bottom line due to being an expensive long term asset is basically a balancing act.

His dealing didn't stop us getting Lloris, among many others.

So for me, these types of 'we need x tomorrow' shows a bit of impatience. But then I guess we are a mix of the MTV and iPod generation on here in the main.

I still say I'd rather he saved the club several million per year, than raised ticket prices yet again, or putting the long term financial footing of the club at risk.

Guess I'm in a minority these days.

5.2 million per year wages guess he got a 3 year when he signed.

so if we let it ride 10.4m in wages.....for a lamp post.

So cut it to 3 mil....in fact pay them to take him FFS.

Let the David Bentley saga be your guide.

I think there is an area to agree on there, bentley was a classic example of why you don't buy a 'one season wonder', and when to cut your loses.

But where I disagree is that Adebyor has more talent than Bentley. And the lack of replacement makes him a more useful lamp-post than bentley ever was.

So if we sign a couple of decent strikers and I wouldn't be upset to see him go, and yes offset some future losses in the process makes sense also. I would let him go until the incoming deals are signed sealed and delivered though.

I think there is an area to agree on there, bentley was a classic example of why you don't buy a 'one season wonder', and when to cut your loses.

But where I disagree is that Adebyor has more talent than Bentley. And the lack of replacement makes him a more useful lamp-post than bentley ever was.

So if we sign a couple of decent strikers and I wouldn't be upset to see him go, and yes offset some future losses in the process makes sense also. I would let him go until the incoming deals are signed sealed and delivered though.

I wouldnt hold your breath....would be nice for once to have a team bedded in before the season starts.

So is Benteke still nailedon-goingtohappen-safetobuyyour9bentekeshirtwithpremierleaguebadgesandeverything?

how it can take this long....knowing what I know....is literally beyond me.

The man acts like a market trader rather than a business man...does my nut in.

Add to that Villa admitting that Levys faffing cost us him.....

I wouldnt hold your breath....would be nice for once to have a team bedded in before the season starts.

fuck knows it would be nice, the fewer dealings that happen the greater the stability in the club as well.

But there is a caveat and I think we (the fans) should be realistic to an extent.

The pecking order of who will move to where is driven by the ego's of the players as much as who are perceived to be the top clubs.

So those behind the euro top table have to wait for them to effectively say 'we've stopped now so the rest of you lot can carry on and sort the rest out among yourself' once they've all cherry picked the players they wanted.

So the players (and/or their agents) who might have been angling for a move to Madrid may well be now looking at us a viable proposition depending on where they are currently.

The funny thing is that the group of 'next to the table' includes the goons as well as us.

As for whether it makes Levy a good person or deal with or not? difficult to quantify. We got Paulinho early and we got Lloris despite him being obtuse to deal with (according to the cheese eating surrender monkey club).

Could always be worse, imagine having sullivan, gold and brady as co-owners / co-chair.

Swings, roundabouts, you know the rest.

how it can take this long....knowing what I know....is literally beyond me.

The man acts like a market trader rather than a business man...does my nut in.

Add to that Villa admitting that Levys faffing cost us him.....

sorry, just to be clear are you claiming ITK? :kaboul:

Thank you, Admin Admin

image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom