Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

To give some perspective on wages....

From the most recent available accounts (Season 2015-2016)

• Woolwich wage bill........£195m
  • Chelsea wage bill.......£224m
  • Liverpool wage bill.....£208m
  • Man City wage bill.....£198m
  • Man Utd wage bill.....£232m
  • Spurs TURNOVER...£210m

Liverpool who have the 5th highest turnover in the league can afford to pay wages equal to our TURNOVER.

Now say what you like about TV money, or "that's what the market demands" etc. etc.., the fact is we ARE NOT a big club in terms of finance. The club are working very hard to bridge the gap but we are miles off yet.

I think this paradox of being too good too soon is true. While it's great to have the "success" of the last 2 seasons, it has left people (fans, pundits etc..) wanting more for the club. And the way that most people see to do that is by investing in the playing side. When in reality that just isn't an option. "Just pay them what they are worth" you say. We can't.
Get out of here with your "math" and "logic".

I know in my GUT that Levy could pay more but doesn't. I can FEEL it. Poch said that he and Levy are on the same page, but I KNOW what Poch REALLY meant.

If all that is accurate, & it looks pretty comprehensive, then it should really put the "Spurs pay peanuts" argument to bed. I'm still gobsmacked that people on £65k a week think that it's not enough
It will not put it to bed, the narrative is set, the media regurgitate endlessly, Spurs fans get sucked into it and believe it. Every single pundit on TalkSport push it, The Sun push it, The Mail push it, even the BBC push it repeat it enough times and it becomes true.

I find it difficult to believe that Man City's payroll is only 50% of their income. They must have some dodgy sources of income to inflate that figure.
I mean, ya, it's City. It's basically a money laundering operation. Or is it the other way around?

And yes, Spurs pay what the club can afford to pay given the turnover. With the new stadium and sponsorship deals, the club will be able to afford to pay more in the near term.

DHGVZycXcAASyUU.jpg:large

:levylol:

If all that is accurate, & it looks pretty comprehensive, then it should really put the "Spurs pay peanuts" argument to bed. I'm still gobsmacked that people on £65k a week think that it's not enough
Exactly this it would take an average mans 3 YEARS to earn/make what Rose gets a WEEK! And he's under paid for playing fecking football! Based on a shift he only WORKS 5hrs a WEEK!

I see we have gone into a partnership with a Chinese mobile phone company Leagoo
They look like iPhones & Samsungs, promise to do the same thing, but do not perform as well at full potential. That's why they are much, much cheaper.
Who knows, they may come good and be the next in thing.

Sound familiar :levywhoa:

Look like the players friends kids are getting Mobiles this Christmas

I bought his book the day I saw this, and it's quite compelling.

Explains pretty much that Levy is pretty much a good businessman existing in a world of amateurs. He did also say that he wound up Jeremy Peace by offering a "nominal amount" up front for Berahino, plus £20m over 6 years.

I can see how that makes preferable financial sense, for amortisation and not needing to actually find £20m+ in one lump, so there's something beyond the "miser" tag this would expect to encourage.

How many premiership clubs have gone close to the wall since Leeds?

I genuinely find this stuff ludicrous.

If we're going to base this on a business how many corps run with net assets.

Yes we may have the 11th highest revenue...but if we don't win anything then we will never exceed that.

Wages are in line but that means we will always lose players to our rivals.

To dare is to do?

It seems like we are happy to go with a whimper

How many premiership clubs have gone close to the wall since Leeds?

I genuinely find this stuff ludicrous.

If we're going to base this on a business how many corps run with net assets.

Yes we may have the 11th highest revenue...but if we don't win anything then we will never exceed that.

Wages are in line but that means we will always lose players to our rivals.

To dare is to do?

It seems like we are happy to go with a whimper
You love it mate. You're blind.

I find it difficult to believe that Man City's payroll is only 50% of their income. They must have some dodgy sources of income to inflate that figure.

City have spent millions on marketing teams to raise their profile - they literally have an office floor of people calling every company in the world asking if they want to sponsor them.

Chelsea have 1 or 2 people fulfilling the same role.

Back
Top Bottom